Kitchen Remodel Steps

My Kitchen Remodel is Complete!  Here’s the scoop…

{20 Tips and Tricks to the Kitchen of My Dreams}
trim, paint, hardware, sink, faucet, appliances, furniture, flooring and accessories
  1. Frames from Goodwill
  14. Table from Crate and Barrel
  15. Bowl from Home Goods
  16. Curbside Trash Turns Kitchen Cart here
  17. 2×8 Dobby Jute Rug with Carafe Border from Pier One
  18. Simple DIY Terrariums – No Fuss Garden
  19. 8 Tips for Painting Kitchen Cabinets
  20. Curtains: Traditions Corn Yellow White Slub from Texas Susannie’s Discount Fabric -And-  Dots, White/Yellow from Fabric Diva
After a lot of hard work, our kitchen is final complete!
I love having a corner window.  I’m pretty sure this shelf is made for Tulips.
Fruits and Passion’s Cucina Duo Lime Zest and Cypress – Love it!
And I just refill the soap and lotion and keep the super CUTE dispensers.
Honey Nut Cheerios – Kix: Kid Tested Mother Approved – Quick Oats Oatmeal
Our cereal bowls are in the cabinet directly above our breakfast canisters.
I really like the granite I chose…after narrowing it down to white granites.
White River Granite looks GREAT.  It has a lot of movement which I like a whole lot.
Keurig: cup of tea for me and a cup of coffee for Stud…
every morning!  I like the K-Cup Carousel LOTS, too!
Something about Subway Tile…it calms me!

The Cabinet We Built from Scratch!
Perfect home for our microwave, pull out
covered trash can, cake plates, cookbooks and chargers!
All new lighting, too.
Do you remember what it looked like on the day I moved in!?!?
My kitchen is definitely peaceful now!
The total…will have to be another post!
 Which Room Next?!?!

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

1. It is BEAUTIFUL! You all did an awesome job with the existing cabinets. I love the subway tile… one day I hope to incorporate some into our kitchen. Thanks for the inspiration!

2. AMAZING!! I love everything – what a transformation!

3. That is one great makeover. So nice and bright. Y’all did a great job!

4. Aimee! Absolutely amazing and gorgeous! Every detail is so perfect and it’s truly hard to believe it’s the same kitchen. Great, great job!

5. WOW, what a transformation!!! I am in love with white, clean kitchens. I love the subtle touches of yellow-very cheery! I’d love to cook in your kitchen!!

have a wonderful day!

6. Aimee, this is just amazing, simply stunning! I love the granite and the window shelf. I love the goodwill frames and the cannisters. Everything is exactly as it should be. Absolutely AMAZING job.

7. And that is the kitchen of my dreams as well. I am moving it, that’s settled. :) Thanks for sharing all your awesome tips!

8. Amazing………..Love all of the white. I had the same original kitchen cabinets in my first home in 1963.

9. Anne says:

Oh Aimee! How inspiring! and please tell me what paint color that yellow is!!! I LOVE it! My kitchen is on my list of spaces to lighten and brighten (just like every other room in my house lol)

Thanks for sharing,

10. I just finished a kitchen reno too – yours has turned out amazing. I love everything about it.

11. Your kitchen looks amazing, I love your bright and happy it is!

12. Your kitchen looks awesome!!!!!

13. Aimee – I’m having serious kitchen envy over here!!! What a gorgeous transformation!!! Love the white cabinets, white tile, and white countertops! You did an amazing job! I’ll bet that you’re doing the Happy Dance! lol!

xoxo laurie

14. Your kitchen is gorgeous! Everything looks so fresh & cottagy. Great job!

15. Nicole…I’ll pour you a cup of tea as soon as you get here! XO, Aimee

16. Rosemary@villabarnes says:

Your kitchen is beautiful! I love all the light. Great tips.

17. I know when we purchase our permanent home, our kitchen will look like your pre-picture. Thanks so much for showing me the potential in a kitchen space! I LOVE WHITE KITCHENS, and yours is spectacular!

18. This looks so great! You guys did an awesome job!

19. Wow this is amazing!!! I am so impressed. I love the white, and how fresh it looks.

20. What a transformation! That looks beautiful :) This is really inspiring – my family is working on renovating my grandmother’s house, which looks similar to the way your kitchen looked in the beginning.

