11/22/11

Kids Thanksgiving Crafts

Kids Thanksgiving Crafts are so easy and it totally raises the coolness factor of coloring to a perfect TEN!
Take a creamer carton (pour any extra in a storage container.  Wash, rinse and dry.  Grab some tape, straws, a hole punch and a paper sack (our sacks are always from Braums because they price compare every morning and beat Walmart’s price AND their milk is hormone free)!

Grab an exacto knife.  Sorry, scissors won’t really cut it (hahaha) for this craft.  Seriously though an exacto knife makes it so easy.  For a container that your kids will share do not remove too much of the carton.  For two individual Mayflower ships you could attempt cutting the carton into two equal parts.

Cover the carton with the paper sack.  I used two separate sheets.  One for the square portion and another for the pointed corner.  Use lots of tape and make creases until the cover is secure and resembles the Mayflower!
Hole punch four squares in another sheet from the paper sack.  I doubled mine for a thicker mast.  Be sure to measure the punches to be a little less than the width of the rear portion of the ship so that the straws are able to stand upright easily.  Pull the straws through the mast and secure each straw to the inside of the ship.
Seriously, these sweet little B’s spent at least an hour doodling in turkey theme!  And the roll of paper (from Ikea, but sold everywhere)  still has plenty center.  They’re planning on returning this afternoon to fill another long strip with their fancy artwork!!!

I added a some “wood planks” to make it a little more fun and Little B thinks I should go back and add the nails by using dots.  I may leave that idea for him!

Baby B
Little B
BIG B
 Serious Simple Fun!
Decorate with a felt leaf garland…
Becoming Martha
or Decorate with a pumpkin garland…
Be Thankful Utensil Holder
Thanksgiving Kids Table Crafts
The Idea Room
Clip a turkey on each fork at the kid’s table.
Thanksgiving Kids Table Crafts
Fiskars
Kid’s Table Place Settings
Thanksgiving Kids Table Crafts
Fiskars
Super fun centerpiece for kid’s table.
Thanksgiving Kids Table Crafts
Fun Oreo Kid’s Thanksgiving Turkey Dessert
Thanksgiving Kids Table Crafts
Our Best Bites
Adorable, right!  What is your family’s favorite Kids Thanksgiving Crafts!?!

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. Amy says:

LOVE the drumstick! Easy to use foam letters and craft stick. I think i already have everything!

2. These are so cute. I might have to try some of these out with my little girl this year.

3. Angela says:

These are great ideas! I think we will make the crayon holder boats! My 5 and 2 year old would love that craft!

4. Love the Mayflower and that in encourages the kids to be creative, too.

Thanks for sharing at the Better Late Than Never Thanksgiving inspirations party.

5. What fun kid craft ideas! Glad I came by from One Project at a Time.

6. This is so creative. I love all of these idea. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

7. Suzy @ Worthing Court says:

This is a great idea to keep the kiddos engaged and busy, Aimee. I think my granddaughters might actually play together for a while if they had something cute like this! Plus, I would have fun making it. 😉 Thank you for sharing this at the Better Late Than Never Thanksgiving bloghop.

8. Aimee says:

How fun Tricia!!! I hope you are having a GREAT Thanksgiving!!!

9. Tricia says:

We made this today for our “kids’ table” tomorrow. There was already a lot of coloring as a result today! Cute idea!

10. Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} says:

What an absolutely darling idea! I love getting ideas that the little people and I can do together! So glad you visited so I could find you!

11. Emily @ 52 Mantels says:

I love it! You’re such a fun momma :). I tried to tell you that yesterday but my computer was acting silly.

Have a happy Thanksgiving with your sweet Bs and the photographer man!

12. Kami @ Sweet Charli... says:

I’m so glad you shared your adorable blog with me! I love what you are doing with your home! Everything is looking so cute! I will be stopping by again! 🙂

13. Tiki says:

This looks like so much fun. I wish my babies were young again..but my grandson is a year old and soon enough we will be making these kinds of crafts again!! love it and thanks for the post!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family…God bless and be safe!!
    Tiki @ Ribbons,Lace, and Inspiration

14. Jodi says:

This looks like such a fun craft 🙂

15. Aimee says:

Thanks Maury!!! It’s fun when the kids have a blast coloring together and I can get a little around the house done!!! Baby B kept saying, “Is mine gooder then yours?” Poor baby is almost 5, but we don’t like correcting him because it’s so darn cute!

16. Maury says:

So adorable! What a fun little craft!