11/12/11

Family Picture Outfits Part 1

It’s that time of year again– you know, when you try to put together a collection of super cute clothing where everyone, especially you, look GREAT.  It’s important to send a card with an “everything is absolutely perfect” note enclosed!  LOL.  So, here’s my attempt. (Scroll to the bottom for more ideas).

This top I found at my favorite vintage store and the details on it I absolutely LOVE. Sadly, I’m not sure that the details are going to photograph all that well in our family picture.  But I feel cute in it and it coordinates with the family’s collection so I’m going with it.  The bottoms are a toss up between two pairs.

Above is my new pair of GAP jeans (purchased today actually).  They’re straight cut because the cute TCU student in there told me that is all people are buying these days and her style was impressive so who am I to argue!!?  With these, I would definitely need to find a pair of brown tallish boots!  And maybe Goldish Jewelry!?!  Have any of you bought an adorable pair or boots lately that I could copycat!?!?

Little B will be wearing a smocked dress in a Chambray Fabric.  This dress was from Land’s End and the best part about it, seems to be comfortable so hopefully nothing will hold back her beautiful smile!  I’m thinking fun flats for her.  Since she has about 25 pairs of shoes (partially because I’m a sucker and partially because her foot grows so incredibly slow), I’m hoping that we don’t have to add to her already ridiculous collection of shoes!

The boys will both be wearing navy polo shirts with khaki pants.  Baby B would prefer an orange polo and orange shorts, his smile would be glowing.  That’s just his personality, but blending in with the rest of us for an hour won’t hurt him.  Did you see the video of him dancing on stage in front of 50ish people at the State Fair this year!??!  You’ll have to scroll to the bottom….let me just say, he is a total Wild Man!

Want to see how our pics turned out!?!! click here.

Family Picture Outfits

{source}

Family Picture Outfits

{source}

Family Picture Outfits

{source}

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. Just Jaime says:

Great choices!

2. Lolly Jane says:

Thanks for linking up to our party, this’ll be featured at our next one this weekend (:

3. A Mother and A Daughter says:

And you know now I have to follow you so I can see what you chose! ~ Barbara

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

4. A Mother and A Daughter says:

I think since it’s more of a casual kind of photo the straight jeans and boots would look awesome and younger! And you know we all want to look younger! ~ Barbara

5. Love the neutrals! Thank you for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!
    -Trish @ Mom On Timeout

6. Aimee says:

Alright, I think it’s unanimous! Straight jeans is the way to go!!!

7. beberouge says:

I’m voting for the straight leg pants they look so slimming with that gorgeous top. Good choice listening to sales girl there. I love all your outfits too cute. xx

8. Mrs. Bacon says:

My little man is a fiend for orange so, my personal suggestion is a run to Joann’s fabrics and find the belt material in the back with the d rings. Make him an orange belt that he can wear for the picture and it wont be over the top. I promise.
    You get the navy shirt, he gets the orange he loves and all are happy. If you are wondering if he will stand out too much have the rest of the family use orange accents such as a bag for you, a hair ribbon for your little girl, and a flower pin for you. Definitely go with the jeans and wear heels with them…or flats in a great color. The slacks are okay but you look fantabulous in the jeans.

9. NanAppetit says:

Okay, I’m going to start following you now. I see that I need the information you are sharing!

10. Cathy @My 1929 Charmer says:

I like the skinny jeans with the loose top. Boots I think could look wintery, but honesty, when you put it all together, you’ll known what’s best for you. All the outfits will look great in the photoshoot. good luck. Again thanks for sharing at Sunday’s Best.

11. folkhaven says:

It’s so simple but I didn’t take the time to just hang everything up on the same rod together. Ours turned out alright, but I really like how easy it is to just see everything together this way instead of all laid out on a bed.

12. Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} says:

Love all of the outfit options! I love putting together clothes for family pictures. I’ve officially been “put in charge” of it every year lol

13. marissa says:

the outfits look great your pictures are going to be so cute I’d love it if you’d like this to my link party at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

14. Carrie @ My Favorite Finds says:

We just had our family pictures done a few weeks ago. I dressed in a white button up with a gray cardigan and dark jeans. My twin boys wore light pink and white striped button up shits, my husband a darker pink and white striped shirt. And our two year old wore a green corduroy jumper with felt flowers-from Gymboree-and a magenta, orange, and green striped shirt and bright pink tights. It looks REALLY great together. I love your choices, and I just found a super cute pair of tall boots to wear over skinny jeans/leggings at Target last week. I got them in black, but they also had them in brown.

15. Pam says:

Your outfits look great and will make fantastic pictures. Another good clothing scheme is for everyone to wear black turtlenecks and jeans. This sounds boring, I know, however it has several advantages. First, the pictures never look dated because of clothing. Also, and most important, all attention is focused on the faces and not the outfits. This is from my limited and amateurish photo experience. — I love your blog and look forward to updates.

16. Renewed Upon a Dream says:

Ahh, you are too cute! Love that shirt, it’s beautiful!

17. Andrea @Oasis Accents says:

Such a cute top! I think the skinny jeans with the loose top looks better. I would say you do too just from your expressions in the photos. Go with what makes you feel good. Thanks for sharing at Sunday’s Best.

18. Rosemary@villabarnes says:

I love the muted tones. Your portrait is going to look great.

19. Grace @ Sense and Simplicity says:

Love the details in the top and would go with the straight-cut jeans (they are slimmer and photos add pounds). You look great in both outfits, I should add. I could see some gold or even some turquoise jewelry. What colour flats are you putting on your daughter? It might be nice to pick up the same colour in your jewelry.

Have fun – I feel your pain in doing a family photo. We are long past doing them, but I remember it was a bit of agony doing them at the time.

20. Cranberry Morning says:

That white top is gorgeous!

21. Tiki says:

oh I like the jeans on you …I have always enjoyed the family portraits that incorporate who we are on a daily basis. You have a cute figure so put those jeans on and feel the love of denim…lol
    hope to see the picts when they are done..have fun!!
    hugs
    Tiki

22. Tricia says:

I think slacks and heels with yellow jewelry would compliment everyone else. I’m sure you’ll look great with whatever you decide! We are doing this today, too! Hoping everyone’s nose here stops running to get a decent picture! 🙂

23. Jenny @ Simcoe Street says:
  24. Lydia says:

I think you could go straight or loose on the pants and still win. But I’m wondering if the boots would make you look too wintery when you have short sleeves on every one else? I’m not sure where you get your jewelry, but I love the pieces and prices at The Brownstone Shoppes; they are right down the street from me. I love helping out small businesses, but I am sure Charming Charlie would be a great place, too.