Fabulous Crafty Potential {Repurposed Wood}

January 28, 2012 by 25 Comments

I couldn’t wait to show you this!  One of my neighbors had finished using this white washed shabby chic planter box with industrial wheels!  As we drove by it was sitting on their curb…they were outside!  Yep, I did it!  It just so happened that we passed by and had to turn around and when we turned around, the house was on Stud’s side!  So, Stud got the un-fortunate opportunity to roll his window down and ask if they were really parting ways with this beautiful crafty potential!?!   Actually his words were, “Do you not want this anymore?!?”  The next couple of blocks down the road Stud got to hear me squeal and dream of all it’s possibilities!  My sweet B’s even had some ideas!!!  Granted it’s a 4 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot box, I’m doubting it will be an end table, art work, headboard….but dreaming about it is oh so much FUN!!!

Click here for a link to some of reclaimed wood ideas I’m dreaming of….

Comments

25 Responses to “Fabulous Crafty Potential {Repurposed Wood}”
  1. Ooooh! Know what I’d do!? So fun! What if you put a top on it…like an old door or planks and reinforced it. Then take out the backside (the damaged side) and put a shelf in and baskets? If you had a large enough space to use it…it could be like a craft island! Wow! You are soooo lucky! xo

2. Jen says:

OH man, I’m so jealous right now! What a fantastic find! I can’t wait to see what you do with it, it will undoubtedly be gorgeous! ~Jen

3. Jen says:

Why do I never come across gems like that!!! Its awesome!! Cant wait to see what you do with it!

4. How fun is this, you lucky duck!!

5. Shabby chic Sandy says:

That is an awesome find!

6. Heidi @ Decor & More says:

Lots of great potential!! Yay Stud for taking one for the team. :)

7. Heidi @ Decor & More says:

Lots of great potential!! Yay Stud for taking one for the team. :)

8. Revi says:

Hi Aimee – I love it that you see beauty in someone else’s cast off! I see great potential, and can’t wait to see what you do with it! I was stopping by to follow, and found out I am already a follower. :) Thanks for following revisionary life!
    -Revi

9. Mid-Atlantic Martha says:

How fun to think of the possibilities~ Can’t wait to see its next life.

10. I would have had the same experience I am sure..I love it and can totally see it unlimited potential. I blog over at http://www.budgetfriendlydecorating.com, I would love for you to come by and check out my site as well!

11. Awesome! What a great find. I can’t wait to see what you do with it! I am sure it will be great!

12. Ohhh, the anticipation is killing me!! What a teaser, Aimee! :)

13. Maury Kilgo says:

SCORE!!! It already has so much charm but I know that you are going to kick it up a notch and make it amazing.

14. How cool is that! Can’t wait to see what you do with it.

Sharon
    mrshinesclass.wordpress.com

15. My eyes are always busy when my husband is driving… searching for fabulous finds ;) lol LOVE your curbside find and I can’t wait to see what you do with it!

16. chateau chic says:

Good for you. I would have turned around as well with hubby wondering what in the world I was doing. Can’t wait to see what you’re going to do with that wonderful architectural salvage.
    Mary Alice

17. What a great find, one that I would of have to fight you over if we both seen it at the same time. I would sit on it for awhile until I came up with the perfect fit for your home. Can’t wait to see what you do with it. Thanks for sharing all your creative inspiration at Sunday’s Best Party!

18. hong kong property says:

really a great find. i can even sense a potential with it

19. Aimee! It’s awesome! Just my style…so you know, March birthday and all – in case you tire of it. ;) haha! I can’t wait to see where it’s going/what you’re doing with it!

20. Amy Kinser says:

What an awesome box! Love everything about it.

So nice visiting with you tonight.

21. Courtney ~ French Country Cottage says:

Love it~ what a great find!! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

22. LOL! I SO would have stopped to get that too. The fact that it has wheels is just the icing on the cake.

23. Hi Aimee, You kindly visited me a while back at Adirondack Girl @ Heart and saw some of my garage sale finds. I had a magnificent dumpster experience 15 years ago, so my eyes are always peeled for roadside and dumpster finds. In some respects, I view life as one big treasure hunt:)