March 19, 2012 by Aimee •
I’m so excited to be a part of It’s Overflowing’s Easter Egg Hunt! With all the OMBRE love going on in the design world, I thought it would be fun to give it a try with Easter Eggs. Decorating Easter Eggs :: Ombre Easter Eggs.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Hard Boiled Eggs
Egg Holder (I used a small ladle)
And here’s what you do:
- Lay out 4 cups for dipping the eggs.
- Add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar to each cup.
- Add 3/4 cup of HOT water to each cup.
- Then, vary the amount of food coloring you add to each cup, increasing it from the first to the last. I chose to use 10 drops, 1/8 tsp, 1/4 tsp, and 1/2 tsp.
- Then starting with the first cup with the least amount of coloring and dip the egg all the way in.
- With the second cup, only dip the egg 3/4 of the way in, the third cup 1/2 of the way in, and the last one only 1/4 of the way end so only the bottom of the egg is in the darkest colored water.
- You may have to play with how long you dip the egg in each cup to determine how dark you want the result.
I chose to do this process with three different colors and I love how they turned out! Just so cute and full of Spring-y fun! I can’t wait to see what everyone else came up with!
A blog about the evening and weekend antics of a
working mom who enjoys crafting, photography, thrifting,
parties and quick and easy cooking in her spare time.
If you like this project, then I’m sure you will like other projects at A Night Owl
! As a working mom, I strive to focus on quick and easy projects that I can do in the wee hours of the night once my boys are in bed. I also enjoy photography, thrifting (what mom doesn’t like getting a good deal?), and a quick and tasty recipe here and there. I hope you will stop on by and say hello!
More Easter Egg Inspiration.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned in some of my posts in the hope that I would give it a good review on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe my readers will enjoy. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”