21. Wow, what an amazing transformation! I love all the white with the hits of yellow. So pretty!

22. FABULOUS! This is my first time to visit your blog. I’ve enjoyed my visit! Come by when you get a chance!

23. Anu@My Dream Canvas says:

Wow, lucky you. Its looks So pretty! I hope you’ll visit me too :-) Have a lovely weekend :-)

24. What a beautiful transformation. Love, love, love your countertops!

25. Amazing!! Love, love, love. And the before picture “ahhhh scary!” you must be sooo much happier in this new bright space!
    Found you at the FJI party

Leanne @ Because (I think) I Can

26. You did such a great job with that kitchen. I adore your white granite countertops — I’ve always thought I wanted black granite in my white kitchen, but you may have me reconsidering . . . Thanks for sharing.

27. Beautifully done!

28. Shasta @ intheoldroad says:

Great job. I think that’s my dream kitchen too :) I saw your link at TT&J’s party.

Have a good weekend,

29. So STUNNING! Your kitchen looks amazing, and I LOVE the granite choice. What a beautiful room! Found you via Funky Junk!

30. Looks perfect! I love your granite choice too!

31. Charlene@APinchofJoy says:

Gorgeous! LOVE that white granite! I laughed as I caught your last question – so true, so true!

32. Gorgeous transformation! I love white kitchens so you had me as soon as I saw the cupboards, but I also love your little shelf, and the lighting, and the yellow cart. I bet you love spending time in there now.

33. AMAZING transformation!! All the hard work paid off because your kitchen looks beautiful! Stopped by from Met.Monday.

34. Great job, Aimee! It sure is a beautiful space. Congrats on seeing a dream come true!

35. This is to stinking cute. What a great job. I would love it if you showed it off at my new linky party @ Kampenlane.com.

I can’t wait to see what else you create.

36. It looks beautiful! I love the cupboards, I love the countertop, the colors, everything! Congratulations on getting your dream kitchen.

37. Aimee, your kitchen is gorgeous! I love the corner sink with the shelf above. What a wonderful place to display seasonal items or flowers. The granite is beautiful, and that cabinet that houses the microwave is my dream! Someday we’d like to modernize our kitchen, and I would pick some of the components you used.

38. Oh yes- what an improvement! Love your color choice!

39. I am SO excited for you!!! I’ve been watching this transformation little by little, i.e. lurking, lol. I can’t believe how amazing this all is. You’ve really transformed this kitchen! I love those canisters to the left of your sink. Where did you get them? Can you please link this up to my Making Space Mondays? This is just too pretty to miss!

40. So beautifully arranged, very organized. This is every woman’s dream kitchen. Everything is in the right place. Are you a minimalist? Stopped by from UBP.

41. What a beautiful room! You’ve inspired me to finally get working on mine…after collecting supplies and inspiration for three years :)

42. Wow! It looks fantastic, particularly compared to where it was.
    I love the granite you chose- classic!

43. Wow – what a difference! Gorgeous

44. Your kitchen looks amazing! I am slightly envious of you right now! We just bought a house and the cabinets are oak wood, but I am longing for a white kitchen!

45. Jennifer says:

Oh, I love it. I am so jealous.

46. I really love your kitchen! Looks SO beautiful! Very nice make over!

47. What a difference!!! I love how light & bright your kitchen is now. Good job!

48. I think your kitchen is the kitchen of my dreams! A bit green with envy over here, it looks wonderful!

49. So beautiful…love white kitchens!!! So inspiring! I am so glad I stopped by through ‘Under The Table and Dreaming’. Have a blessed day!!

50. Gorgeous kitchen!! You’re giving me inspiration for my own kitchen. :)

51. What a bright beautiful kitchen! I love your corner sink window.

52. Thank you SOOOO much for your sweet words! It’s so much fun sharing the process with my friends!!! You have each motivated me to keep on working to get this house updated! Lots more to go, but it is such a great feeling to have the kitchen complete!!! Hugs and Kisses to each of you for your sweet notes!!! XO, Aimee

53. Princess Kate says:

Your kitchen is breathtaking. What a fantastic transformation. It really is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

54. Wow! This is absolutely beautiful. I had to keep scrolling back and forth from the before to the afters because I just couldn’t believe my eyes! I love the colors you chose. This is the first time I’ve ever been to your blog, and I’m really excited to discover it! Your site design is just lovely.

