Embracing Spring

March 27, 2012 by 17 Comments

Spring has officially arrived!  I’ve spent the last two weeks traveling the country and seeing homes in lots of different states.  Some homes had amazing curb appeal and some had been left uncared for.  Regardless of the size of house or impressiveness of the neighborhood, all the houses that I loved and that seemed welcoming have incorporated flowers.  Flowers on the porch are such a simple and easy touch to add and are so inviting.

{Andy Kazie}
The eye naturally focuses on the door as you drive by homes.  My basic fill in wreath needs to come down, I’m ready for a new Spring wreath.  One of the first things I’m going to make when I get home is this split pea wreath.  I love the look and the color and the simplicity.  I think it’s absolutely perfect!
{Dollar Store Crafts}
I love tulips!  Did you see my tulip tablescape?!?!  White tulips are so beautiful and I love that tulips have a long lifespan and aren’t messy at the end of their bloom.  This arrangement is absolutely exquisite!  I am going to fill my tin with tulips and make our back door look pretty, too.
{Etsy}

Right about now, I’m wising that my front porch was a lot larger.  I love the look of these feed store  pots being stacked and used for flower arrangements.  Amazing, right!  I think I’ll have to scale it down a bit and still go for it!

Stacked Galvanized Flower Pots
{Cos Stores}
And this is the front door mat I will be making this week.  Wood, holes, and double thick pieces of twine.  I have everything I need at home waiting for me!  Darling, right!   Totally beats my flat mat….time for some depth!So what are your spring plans!?!  How is your door decorated!?!?   This is my very favorite time of year.  Blooms offer endless options for decor….and create such a picturesque backdrop.  First stop the nursery!
{How Does She}

Here are a couple of ideas I considered….

Yellow has been one of my favorites now for quite some time.  I’m usually not a huge fan of fake flowers, but this full wreath from A Soft Place is definitely thinking that with just the right flower, fake can totally be chic!  These Forsythia are beautiful.
{A Soft Place}

Burlap Spring Wreath

{Top This Top That}

Making a wreath from ping pong balls is pretty creative.  This would impress my sweet little B’s!!!  And the added touch of flowers on top totally screams Spring in a lovely and inviting way!!!
{The Magic Brush}

Comments

17 Responses to “Embracing Spring”
  1. Maury Kilgo says:

Beautiful! I love hanging baskets. I’m really hoping to pick some up over the weekend and have them out for easter. They are such a simple way to bring a lot of cheer to the exterior of your home!

2. Little Bit says:

Aimee, Tag! You’re it! I just tagged you. Come over and join in the fun. http://decoratewithalittlebit.com/2012/03/27/tagyoure-it/
    Little Bit

3. Thanks for your sweet notes! Isn’t this the most fabulous time of the year!!! I’m ready to get my hands dirty!!!

4. malia says:

What a beautiful post!

5. Sarah says:

I love your blog and am your newest follower! Thanks for so much inspiration!! It makes me incredibly excited that it’s springtime :)

6. Heidi @ Decor & More says:

Fab inspiration, Aimee! I’m working on a moss and burlap wreath for my front door — right now we’re inundated with pollen, so as soon as our pressure washing is done, it’s ON! In the meantime, I think I’ll put some tulips in a bucket inside my back door to enjoy. :)
    xo Heidi

7. chateau chic says:

So many pretty ideas for spring.
    Mary Alice

8. Aimee, thanks so much for featured your Spring my burlap wreath. Wanted to let you know that I just loved your Spring Series.I was a like a kid who could’nt wait to go back the next day for the “surprise”
    laura

9. Beautiful spring ideas – can’t wait to see what you decide to do.

10. Anu@My Dream Canvas says:

This looks so pretty. I am looking forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas. Visiting you from Wow Us Wednesday.

11. Ruth says:

I love all of these ideas. I love tulips, too. They are beautiful. I just made a spring wreath and a few spring changes to our home.
    Ruth

12. ooooh I love those feed store pots too. SO many lovely things. Thanks for such great ideas. Can’t wait to see your split pea wreath :)

13. Candy says:

My favorite? The galvanized pots stacked and filled with plants. I WANT ONE. Enjoyed your blog, so I’ve just become your newest follower. Please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and hopefully you’ll follow back. 8-)

14. Thanks Mimi! Tulips are just so yummy!!! I’m so glad you stopped by for a visit!!! XO, Aimee

15. So much eye candy! I haven’t even thought about outside yet. lol I’m ready for spring but running behind! ;) Thanks so much for sharing your collection of ideas, Aimee!

16. Maisi says:

Love the split pea wreath! And the photos of all the wreaths are gorgeous! I love spring, too!