Holiday Peppermint Bark

November 24, 2011 by 41 Comments

Are you pulling out Christmas decorations this weekend and decking the halls!?!?  Need something sweet to help get the family in the Christmas spirit!?!?  Try this simple and fast two ingredient Peppermint Bark recipe!  It will make you want to dance around the Christmas tree!  This one is my family’s FAVORITE!  The recipe is just as delicious as Martha Stewart’s Peppermint Bark, but a bit simpler.  You’ll love it, too!
Seriously, two ingredients!  White Chocolate Morsels and Peppermint Candies (Candy Canes would work, too).
I always like to have my three Sweet B’s help with this part!!!  The candies need to be unwrapped and placed in a strainer.
Pour the chocolates in a microwave safe bowl and heat at 70% for 1 minute, stir, then repeat heat for 10 second intervals until melted.  Be careful not to overheat the chocolate…it does burn and get dried out if heated for too long.
Place the strainer over a bowl and use the end of a rolling pin to pound the peppemints into small pieces and dust.  (We like crunchy pieces, so we use a larger strainer.  You can personalize it and choose the texture of your Peppermint Bark).
Add the peppermints to the smooth melted white chocoloate until mixed.
While the chocolate is still hot and spreadable, layer a thin coat of the mix over a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
Allow the mixture to cool for 1 hour, then break and ENJOY!

Holiday Peppermint Bark

—1 pound of candy

2 cups (12oz.) White Morsels
24 hard peppermint candies, unwrapped

Line baking sheet with wax paper.  Melt morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave safe bowl on medium high (70%) for 1 minute, stir.  Morsels may retain some of their shape.  If necessary, microwave an additional 10 to 15 second intervals, stirring until just melted.  Place peppermint candies in heavy duty plastic bag and crush using rolling pin.  Holding strainer over melted morsels, pour crushed candy into strainer.  Shake to release small candy pieces; reserve larger candy pieces.  Stir morsel-peppermint mixture.  Spread mixture on prepared baking sheet.  Sprinkle with reserved candy pieces; press lightly.  Let stand until firm, about 1 hour.  Break into pieces.  Store in airtight container at room temperature.

UPDATE: My friend Deanne at Five Brothers One Sister suggested also making the bark with milk chocolate or dark chocolate for an assortment of different simple treats so I wanted to share that with you, too!!!

Comments

41 Responses to “Holiday Peppermint Bark”
  1. Robin says:

Just wanted to give you an update. I made it this week and everyone loved it. I served it along a red velvet cake at a Christmas lunch and it was a big hit! Thanks so much!

Robin
    Robin Flies South

2. Looks like a wonderful recipe — the only time I tried to make Peppermint bark I burned it….not even worth tasting. Maybe I’ll try again.

3. Kristen says:

Yum! They make hershey kisses like this and I was wanting to make my own. This sounds better using the white chips rather than the white almond bark they sell….

4. Anonymous says:

I make it with the Wilton white candy drops that u can buy cheaply at Michael’s and Hobby Lobby and on sale this time of year. I use a capful of peppermint extract, one pkg of the candy drops, and about a dzn crushed starlight peppermint candies. People beg me for it every year and put it in coffee and cocoa. U can put it in the freezer for about 3 minutes or so and it hardens immediately. This year I will drizzle some milk chocolate over some batches for fun.

5. Aimee says:

AnonymousThat sounds GREAT! Thanks for sharing your tips!!! Ours runs out as soon as I make it so I may have to make another batch with a bit of peppermint extract this time! Yum!

XO, Aimee

6. Kristen says:

Made this tonight! My daughter and I can’t stop eating it lol

7. Alyssa says:

I never realized that bark was so easy to make. Thanks for sharing. I am pinning it and can’t wait to try it. =

8. sparkling74 says:

I made dark, milk and white chocolate bark last year and wrapped it up as gifts. I can’t remember who I gave these gifts to, but I remember doing it…. I was so excited about how easy they were to do. I had a really hard time with the milk chocolate though and don’t recommend doing it. It did not melt well at all. I do it in a double boiler rather than the microwave because you can keep track of what’s going on better than in the micro. Found you at the chic and crafty party!

9. mmm! I love peppermint bark. And this is such an yummy and easy treat to gift to neighbors! Thanks Aimee!

10. any easy candy recipe my kids love will be making this soon thanks for sharing. I’m visiting from craft dictator hop following you now I’m lorraine at http://lorrainesresources.blogspot.com

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. Chocolate Peanut Clusters says:

[...] Christmas, I shared a Two Ingredient Treat and it was pinned like crazy.  Yesterday, I shared my favorite Four Ingredient Cookie Recipe and [...]