01/19/12

Simple Valentine’s Day Art

Simple Valentine’s Day Art
Simple Valentine's Day Art

Little B had some friends over the other day and I’ve found that nine
year old girls are happiest when they’re crafting!  The more scraps on
the ground in their room, the happier they are!!!  I, of course want to
encourage those creative juices, so I picked up a few sheets of FUN
scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby {I always love it when their paper is
50% off, it is this week if you’re needing to stock up!}

Simple Valentine's Day Art

I also grabbed a heart paper punch while I was there.  I’ve wanted to buy this for so long, but always forget when I am in there because there is just so many pretty things to get distracted by!  Not this time, it was on the list and with my 40% coupon it was about $5.  {If you don’t have one yet, I think they may be addicting, I can’t leave Hobby Lobby next time without grabbing a few more!  They’re AWESOME!}

Simple Valentine's Day Art

I also picked up a package of 11×14 poster board paper.  I cut a sheet down to 5×7 for little B and her girlfriends that were TOTALLY in the crafting mood!!!

Simple Valentine's Day Art

They quickly went to work punching hearts…they had so much fun punching hearts, we have enough for several other projects…What Projects?!?  I’ll have to be thinking!!!

Simple Valentine's Day Art

I had the girls use a gluestick to attach two hearts with different patterns back-to-back.  And then they creased each of these hearts along the middle to allow for a 3-D picture.

Simple Valentine's Day Art

Along the crease, the girls used Aleene’s Tacky Glue {you know that glue in a copper-brown colored bottle}.  A thin line of glue and then they pressed the creased line of their hearts and used a bit of pressure for a brief few seconds.  The heart stayed just where they wanted!

Simple Valentine's Day Art

The girls lined up six columns and four rows of heart, using a variety of colors to make their little art projects SUPER fancy!

Simple Valentine's Day Art
Simple Valentine's Day Art
I punched a hole on either side at the top and then threaded some tulle through the holes and timed a bow at the top!
Simple Valentine's Day Art
I grabbed an extra frame from my closet of unending frames and placed an almost unused sheet of paper in the frame.  I used a dot of glue to attach the tulle bow to the frame and Little B’s precious artwork became our first Valentine’s artwork of 2012!  This would be SUPER cute in a shadowbox or as a card for a teacher or friend, too!!!  It’s always amazing to me how the simple things are sometimes the most beautiful!  I think Little B and her girlfriends did an AMAZING job on their artwork!  I LOVE Valentine’s Day and am so excited to add lots more pretties throughout the house!!!  Have you started bringing out the red, pink and hearts yet!?!  Do you normally celebrate Valentine’s Day as a family or out on a date!?!?
Simple Valentine's Day Art

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. Cute! Thanks for sharing!

2. candie says:

LOVE all the different patterns! 🙂 You should enter your photos from this project into Craftbaby’s Hearts Craft Challenge 🙂 http://www.craftbaby.com/contests/43/those-tiny-toes-hearts-craft

xo,
    Candie

3. I have to go get a heart punch! This is absolutely adorable!

4. How fun!

5. What a simple and creative idea…but does it count as child labor?

6. I agree with you, I visited my little 8 year old grand’s classroom to make a Valentine craft for moms and dads and the kids were all awesome! Love this and so adaptable to other holidays!

7. Love this! We wil be it featuring tomorrow!

8. Such a cute project, I’ll be making something like this for Valentine’s this year for sure =)

9. This is really beautiful and sweet too Aimee!!

xoxo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

10. You made me wish for 2 things:

1. that my daughter lived near me and we could craft together

2. that there was a Hobby Lobby near me

Really cute idea!

11. Michelle@yagottahaveahobby says:

So simple and sweet. Love it.

12. Very fun craft! My daughter would love this one!

13. Lisa says:

Very creative Aimee! Love the Mr. and Mrs. above your bed too! =) Happy Valentine’s Day to you and your family! Lisa

14. This is great! I am always looking for fun crafts to do with my granddaughter. I think this would be perfect! Thanks for the cute idea!

15. Beautiful art. Good luck at Bacon Time.

16. How cute, it would also be fun to sew on the hearts.

17. Super cute, and I love the music notes in there. I know people everywhere are decorating with sheet music, and I just haven’t done it yet. I must!! 🙂

18. So cute! You are so creative. I bet they had a blast!

19. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday – you were featured today! TWICE! – – Mandy, http://www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

20. Anonymous says:

Those are just too cute!!!! I think I might do this during my volunteer time in my daughter’s pre-k classroom!!!! What an awesome little gift to take home to mom/dad on Valentine’s day!
    Thanks so much for sharing all your great ideas!
    Lee-Ann Patterson

21. This is so cute.. And really seems simple to do!! Thanks for sharing!

22. That’s so cute! Can I come over tomorrow and craft with the girls? I live in a house full of boys! Uh!

23. Very cute!!

24. Thanks for the pin! You made my heart skip a beat!!! I’m so glad you stopped by to say hi Natasha!!! Hope your weekend has been GREAT so far!!! XO, Aimee

25. Oh how adorable, Aimee! I do hope you’ll pop on by and link up, be a dear, won’t you?! Thanks a mil! ~Jen

26. Titus 2 Work in Progress says:

Cute idea. Pinning this one 🙂

27. I love your heart art. Besides my weekly Anything goes Fri-Monday linky, I am hosting a Valentine contest with some great prizes. I hope you will link up for a chance to win.

28. So cute! The heart art and your daughter! My Daisey would love this craft, maybe I’ll have to make one with her. If I do I’ll let you know and link back for sure. Thanks!

29. I love it!!! Thanks for sharing! I’ll need to get one of those heart punchers ASAP. I love my circle punchers 🙂

30. Heidi @ Decor & More says:

Love this project, Aimee! Miss having a 9 yr old girl to craft with… enjoy. 🙂
    xo Heidi

31. Heidi @ Decor & More says:

Love this project, Aimee! Miss having a 9 yr old girl to craft with… enjoy. 🙂
    xo Heidi

32. How Pretty! It looks great even without the frame!

33. I know, right!!! They totally beam with excitement when they’re creating!!! Thanks for your SWEET note Lisa!!! XO, Aimee

34. And it happens so fast Amanda!!! Enjoy EVERY second sweet friend!!! XO, Aimee

35. Oh such a sweet project

36. Too cute! My 15 year old son won’t go for it though… I need to borrow a girl 😉

37. How fun!! I would have loved to have been there too!!

38. Hi Aimee,

Love this adorable project!!!

xo,
    Dee

39. That is so sweet! Love this idea! And how you displayed it is super cute!

40. So precious and beautiful! Love, love, love it!

Trackbacks

1. We’re Sweet on You! | Two Everyday Divas says:

[…] It’s Overflowing created this Simple Valentine’s Day Art that honestly I could see in my little girl’s room all year-long! […]