Snow Globes {Anthropologie Knockoff}

December 27, 2011 by 73 Comments

I was at my FAVORITE store and my heart skipped a beat!
Anthropologie
I tend to prefer simple crafts that make a big impact so this was totally meant for me!!!  I grabbed some Mason Jars (they are 50% off at Hobby Lobby this week, just saying).  A couple white napkins from my kitchen and my glue gun. (Powder Artificial Snow, Epson salt or polyfill would work great, too).
With the “snow” set, I hot glued a couple dollhouse Christmas trees (they’re sold in both the dollhouse area and the Christmas area, but since Christmas is marked down right now, go for the ones in the Christmas section).
I didn’t want all three to be completely the same, so I took a garland that I had laying around and cut off one portion, cut a slit in one of the napkins and glued that faux tree into the napkin and held for 10 seconds until it was secure.  I had a couple of bitty pine cones laying around so I placed that in one of the globes also.
Truly, it’s more about the effect than the details.  And it’s totally Anthropologie so you can’t go wrong!!!
Different tree sizes and styles.  I really wanted a porcelain tree, too.  Still looking for that!!!

I took the trees out in their lids and gave them a spray of artificial snow.  It’s a little messy so I threw on my jacket and sprayed them outside.

With the snow still wet, I sprinkled a bit of sugar (you can use artificial snow, just whatever you have on hand).  I love a little shimmer, shine and sparkle!  When you put the lid back on just leave the lid with trees on the kitchen counter and cover with the jar.  Then screw the jar into place by pressing firmly down on the jar while it is on a hard surface.

For now these are in front of the Christmas tree, but I’m thinking mantle before long.  We have the Christmas music going and are munching on my Simple and Tasty {Two Ingredient} Peppermint Bark as we deck the halls!

The look and price make me SMILE!
 Two-ish Dollars a piece beats Twenty-Five-ish Dollars a piece, right!!!
And isn’t this SUPER CUTE!
Bliss Bloom Blog

Comments

73 Responses to “Snow Globes {Anthropologie Knockoff}”
  1. Nice! Like this project, and it doesn’t look difficult, just sweet!

2. So pretty.. and easy too!:) Cant believe they can charge that much! (Cant believe people would pay that much either)

3. Caitlin says:

These are awesome! I want to make some now, too.

4. Kristen says:

These are adorable! I must try this and will be pinning it :) Glad to find you on the tt&j linky party :)

5. Simone says:

I promised myself I would make them this year too. They might be simple but they are just so beautifully stylish. Love them!

6. Jodi says:

such a great idea! :) too cute.

7. cmoh says:

What a Great Idea, I love Anthropologie and your “knockoff” is worthy of being in the store!

I think I might try this using some mini fish bowls. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Caro

8. Cute and so simple! Thanks for following my blog! I will be visiting again soon! Have a great weekend!

9. These are so so cute! Just found your blog today! So excited to see your mix of scripture and DIY…ah especially anything anthro!!

10. These are adorable! So cute and easy to make!

Thank you for sharing your idea at Potpourri Friday!

11. These are adorable! So cute and easy to make!

Thank you for sharing your idea at Potpourri Friday!

12. These are adorable! So cute and easy to make!

Thank you for sharing your idea at Potpourri Friday!

13. Jen says:

Thanks for linking up! Your snow globes are fantastic, love ‘em! ~Jen

14. Mimi says:

Oh my goodness! I am so making these. I have a box of these jars just waiting for some action! Thank you thank you for sharing :)

15. LDH says:

Love how these snow globes turned out! Great how-to showing the process. Fun stopping by to visit with you!

Kindly, Lorraine

16. Rosemary@villabarnes says:

Really cute. Love your version.

17. Shabby chic Sandy says:

Love them!

18. deborah@confessions of a craigslist junkie says:

They turned out great!

19. These were totally on my to-do list this year. They really are sweet and simple!

20. So perfect!
    I’d love it if you could share this over on my Simply Christmas Inspiration Party at http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/11/inspiration-friday.html

21. I love them too! Another party request! My readers would love to meet you. Meet Me Monday starts at 8pm! I would love to see you there! Love, Me http://www.youaretalkingtoomuch.com

22. Miss Kitty says:

Thank you so much for sharing with us how to make these adorable snow globes. I think I will do a snowflake/snow fall theme this year for Christmas so these would be just perfect. I saw your post over at “Tater Tots and Jello”.

23. I really do like these. They are so simplistically beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing, I do have a few trees left over, and I have plenty of mason jars I didn’t use during canning season. I would never have thought that a white napkin could look so much like snow. Thanks for sharing over at Sunday’s Best. I always like seeing what you have been up to.

24. Audrey says:

How sweet are these? Too cute and soo simple! New follower.
    Audrey at eleganteconomies.blogspot.com

25. Patti says:

I was just in Anthro today and could not believe the price of these…so glad you made your own, because I knew they couldn’t be that difficult to copy!! Well done

26. Very cute idea, I especially like that you have three of them. It really makes a nice centerpiece.
    Thanks for sharing…Kathi

27. Kathryn says:

I saw these in a magazine recently and have been thinking about trying to replicate them! Yours look AMAZING!! I can’t wait to try this. :)

28. Aimee says:

Thanks for your sweet note Katheryn! I think there much be a ton of different ways you could do this and get the same result. They make me smile!! I love the vintagish look!!!

