01/06/12

Flower Vase {Anthropologie Inspired}

Once January hits I get in the mood for simplicity and tranquility {not that I’m saying that’s where my house is YET EVER!}  I just need a little bright and cheery this time of year when its dark and drab outside!  I was walking through one of my favorite stores, you know, Anthropologie!!  And check out what I found…LOVE IT?!!  Yeah, me too!  Now I have a couple ideas on how to make this, but for today, I’m going to show the brainless  quick way to recreate it!  I’ll share my other idea in the next day or two!

I found this vase when I was at TJMaxx looking for Christmas gifts for the kids and Lon.  Yes, I know, unlikely I’d find anything there for anyone but ‘yours truly’, but it sounded like a great excuse as I gave each of the fam a hug and kiss then headed out for a little shopping therapy!  The vase was $4.99 and at almost a foot tall, it was welcomed into my home without a second of regret!  When I saw the Abercrombie vase, I remembered having this vase on hand and the rest is history!

Garden Ridge came through for me on the flower!  $4.99, but compared to the price of the alternative, I was fine adding that to the $4.99 vase price and coming up with a piece I loved for just under $10.00!  Yes, YELLOW!  I’m still LOVING this color, despite it not being one for the “cool” colors for Spring 2012!  That’s okay, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right!!!  I have a post ready all about that, but just to get the ball rolling, what colors are you incorporating this Spring!??!  Are you following the trends!?!?  Or going out on your own!?!?  What I like to call sticking with a forever classy color!?!

I grabbed my hot glue gun, which I still have a love/hate relationship with, more love at this moment because it didn’t hurt me this time!  Dirty, little thing, right!

Cut off the stem as best I could, then figured out where I wanted to position the flower.  I went with lowish.

I put glue on the top petals first and then pressed against those for a good minute, then I put a dab on the left, held another minute, then a dab on the right, yes, another minute, and then FINISHED!  {In the picture below, on the right you can see a dab of glue.}
Looks a little crooked in this pic, but it’s just the angle…going to double check…yep, all is good!  But even if it wasn’t, Hot Glue is AWESOME because it’s simple to pick it off and it doesn’t leave a residue.  It’s easiest removed when the glue has cooled.
Above you can see a little of my printable from eighteen25.  And below, a close up shot of my flower that has almost an egg carton texture.  Love it.

It’s resting on the mantle for now, but we’ll see!!?  I have some ideas I’m still pondering!  Including a replica a little closer that may involved just a teeny bit more work, but the results will be so fun I can hardly stand it!!!    Until then, HAPPY CRAFTING!  And don’t forget to tell me what colors you’re planning on incorporating this Spring, okay!!!

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. This is gorgeous Aimee!!! Thanks for joining in on the party.
    XO
    Kristin

2. too cute…too easy….I love it and will be trying it today…thanks! great job.

3. Kim says:

I am like you, I am so into yellow, I think it just makes me feel refreshed. I am not as into keeping with the colors of the season as far as my home goes, I do what makes me happy and yellow is it right now. Last year it was orange. I am different though when it comes to clothing I do like more of whats in right now when it comes to what I wear.

4. Debbie @PinkTexasChick says:

What a great idea! If you don’t mind, I will totally be copying you. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

5. Shay says:

So cute! I will have to keep my eye out for a vase. New Follower! You can visit me at http://raisingdieter.blogspot.com/

Shay

6. This is very cute! I’d have never thought to embellish a vase with a flower like that.

7. Heather says:

Hi Aimee! I saw your post on I Heart Naptime linky party and had to stop by for a better look and say hello! I love what you did with a simple white vase, you are very ingenious! Love your blog, so glad I found you , I am your newest follower. I read that your husband used to be a pharmaceutical rep. I used to work in the pharmaceutical industry, as well, at Pfizer! Please visit my blog and say hello – I love to make new bloggy friends. Follow me back if you would like to keep in touch 🙂 Have a great weekend! Heather @ settingforfour.blogspot.com

8. Jessica Bruno says:

This is beautiful and such a great idea. Love the anthro stuff but not their prices. Great job 🙂 Visiting from TT&J

9. so pretty! I am in love with this colour combination right now.

10. PicturePerfectPixies says:

I have to agree with everyone else. Yours is better. I love it!

