Recycling Old Fence Boards

December 6, 2011 by 17 Comments

Along with just about everything else in this original 1950s rancher, the fence had definitely seen better days!  We replaced along the side yard, but since our next door neighbor has a rather feisty dog that wants to come play with our dog, we’re not quite ready to fully replace the back portion of the fence.  So every once in awhile we head out back and replace the boards the neighbor’s dog has damaged {I would be annoyed, but truly the boards are old and brittle, it’s not too surprising they crack}.  And when they do…
…there’s always something you can do with the old ones, right!

Stud {that’s so much shorter then photographer hahaha} wiggled out the nails, cut two boards to hold them together perpendicuarly, and then used his air gun to attach each fence board to the support wood.  SIMPLE!

Here it is!  Now if I didn’t have 3 million posts that I want to share with you, I’d wait a day to show you where I put it.  However, I’m more worried about not having enough days left for all my Christmas post ideas then I am about having enough days left to get all my Christmas gifts!  LOL.

He nailed a hammer in the top center soI could hang my wreath that has been through way too many Christmases and yet I welcomed it back again!

Do you LOVE it!?!?  I’m so glad we painted our fireplace white, everything POPS!  If you haven’t seen the before pics, check it out here.  I’m married to the best Stud EVER!  Seriously it took all of ten minutes {if that}.

Here’s the link for my Modern Country Christmas Mantle Details!

Comments

17 Responses to “Recycling Old Fence Boards”
  1. Kristen says:

This is such a neat idea. I have a bunch of pallets leftover from building our house. I bet I could use them to do something similar. Thanks for the idea!

2. Jen says:

Girl, you amaze me! Does your creativity ever stop “overflowing”??? LOVE this, like, SO MUCH! Just a friendly reminder that the Showdown is up and running…so…come and link up! ~Jen

3. Ellie says:

That’s just awesome! I love it! I’ve noticed a pattern, Aimee, that when I visit link parties and click on the pictures/titles that I’m interested in, your blog always comes up! Go you!

4. Laurel says:

Love it :) It looks perfect on your mantle! Laurel@chippingwithcharm

5. Shiloh says:

I love the way you used that fence to be the background for your wreath. It didn’t really make sense to me until I saw the wreath, but when I saw it, it was perfect.:)

6. Rosemary@villabarnes says:

What a cute repurposing project. Love the rustic look.

7. Lori says:

I’m so excited to see your idea…We had a wind storm last month and it blew our fence down! How lucky can ya get? So happy I found you…I’m a new follower too. Lori