Chocolate Cream Pie

April 3, 2012 by 35 Comments

One of my favorite desserts is Chocolate Cream Pie.  I always order it when I visit one of my favorite hole-in-the-wall restaurants on the town square in my hometown.   A few months back, I surprised my family by trying to copycat the restaurant’s very delicious Chocolate Cream Pie.  I am all about quick and simple recipes and this one is a perfect match for me!  This is a great everyday treat!  I’m so excited to share my fabulous Chocolate Cream Pie recipe with you today.  I know you’ll love it!

You will need just a few ingredients:  a package of cream cheese, a bit of sugar, some milk, COOL WHIP, a graham cracker crust, a package of instant chocolate mix and some miniature chocolate chips.  Yep, that’s it!

In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk until it’s smooth.  Fold in 1 cup of COOL WHIP and spread evenly into crust.

Next, mix the pudding mix with the rest of the milk for 2 minutes and then let it sit for 2 minutes.   Layer over the cream cheese mixture.

Put the Chocolate Cream Pie in your refrigerator and let it chill until set.  Before serving, garnish your  pie with the rest of the COOL WHIP and some mini chocolate chips.  Enjoy!

Chocolate Cream Pie
1/2 package (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
1-3/4 cups milk, divided
2 cups whipped topping, divided
1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional

1.  In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and 1 tablespoon milk until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread evenly into crust.

2.  In a medium bowl, whisk pudding mix and remaining milk for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Pour over cream cheese mixture. Chill until set.

3.  Just before serving, garnish with remaining whipped topping and chocolate chips if desired. Yields: 6 servings.

Linking up at: Savvy Southern Style, Between Naps on the Porch

Comments

35 Responses to “Chocolate Cream Pie”
  1. CourtneyKeb says:

I’m just so smitten with chocolate cream pie. I actually forgot all about it until now. I feel like it could make a great dinner for tonight.
    That’s right, I said dinner.

Hhaha, kidding.
    kind of.
    ;)

2. Kellie says:

Looks so Yummy! Thanks for sharing! :)

3. Wow…wishing I was eating a slice of this wonderful goodness right NOW!! Thanks for sharing, I’m for sure going to have to make this yummy treat!!!

4. Invite me over when you make yours because we finished ours off already!!! XO, Aimee

5. I’ll have to try this. Just this past Christmas I learned how to copy O’Charley’s caramel pie and I think mine is better…just a crust, 2 cans of sweet. cond. milk cooked in a crock pot, cool whip and toppings. I lovvve easy. Thanks for the recipe.

6. Lolly Jane says:

I just saw this on Lil Luna’s site and was thinking “I gotta make that PRONTO!” then popped over to steal some pics (check LJ tomorrow… wink!) and wha-lah! This looks soooo tasty! Pinning right NOW ;) xoxoxo

7. Maury Kilgo says:

YUM!!! My grandmother makes this and we call it Hershey Bar Pie. She puts almonds in the chocolate part though. I think i prefer it without almonds. Looks delicious!

8. This looks so delicious! Thanks so much for sharing. I’ll have to make this soon.

9. o I do love choco cream pie!

10. Stephanie says:

Chocolate Cream pie is my #1 favorite food. What luck – I just happen to have all the necessay ingredients on hand right now. Guess what’s for dinner tonight.

11. That looks so yummy I think I coud make that .I love chocolate and whip cream. Love your tour I wish I was there.

12. I am featuring your dessert on my blog today… YUM!

13. This looks incredibly yummy! Thanks for sharing :)

14. Wendy says:

YUM! This sounds tasty. I would love to have you link up to Sugar Me Up this (and every) weekend. http://everydaymomcakes.com/sugar-me-up-4/ And if you ever have a cake or cupcake you want featured feel free to submit it too!

Other recipes can be linked up at Feed Your Soul weekends at Around My Family Table. http://www.aroundmyfamilytable.com/2012/04/feed-your-soul-4/

Wendy

15. Megan says:

Ok, DROOL! It looks awesome! Will definitely be trying this one of these days. Thanks for sharing!

16. Nicola says:

So simple, yet so beautiful! I’m definitely whipping this up next time I need a quick dessert. Yum!

17. Jessica says:

That looks soo good! Pinning it to save for later!! Thanks! -Jessica@GreenPB&Js

18. Alyssa says:

This looks really good, I could go for a piece right now!! I would love if you would share this and any other posts at my link party Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/04/showcase-your-talent-thursday-2.html. Thanks and I hope to see you there!

19. Oh my! This looks tasty! Please link up to Foodie Friday

20. Kim @ Too Much Time says:

Did you know chocolate cream pie is my favorite? This looks so easy and delish!I am hosting an “anything Goes” linky party right now through Monday night and I would be super excited if you stopped by to link up!

Kim @ Too Much Time

21. Stephanie says:

Oh YUM! I could dive right into that pie.

22. Anonymous says:

I made this for Memorial day and it was delicious! Such a hit and soooo super easy….been wanting to make it again…having cravings for it! Yum!

23. Chani says:

Looks amazing! Tried this and added sliced ripe bananas…yum :)

24. Today….for PIE day! Our son in law is a math major, so I’ making this in honor of him!

25. pats says:

If you want to take this up a notch to something healthier, use cooking pudding. It has 1/3 the salt of instant.

26. Susan says:

I always order that pie when we eat lunch there. Thank you for sharing your recipe; think I’ll plan on making it for our Easter dessert.

27. Kim says:

Yummy! Have to try!

28. Sylvia Neal says:

I make a version of this using choc. Jello instant pie filling, big box w/half the milk called for. Top w/cool whip, chopped walnuts, and shave a Hershey bar over whole thing. I like the Pet-Ritz pie crust. The choc. soaks into it. I will have to try yours also. Looks delish.

29. This reminds me a little of my peanut butter pie recipe, and how easy it is to make. I’d love it if you would share this at my Saturday Spotlight link party.

Hope to see you there!

April
    Angels Homestead

30. Debbie says:

On my list for the weekend! Thanks for sharing.

31. Alex says:

Looks good! Throw in some sliced banana = chocolate banana cream pie. Soooo good.

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. Crazy Good Pie Recipes says: