04/16/12

Fabulous Crates

A few weeks back I had a great shop at Home Goods…love that store!  This totally caught my eye and when I picked it up it was wearing my favorite tag!  RED Clearance!  I threw it into the cart for think time and went on about my shopping!  At the register, I was totally torn.  The shape was perfect, but would the colors work in my home!?!?  Maybe…so I took it home!

…and gave it a couple quick coats of semi-gloss white!
Funny how some things require a coat of spray paint to be just right…white paint definitely helped this beauty make the cut!
I’ll tell you a little more about it tomorrow!!!  I can’t wait!until then…some more darling crates…For plants, books, lots and lots of storage solutions, and absolutely adorable photography props!

Modish Blog

Lykke Lise

129 Twig and Vine

Stampington

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. That is cute. Don’t blame you for painting it.

2. Love the white! Good choice :-)

3. White wins!

4. You made the right decision…no doubt about it!! What a great find!! And, I’ve also been known to buy something new, only to paint it. Hey, we want what we want…nothing wrong with that! :)

5. Lovely idea!!!
    Baci
    Cimara

6. I have learned to go w/ my gut and bring it home, too! Turned out really cute…can’t wait to see what you do!

7. Pam - diy Design Fanatic says:

When in doubt, bring it home! That’s been my motto regarding HomeGoods. I just bring back the things I don’t want…it’s not like I’m never going back there, lol! You made the right choice to bring it home and to paint it..it looks great!Stopping by from BNOTP.

8. This is to stinking cute. What a great job. I would love it if you showed it off at my new linky party @ Kampenlane.com.

I can’t wait to see what else you create.

~Taylor

9. okay, that is not a piece i would have normally picked up at a store, but spray painted it looks amazing! i really need to be more imaginative when i pass by those clearance isles. :) we’d love for you to link this up to our Sunday Best party going on right now. http://griffithsrated.blogspot.com/2012/04/sunday-best-link-party.html
    -marie

10. wow! what a little white paint can do!

11. Thank goodness you found this piece and dressed it up perfectly! Love the white!

12. I love it white. It was cute in color too but it’s perfect in white!!

13. Tammy @ P K Glitz says:

This is so gorgeous! I love that piece!

14. It looks great! I saw it on FB and love it!
    Debbie

15. I am loving this. I just saw a tutorial on KSL’s Studio 5 T.V. show where a lady shows how to make these cute boxes and used it as a flower holder.

16. Swede Dreamer says:

Love this in white! Good decision!
    Angie

17. Sherry says:

I’m definitely loving the white!

18. En eye see ee. I love the transformation.
    A coat of white can enliven anything.

19. Katie @ Pincushion Creations says:

I just LOVE how spray paint can make things look so “new” and “refreshing”. What a great find! Would love to have you share this at my link party!

20. Katie @ Pincushion Creations says:

Thanks for linky up at Homemade By You! This is going to be featured this week! Hope to see you at the party again!

21. Katerina says:

Even more pathetic that you would change your story above regarding this craft, to make it look like you do not expect others to clean up your mess at the stores……just own it! And don’t bother replying to me….it is not my real email….I have no interest in what your reply might be. Enjoy your day……and think about changing your ways at the stores……those cashiers have plenty of other duties without having to clean up after you…..just sayin’.

• “Kate” — When I do shop with my sweeties and they’re chopping at the bits to get home, I have been very blessed with sweet cashiers that not only offer to help me put a thing or two away — ALSO, help me decide what to keep and what to not keep. XO, Aimee