55. Anonymous says:

I just saw the before and after on Kristi’s blog and had to come and look ‘up close’. : )
    Wowzers! This is gorgeous and you did a wonderful job of coordinating everything. Hats off.

56. SwedishCorner-DownUnder...Pernilla says:

Love it all :)

Greetings from Australia♥

57. Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest says:

58. What an absolutely beautiful kitchen make-over!

The Where Women Blog Team

59. Jen says:

Love EVERYTHING about your kitchen remodel!! You never stop amazing me! Great job!

60. Anonymous says:

61. Nicole says:

I love this and was thinking of giving our kitchen a pop of yellow, which is currently all white with light gray walls. I wanted to paint our kitchen cart that has a stainless steel top on it the same yellow as you have your cart painted but afraid of getting the wrong color. Can you share what brand and color this is? Thanks so much!!

• Nicole says:

Never mind! Just found the link to your DIY table…so fabulous!! Wish I could say that I got the same deal on our used cart…but considering it’s a $300 cart I got on Craigslist for $75, I’m still happy! :) Nice work!

• Oh good…I’m so glad you found it! It was definitely a fun find, but I’m partial to my Craigslist finds, too!!! Have fun adding touches of yellow…it totally brightens my day! Xo, Aimee

62. Anonymous says:

One of the best transformation I ever seen!,It’s so find and well arrange..Keep up the good work!!!!

63. Oh my goodness…that’s too unreal! Your oven hung on for a long time!! :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a sweet note Malena! XO, Aimee

64. THanks for your sweet note Valerie! Visual helps my sweet hubby, too!!! :) XO, Aimee

65. Beautiful transformation! I love it all but especially the pops of yellow in the curtains and the end table!

We are running a Before and After Link party to support Habitat for Humanity, with a chance to be featured on other big blogs and win gift cards. Would love if you entered! http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/2012-before-after-series/

66. Odie says:

Nice kitchen, can u tell me what steps to paint my oak kitchen cabinet to that color, is that glossy white? I admire all your hardwork. Great Job guys! Thums up!

• Painting the Kitchen…here’s a link for the steps I used. Yes, it was a glossy white…I bought it at Sherwin Williams and the color is Luminous White. Definitely take pictures…and if you have a way, send them my way…I love before/after pics! XO, Aimee

67. Hi Aimee, actually you have explained about kitchen remodeling deeply, I can get a good idea about it and hope to follow your steps to remodel my kitchen as well.

68. Wow, i really do love this kitchen!
    Thanks so much for linking up. Please grab a button or link back and be sure to like us on facebook for contest updates and winners!

69. Odessa says:

I’m not sure where you’re getting your info, but great topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
    Thanks for excellent information I was looking for
    this info for my mission.

70. I LOVE the subway tile and white granite. Absolutely beautiful, fresh and uplifting. The corner with the granite shelf for tulips is too cute. :) I also love the white table and chairs – Really bright and happy!

71. Hannah says:

Am I the only one who noticed the original doors on the cabinets are not the “refurbished” ones? They look a lot like the kitchen makeover on the Southern Hospitality blog. She got hers from IKEA. What gives?

72. Hannah says:

I stand corrected. I just ran across the post where you routed the cabinets door.

73. Danielle @ 2 Little Superheroes says:

Wow what a transformation! Incredible. I love the curtains and that little window shelf. Agree it’s totally perfect for tulips.

74. Valerie says:

Love your kitchen! Can you tell me the what is the white color paint you used and also the floor?

75. LOVE!!!! It takes a special eye to be able to see such fabulouse potential and then to carry out the remodel, such dedication. It is gorgeous!!! I love the backsplash too, very calming indeed. :)

76. Your kitchen is so beautiful! I love every bit of it – the counters, the hardware, and those sweet little curtains!
    Peaceful is definitely a word that I would use to describe it too!

77. Just found your blog via Love of Family & Home! What a gorgeous kitchen makeover! I’m not a huge fan of granite but I LOVE yours! Y’all did an amazing job! Can’t wait to catch up on your blog….

78. What a STUNNING kitchen makeover. I love this!

79. Gorgeous! We are in the middle of our kitchen remodel right now, and I hope ours turns out half as nice as yours 😉 xo Kristin

80. María José says:

Hola desde España, Alicante.
    Quiero decirle que ha conseguido una bellísima transformación.
    Soy una admiradora desde hace mucho tiempo.
    La felicito y deseo que siga haciendo más cosas bellas y que su casa luzca cada día más bonita.

81. That looks amazing! What a transformation. I love white kitchens, they are so fresh and clean looking!

82. Caryn S. (Scrapnsing) says:

Looks great! I’m in the middle of a kitchen redo ATM, we’re working on it bit by bit! My FIL is painting my cabinets (mine are white but since I have switched to wood floors I think it needs something slightly warmer). We’re doing a very pale brown, almost beige. We also got new appliances, minus the fridge, which we hope to replace in the near future. I have to say some of the things I love about your kitchen are the corner sink and window, the drawer pulls, the stove top and wall oven and the tile. Some of the things I hope to do in my kitchen. Dig that crazy brown stove in your old kitchen LOL. The 70’s…what were we thinking?

83. Patrick says:

Where your cabinet edges slightly rounded like the draws? Or squared… was wondering how the strips you put on the cabinet faces married up on the edges??

84. Gillian says:

I love your renos. Could you please tell me the dimensions of your living/dining area? Your floor plan looks very similar to mine and I’m trying to imagine some changes in my house such as tearing down a wall.

Thanks for sharing!

85. Rachel says:

Hi Aimee!
    Absolutely LOVE your new kitchen and is quite inspiring to start our kitchen project as we have a very similar kitchen to your ‘before’ kitchen :) However, I do have a question… we have begun painting/updating our 1970s yellow/orange oak to white throughout the house and have selected a white/white. Would you suggest using the same white/white paint for the cabinets to keep color cohesive throughout?
    Thank you!

• Hi Rachel! I am so excited for your updates!!! I think I would stick with the same white for the cabinets, too! Love that!!! Share pics when you finish!!! Can’t wait to take a peek!!! XO, Aimee

86. Our kitchen cabinets are very similar! Still working on a good before n after post on our reno. Its coming along room by room though. Great update at your house!

87. Scott says:

Love the redo! Hate to see when people throw out older very good quality cabinets like yours. I have the exact same cabinets in my kitchen and you have inspired me to give them a shaker look. A few questions now that you have lived in it for a while:
    – What color white did you use for the cabinets?
    – It looks like your hinges are not self-closing, do you have something in the cabinets to hold the doors shut?
    – Do you wish they were self-closing?
    – Any regrets as far as the color, do the kids bang them up, etc.?

88. Amie says:

I love your kitchen reno! Did you use the 4 inch or 6 inch pulls from Restoration Hardware?

Thanks so much!

89. Val says:

Love it! Did you paint the inside of the cabinets?

• Thanks Val! I didn’t — the inside was in mint condition and I feared paint would end up getting chipped and scratched. XO, Aimee

90. Steve @ CountertopsHQ says:

Absolutely amazing job on your remodel Amy. Your before and after picture is stunning. The cabinets, countertops, floors you chose wisely! Congrats on the beautiful kitchen.

91. Suzanne says:

Hi Aimee! Your kitchen is gorgeous! We are going through the exact kitchen facelift. Can you elaborate on the brand and style of hinges you used to replace the old ones? We have reached a roadblock and are finding that after several attempts at different brands/styles the cabinet doors are not sitting flush. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks, Suzanne

92. Tina says:

Hi Aimie,
    I need to add the trip around my cabinet doors too…to give them some character. How did you do that? What did you use? Also, what kind of paint did you use for the cupboard doors?

93. Tina says:

sorry Aimie…I meant trim. :o)

94. Catherine says:

gorgeous kitchen! Could you tell me if the material you used to trim the cabinets has held up? I was told I couldn’t use a plywood because it could separate and the edges would look unfinished …but yours look fantastic!

1. […] And here it is…the perfect pop of color in my kitchen remodel! […]

2. […] You can see ALL of the details, more pictures and links to her DIY projects at Aimee’s Kitchen Remodel Steps post. Congratulations, Aimee! Now pop over to enter your DIY makeover for a chance to […]

3. […] Re-Style from The House of Smiths Kitchen Remodel from House Four Kitchen Reveal from Cape 27 Kitchen Remodel from It’s Overflowing Kitchen Remodel Reveal from The Inspired Room Kitchen Renovation from Lauren’s Latest […]