29. Michelle says:

Those are too cute! Great job!

30. Aimee says:

Thanks Michelle!!!

31. These are really simple and very cute! Great job. I hope you’ll visit The Corson Cottage and share them at our {Home for the Holidays} link party every Friday in December:) Carrie

32. Sherry says:

You did a wonderful job, I like them.

33. ShantyGirl says:

Very cute, I think I will add a couple of these to my decor!! Thanks for sharing I had admired them in Anthro as well. I am a new follower
    Sherry

34. super cute! i love that those are wintertime, not just something that screams christmas. since we are a household that celebrates both xmas and chanukah, i love stuff that does double nondenominational duty!

35. Just like the other project, adorable! Thank you for taking the time to post! I added your button to my blog. :)

36. SO CUTE! I love clever thrifty ideas like this! Thanks for sharing!

37. LOVE IT! Pinned this! I can’t wait to make my own!! Thanks so much for sharing!

38. OH Wow! I love these. Cute project.

Dee

39. trumatter says:

Beautiful. Such a clever knock off. Yes, this is a must try. Absolutely.

40. June Scott says:

These came out great, Aimee! What a fun idea!

41. Kristen says:

Just wanted you to know I made these today!!! Love :) I’m going to post it on my blog and link back to you tomorrow. I got two trees for $1 at the Dollar Tree. Now I just need to go back and get more…

42. Debbie says:

Beautiful! I also like simple projects that give a big impact.

43. These are beautiful! A must-try!

44. Lydia says:

I am going to try a moderation of this with my hurricane stands!

45. Artsy VaVa says:

Love, love, love this! Pinning it to my Christmas board!

46. these are really, really adorable. You are clever and I love those little trees in the mason jars.

47. I pinned this… such a great project!

Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking…

48. Aimee says:

Meredith from A Mother Seeking
    Thanks for pinning this Meredith!!! I love that!!! I’m on my way for a visit and I can’t wait!

Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

49. Love these! I’ll definitely be pinning and trying this year. Great tutorial!

I’d love to invite you to share this project at my Thingamajig Thursday party going on now.

Alida
    radcrafter.com

50. Lolly Jane says:

Crap! I was going to make these for an upcoming guest post inspired from PB! lol I may still but I’ll be sure to mention yours, too, Aimee! They are absolutely LOVELY!!!

xoxo

51. Ruth says:

These are so cute. I love them!! I want to give them a try. I have so many jars saved for good projects.
    Ruth

52. lauren says:

These are AMAZING!!! I’m loving them :) Would so love for you to link them up to my SPEND LESS. GIVE MORE. Holiday Gift link party — they’d make such a sweet gift!

blessings!
    lauren @ http://www.SummitStreetJoy.com

53. Girl! You are the hit of every party! Great job on the project and perfect staging of the photo! You are featured tonight at the “Meet Me Monday” linky party! I will put it up at 8pm. I would love to see you there again! I have loved seeing this project all over the blog world! Good job! Love, Me

54. LOVE them :) I need to make some of these for sure!

55. How did I miss this? I just saw it featured at The Gunny Sack. Your snowglobes are adorable! I think I might just have to add it to my project list. Thanks for sharing Aimee!

56. You are just too awesome! Thanks for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday.

57. Jenny D says:

These are adorable. I love simple things too. Anyway, being a thrift-store shopper, I have many little trees I’ve picked up (love to decorate w/mini themed Christmas trees all over the house) and they’ll be perfect. I think I actually have everything on hand and won’t even need to leave the house. (Very important since it is really cold out today). Love your stuff!!! :)

58. Beautifully made! Thanks for sharing!

59. Mid-Atlantic Martha says:

Thanks for sharing the details of this pretty project.

60. Mimi says:

These are absolutely fabulous!

61. They do look adorable – I’ve got these linked to my snow globes post too today, well done!

62. Hey Aimee! I hope it’s okay. I’m featuring these at our {Home for the Holidays} party this week. Merry Christmas! ~ Carrie

63. I adore these! I’m thinking I may have to turn some of my mason jar stash into snow globes! Thanks for the tute!
    xo,
    Shannon

64. Melanie says:

So sweet! I am adding these to our family advent calendar activities for this year. Thanks for sharing!

65. I like these mason jar snowy trees, Aimee–very pretty!

66. Tanya says:

Soooo making these! I have the supplies, yahoo!! Thank you so much for sharing :)

xoxo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] DIY Snow Globe I made some of these last week, and they’re about as adorable as they can be. It was super fun to find all the different jars to make into winter wonderlands. I did a salt shaker and a sugar bowl too! Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this. [...]

2. Another Treat for Christmas « Living the 1950s says:

[...] Jen? I just found this and this. Click on the word “this” to go to what I found and want to try [...]