11. Our Pinteresting Family says:

Beautiful job!! I want one. 🙂 Megan

12. Jennifer says:

I love how pretty and simple this is! Def like yours better than the Anthro one! I”m featuring this today. I hope you’ll come by for a look!
    Jen
    Scissors & SPatulas

13. Emily B says:

That is so pretty! I want one too!

~em at small girl, big world

14. Jennifer says:

Brilliant. Simple. Gorgeous.

15. Jill ~ Jillify It says:

I love this…so simple & pretty!! I need to make one for my house! I would love for you to link up at my party going on now at Jillify It!

Enter to win a Hobby Lobby gift card while you’re there!

Jill

16. Sarah says:

I love it! I am definitely going to do something like this for my daughter’s room. And I am a sucker for anything yellow 🙂 I would love for you to share this at my link party!

17. Emily (New York, NY) says:

How pretty! Glad you were able to create something you LOVE (for less!) What a great inspiration!

18. Lindsay says:

Hey girl, just wanted to let you know that YOU had the most views of my link party! great job!

19. Renewed Upon a Dream says:

This looks so pretty! Nice thinking!

20. Neat transformation. As a florist selling tons of vintage vases, I really should consider altering some of them.

21. that is really pretty cute! love the look and how it all quickly came together.

22. Patti says:

Yours is cuter – we all need a touch of spring!

23. I love this idea..I like yours better than the one from Anthropology!
    Sarah

24. Emily @ 52 Mantels says:

Thanks for linking up all of your gorgeous stuff!! I love this vase and I’ve pinned it (I may have already pinned..if so, it’s double pinned!) and fb’d this post. Thanks SO much for your support!

25. Denyse@Crazy Beautiful Life says:

Great idea!!!! I have some plain vases that could use a little something…Thanks for sharing at my linky party!!

26. Janel@hatingmartha says:

Yellow flower, hot glue gun, and vase equal…fabulousness! Great job!
    P.S. spell check is telling me I didn’t spell fabulousness right..see, there it did it again. Oh well. You know what I mean!

27. Jen says:

So glad you stopped by Harrison Home, I will definatley be linking to your party! Thanks!! I’m glad I came back to leave another comment because I didn’t know my sign up to follow you didn’t go through and I would definatley have been missing out!!

See you Wednesday!

28. Jen says:

Love it! So cute, thanks for sharing!

29. someonesgottapay says:

Love Anthropologie. This turned out really cute!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog & leaving a sweet comment. Be sure to check back in the next month or so; hopefully I’ll be giving away one of those pretty scarves.

30. Jen says:

Love it! The yellow is perfect for your pretty flower vase. I do hope you’ll come share it at the Head to Head Showdown! ~Jen

31. Tonia @ TheGunnySack.com says:

Super cute! I like yours more than the original!

32. Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com says:

You all are so incredibly sweet! Seriously, I’m pretty sure I have the bestest bloggy friends EVER!!!

RGabby8, Thanks so much sweet friend for loving it, I’ll add a link to that printable right now!!! I totally thought I had done that! It’s from Eighteen25. Here’s the url if you want to copy paste it.

XO, Aimee

33. Lindsay says:

Oh my goodness, this is the cutest! I LOVE your version of it! Super cute & so happy!

34. I love yours, I like yellow, nothing in my house would go with it though:( But I can live through you:)

35. Nat and Holly says:

Aimee, I love this vase! I thought yours was in the inspiration 🙂 It is seriously beautiful! I’m not sure what all the trend colors are for this spring, but I’m going to try to incorporate some blue (other than turquoise/teal, which is always what I’m drawn to!!) I’ve been loving fabric I’ve seen in white and royal blue… I think the pantone color for Spring is called “Sodalite Blue”. I also still love Citron and want to include that in my Master Bedroom makeover. You are such a sweetheart, thanks for all the cute comments you left us over the holidays. Love, Holly

36. Tonya says:

So cute! Definitely bright & cheery! And much cuter than the Anthro one too!

37. Rosemary@villabarnes says:

I like your color palette better. Nice job.

38. Miriam says:

Oh Aimee, I am in LOVE with that vase! I thought yours WAS the inspiration vase, I like it so much more than the other one. Well Done!!

39. Bama Girl says:

I very seldom follow the trends because when I do, I seem to get tired of them a lot quicker than if I follow my own desire. Your vase is gorgeous! I’m a forever fan of yellow! Blessings from Bama!

40. Ruth says:

It is so cute. I love the yellow rose on that vase. A serene January is certainly in order. Hope you have a great one!
    Ruth