Simple, Creamy, Sweet Scones with Whipping Cream Recipe

April 20, 2012 by 18 Comments

Want in on a little secret!!? It’s almost my birthday!
I absolutely L.O.V.E tea parties!
So it’s fitting that my favorite birthday breakfast is…

Simple, Creamy, Sweet Scones
with whipping cream and Hot Tea!

Here’s my recipe, You should definitely give it a try!
Scones have a bad rep for being difficult and time consuming….they’re really not!

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.

Cut in COLD butter with Dough Blender.

Mix a COLD egg and milk in a small bowl.

Use the mixer to combine the liquid into the four mixture until moistened.
Don’t overmix…handle the dough as little as possible!

Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead briefly.

Roll dough out into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle.
{I like to cut my scones out with my Crinkle Cut Knife, so easy and so cute!}

Cut into triangle wedges and coat with sugar.

Toma, I finally posted my recipe for you!   XO, Aimee

Simple, Creamy, Sweet Scones
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
5 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Lightly grease a baking sheet.  In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  Cut in COLD butter.  Mix the COLD egg and milk in a small bowl, and stir into flour mixture until moistened. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead briefly.  Roll dough out into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle.  Cut into triangle wedges and coat with sugar.  Place on prepared baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.  Ovens vary in temperature so definitely keep an eye on your scones when baking them the first time!  Enjoy your scones {basically a sweet biscuit, with a hint of creamy texture}.  Makes 8-10 wedges.

Whipping Cream
1 cup whipping cream
1-2 tablespoons granulated white sugar, to taste
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
*optional: add 1/2 cup of strawberry or raspberry jam, or 2 tablespoons cocoa

Place your beaters and bowl in the freezer for 20 minutes.  Remove and beat above ingredients with mixer until stiff peaks form.   Makes about 2 cups.

Clip it!

Click here for where I link up!  !

Comments

18 Responses to “Simple, Creamy, Sweet Scones with Whipping Cream Recipe”
  1. Julie says:

Looks Good. I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:

2. oh they look good, and now I want a crinkle cutter too:(

3. Anonymous says:

Scones can be very dry and tasteless unless something has been added to perk them up. I have worked for a scone baker and have been making them for years. Such things as cranberries and orange zest, chopped apricots and white chocolate chips, lemon pecan, cinnamon chips and on and on. Rolling them 1/3 inch thick will make them even drier. And make sure you never over bake them. Jan

4. Michelle says:

Those look wonderful…almost like shortbread (which I love)! They look like they would melt in your mouth…perfect! :)

5. Thanks so much for your sweet notes!!! I think it’s the butter addition that makes them real creamy! I’ve never had a bit of problem with tasting dry! Definitely keep an eye on them so they don’t overcook!!! Happy baking!!!

XO, Aimee

6. LDH says:

Very yummy looking! A perfect birthday breakfast :)

7. Julie says:

Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:

8. Taylor says:

I love scones!! These look yummy! Great pics! I would love for you to share this with my “Unveil Your Genius” link party.

Happy Sunday!