10/25/11

Chili Cookoff: White Chicken Chili

It’s time to fill this Le Cruset Pot with
Aimee’s Newfangled Cowtown White Chicken Chili!

This is one of my favorite recipes EVER!

Finely chop the onions….
There are so many varieties and inspirations for chili.  A GREAT chili is accomplished when it has a rich, complex flavor.  It takes time for the ingredients to develop and blend, so start early and allow your chili to simmer!  Your labor of love will result in a savory pot of chili!
Do you have a can opener like this!?
If not, get one!  Love it!
Altogether there were SEVEN Chili’s to Sample.  Since this is my little world I’m going to say mine won HANDS DOWN!!!  Truthfully, I think more chose Chili with Beef, but a lot was gone at the end of the evening. Thankfully a bowl full was left for me the next day.
Garnished with Cheese, Sour Cream and Tortilla Chip
(or Fritos if You’re My Photographer).
Baby B & Little B had Chili ~ Big B Hot Dog Hands Down.
And these are the cute little treats that I’d planned on having the little girls put together for me when time started to run away from me and I didn’t have time to complete them.  It was a little complicated for a couple girls, but a few stuck with it and had a ton of FUN!  The kids were all thrilled to have a lollipop on the back of an eight-legged Halloween Spider with cute googly eyes for the drive home!
Here’s the recipe for my White Chicken Chili.  You have to promise me

you’re going to try it this Fall sure to become one of your menu staples!

Aimee’s Newfangled Cowtown White Chicken Chili
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Medium Onions, finely chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 Can Chopped Green Chilies
4 Cups Cooked Chicken, Shredded
2 Teaspoons Cumin
1 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne
3 16 oz. Cans Great Northern White Beans
6 Cups Vegetable Broth
Salt & Pepper
Heat oil in large pot to medium high.  Add onions and saute until translucent {about 10 minutes}.  Add garlic, chilies, chicken, cumin, oregano, and hot pepper.  Saute for 2 more minutes.  Add beans and chicken broth.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours or longer.  Add salt and pepper to taste.Also, check out….

Chili Cookoff: Party Setup
Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cupcakes

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. Reena says:

This is our favorite chili recipe at home and I just won a chili competition at work with it! I shared this page with everyone too. Thanks for the yummy recipe!

• Awww…you just made my night! Thanks for sharing Reena!!! XO, Aimee

2. This chili looks delicious, yum!

3. Miz Helen says:

Your Cowtown White Chicken Chili looks delicious, I know we would just love it! I Pinned your post and Thank You so much for sharing your great Chili with The Texas Star Chili Cook Off 2012.
    Good Luck!
    Miz Helen

4. Melinda @ Mom on the Make says:

I’ve been craving chili with Fall around the corner. This sounds perfect! Thank you!!

5. Hi Aimee, I wanted you to know that I wrote about your chili and the Chili Cookoff in a Box book on my blog today! Loved it! http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/newfangled-cowtown-white-chicken-chili-for-labor-day-sundaysupper/

6. Sendy says:

Love your blog!!!

I will love to make it!!
    but no cans!!! I am from Cabo San Lucas…so we don’t have a good selection and the imported brands are really expensive..
    If you think buying beans in México is cheap!!! I guess is not!! LOL
    Thanks for sharing!!!

7. Sarah E. says:

That’s the recipe my MIL makes – it’s super delicious. I cheat and use the seasoning packets 😛

Stopping in from Must Try Monday

8. Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts says:

Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday – you were featured today!
    –Mandy, http://www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

9. Ty and Whitty says:

Yummy I can’t wait to try it. I pinned it so I don’t forget. Thank you so much for sharing and for linking up to last weeks show and share. We hope to see you and your newest project on Wednesday.

A mommy’s life…with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

10. Jessica @ My World - Made By Hand says:

Another yummy looking recipe. Thanks again for linking all these fabulous recipes to Totally Tutorial Tuesdays.

Jessica

11. Cathy @My 1929 Charmer says:

The only chili I eat is White Chili, so I will definitely be making this. Looks really good, and thanks for sharing. Also thanks for stopping by Sunday’s Best and joining in.

12. Nicole@Thrifty Decorating says:

Put this on my FB page today! Thanks for linking to Thrifty Thursday!

13. Tricia says:

We are trying those spider suckers out tomorrow! And your chili looks sooo yummy!

14. Amy says:

Mmm…I love white chicken chili. I just make it using the McCormick spice packet but I’d rather use fresh ingredients…pinning this to try! Thanks for linking at OAM!

15. Honey at 2805 says:

I love all chili including chicken chili. Thanks for the receipe!

I appreciate your participation in Potpourri Friday. Many thanks!

16. Honey at 2805 says:

I love all chili including chicken chili. Thanks for the receipe!

I appreciate your participation in Potpourri Friday. Many thanks!

17. Honey at 2805 says:

I love all chili including chicken chili. Thanks for the receipe!

I appreciate your participation in Potpourri Friday. Many thanks!

18. Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch says:

I’ve never made white chilit, but I am going to save your recipe to try later. Yum!

19. June Scott says:

We’re having a chili cookoff at my church on Friday. I’m actually making a Salsa Chicken Crockpot recipe, but yours looks delicious too! Thanks for checking out my blog, I’m thrilled to have you!

20. lucylucia says:

Now that just looks delicious! Perfect for a chilly fall evening!

21. Rosemary@villabarnes says:

Yum. Thanks for the recipe.

22. Aimee says:

Thanks for all the sweet comments!!! My chandelier is a 1950 original ~ one of the special treats that came with the house ~ now adorned with several layers of spray paint!!! I recently posted about the update so look for that post for more scoop!!! A link is on the right sidebar b/c its one of my “favorite posts” right now!!!

Aimee @ ItsOverflowing

23. Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic says:

Your chili looks yummy! I make one very similar and I love it! Love the spiders on that gorgeous chandelier of yours, too. Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog!

~Shanon

24. Sharon, aka Bootersmom03 says:

It looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

25. Jodi says:

I love a good chili recipe! thanks for sharing looks yum

26. Emily @ 52 Mantels says:

First of all, I want your photographer to come give me a lesson.

Second, I LOVR your adorable chandelier decor. You’re so clever and fun! I’m sure your party was a hit!

27. Inspire Me Heather says:

That looks like so much fun and the chili sounds delish!

28. Tiki @ Ribbons, Lace, and Inspiration says:

I just have to comment on your chandelier…sooo beautiful!! Did you buy it like that or did you “redo”? When you added the lil spidys it just pops with color…I just might have to try your chili recipe..yummy!!

29. Donna says:

Wow, you sure were busy! Your chili looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!!