Most Perfect Trunk EVER

November 20, 2011 by 40 Comments

A couple weeks ago I had a garage sale and sold some of my old ratty shoes (which was just about my entire shoe closet).  My boots had large scratches all over the toes so they were some of the first to go.  I’ve been meaning to replace them ever since, but this time of year is busy (don’t you think).  So, last Sunday I threw on my tall black heels for church.  About a block away from chuch I spotted a tree trunk on the curb waiting for bulk trash pickup!  As we flew passed it, I did my usual “beg for my photographer to turn around and pick up  my new little treasure.”   He is all so familiar with my spontaneous crazy ideas so he rolled his eyes, turned the car around and asked me what we were picking up this time!?!?

As we drove 10 houses back down the road and he spotted the tree trunk, he said, “NO way, that trunk is at least 200 pounds.  You are absolutely crazy if I thought we could pick it up!”  I smiled convincingly and as cars passed by on their way to church, my photographer and I bent over the perfect tree stump.  We lifted it off the ground, took three large steps and then CRASH!  I couldn’t see under the large trunk and missed the step down from the curb completely.  My heels lost their balance, then my knees and I bit it so hard you can’t even imagine.  Just call me Grace!  A large scratch was bleeding underneath my chin, bruises up and down my legs, and my wrist had a large gash and was bruised very badly.
I’m a determined little soul, but all my begging this time had no merit.  We drove away with the tree stump being left to a sad fate.  We’re heading to church in a bit.  Most of the scab on my chin has peeled away and my bruises are more yellowish rather then dark purple now.  Do you think there’s a chance the most perfect trunk ever is still there!?!?  Any chance the it will get to take a ride home in our trunk!?!?

Comments

40 Responses to “Most Perfect Trunk EVER”
  1. Jacky says:

I know how you feel, I’m always on the lookout for a ‘perfect trunk’. My husband said the same thing when we spotted one recently. “Are you crazy that weighs 150 lbs we can carry that!” So I had to leave my trunk behind also. I still think about it.
    Hope yours is still there. And you get to bring it home.

2. Aimee says:

Leslie, Great idea to shallow it out. Hmm, I be that’s the answer!!! Thanks LOTS!

Smucoed, Seriously!?! I wouldn’t have to beg the hubby if we were netting that kind of profit!!! Obviously they’re valuable!!!

3. catherine says:

Oh my gosh…i recently made off with 4 very similar pieces from my neighbors newly chopped tree. I looked like a kook! But i love them. My hubs messed one up trying to level it off for me to use as an end table. Love this idea. I have also seen them whitewashed. Sorry about your spill.
    Saw you on shabby nest.

4. Aimee says:

Catherine, I would have been clapping and cheering you the entire way!!! I’d love to see a pic of your results!!! Do you blog Catherine!?!? :) Thanks for your encouragement and well wishes!!!

5. Hoping you heal quickly! I saw a stump recently to, but it wouldn’t budge. I understand why you wanted it!

Thanks for sharing your story at Potpourri Friday!

6. Hoping you heal quickly! I saw a stump recently to, but it wouldn’t budge. I understand why you wanted it!

Thanks for sharing your story at Potpourri Friday!

7. Hoping you heal quickly! I saw a stump recently to, but it wouldn’t budge. I understand why you wanted it!

Thanks for sharing your story at Potpourri Friday!

8. Coley says:

That is so sad! Glad to hear you’re ok!

9. Katie says:

OMG! That is crazy. I’m sad that you got hurt and you weren’t able to get the tree trunk. I’m sure you will find one again…

10. Aimee says:

Celia Oh My goodness, {obsessed} you and me both!!! I’m doing great, just heartbroken over me loss {wink wink}. Give your coworker a hug for me what a sweetie!

aimee from itso