12/09/11

Potterybarn Christmas Tree

Christmas is officially in full swing at our house!  The Christmas lights are on, elf on the shelf is hanging on the oven, hot cocoa is in the mugs and the movie Elf is playing {good thing we have every line in the movie memorized because you can’t hear a word from the television over the laughter}!  I call it my Potterybarn Christmas Tree.
 Baby B’s Ornament
 Little B’s Ornament
 Big B’s Ornament
 Potterybarn Dragonfly {I love Potterybarn After Christmas Sales}

The lace was even less expensive then ribbon at Hobby Lobby and with a coupon, SO CHEAP.  I think it was all of $4.50 for 27feet of lace.  The best part was that the lace at a straight edge and a curved edge so it twisted up the tree effortlessly!

The boys are ready to put the train and track around the tree!  Perhaps this weekend!
 Little B is deep in thought.

I’ve had LOTS of different tree skirts and what can I say, I’m a purest.  I love a snowy white tree skirt the best.
 White Ornaments with Sparkles
 Silver Ornaments
 Mercury Ornaments
 Right now I’m thinking I’ll leave it up all year long, but by December 26th,  I bet I’ll change my mind.

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. amanda boykin says:

Beautiful Christmas tree!! You did a wonderful job, LOVE it!!

2. Natalie Meester says:

love the addition of lace to your tree! I also loved your post on the copy cat pottery barn ornament…i must do this!

hugs from iowa
    natalie

3. Maria says:

What a beautiful tree!!!! Love it! And Elf is one of my favorite movies too :o)

4. Space 46 says:

Anything Pottery Barn (ish) is awesome! Would love love love for you to share this at our party going on now http://space46.blogspot.com/2011/12/co-hosting-pinteresting-link-party-week.html. Happy holiday! My

5. FABBY'S LIVING says:

Your tree and ornies are so beautiful. Gorgeous! Merry Christmas and many blessings.
    FABBY

6. Your tree and ornaments are so beautiful! I would love to have you share this at my Christmas link party over at Rustic Crafts ~ http://rustic-crafts.com/?p=3698
    I hope to see you there!
    Renee

7. Aimee says:

Gwen @ The Bold AbodeLOL! Glad we’re bloggy friends!! XO!

8. ✿ⒹⒺⒺ✿@ A Lapin Life says:

Hi Aimee,

Your Christmas tree is beautiful! Your husband takes wonderful pictures.

Dee

9. Tara says:

I love all your unique ornaments, that is my favorite way to decorate a tree as well! The colors are very beautiful, nice work.

10. Anne says:

I love the lace garland and all the mercury glass ornaments! Beautiful.

11. Latoya @ The Scott's Crib says:

Thanks so much for sharing, your tree is gorgeous!

12. thistlewoodfarm says:

Your Christmas tree is fabulous! The acorn ornament with the silver is my favorite!

13. Denyse@Crazy Beautiful Life says:

Aimee…Your tree looks awesome…Love it!!! I’m way behind this year…I’m usually in decorating mode Thanksgiving weekend but this year I just can’t get motivated…I still have everything boxed up in the garage…I really need to get moving!!!

14. abeachcottage says:

You have such a beautiful tree and the pics are gorgeous too!

15. Jennifer @ Town and Country Living says:

I really like the silver ornaments. Love the picture of your kids gazing at the tree!

16. Emily @ 52 Mantels says:

I’m in super love with your tree!! I love your style!

Thanks for linking up all of your fantastically amazing projects! I can’t wait to link up all ‘scapes on Tuesday!!

17. Aimee says:

Sharon @ mrshinesclassThanks Sharon!!! I’m so glad you left me a sweet note ~ made my day!!! I hope you have a great weekend and a Merry Christmas in two weeks! It’s coming quickly now!!!

XO, Aimee

18. Ruth says:

I’m your newest follower.

Ruth

19. Ruth says:

Your tree looks gorgeous. I love the ribbon. Your ornaments are so lovely, too. Excellent job!!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

Ruth

20. Aimee says:

Judi, They’re usually $2ish dollars each. By the time I’d get supplies to craft them {and perhaps have 1-2 that didn’t turn out great}, I feel like it’s a pretty good price. I love how PB always offers ornaments that have texture and dimension so the tree glitters and glows great! XO!!!

21. Shelley says:

Absolutely gorgeous tree and ornaments! Thanks for sharing!

22. Aimee says:

Honey, Sandy and Ann,
    Thanks so much for your sweet notes I am so glad you stopped by! Your comments made my night!!! XO!

Deb, Thanks for stopping by, too! I’m impressed by how little you’ve spent in 28 years on your tree. I don’t think I can compete with your talented thriftiness! Show me pics so I can check it out, okay!! I’m glad you left me a sweet note!

23. Shabby chic Sandy says:

So So beautiful! I love your tree and your pictures are awesome (of course:))

24. Honey at 2805 says:

Your tree is beautiful and the ornaments are gorgeous!

Thank you for linking to the Christmas Party at Potpourri Friday!
    Hope you will take a look at Hometalk who is so generously sponsoring the $100 Pottery Barn Gift Card.

25. Honey at 2805 says:

Your tree is beautiful and the ornaments are gorgeous!

Thank you for linking to the Christmas Party at Potpourri Friday!

26. Anonymous says:

I’m sorry …I was anonymous on 12-9, but only because I couldn’t get my comment to post.
    I’m Deb

27. Anonymous says:

A wonderful tree for $150. I doubt in 28 yrs. of marriage we have spent that much, we shop 2nd hand for almost all of the things. The best ones are ornaments made by dear family members who are no longer with us. we wouldn’t dream of not using those or things the kids made in school, scouts, or otherwise. It helps us think of those gone. We feel no need to ‘update’ our tree, but of course that wouldn’t be very frugal anyway so we wouldn’t want to. I hope your family has a wonderful holiday season and safe travels for all.