Reclaimed Wood Chic Picket Frame

May 23, 2012 by 18 Comments

I love photography, especially pictures of my sweeties.   My new favorite diy project is my reclaimed wood chic picket frames.  They are awesome wall art and the hardware make it simple to change out the pictures often!
A few months ago I found {this} on the side of the road and knew that it had huge potential…doesn’t all reclaimed wood have incredible possibilities {here}!  From the outside this was a thing of total beauty but on the inside it had some major rotting issues and only a portion of the wood could be used.
winter-challenge
 My hubby cut these down into 18″ tall and 17″ wide frames, then I sprayed
a coat of Rust-Oleum Crystal Clear Glossy Enamel to help control the chipping!
Reclaimed Wood Chic Picket Frame @Its_Overflowing
 I picked up some mini-clothespins…
 and gave them a coat of the same paint that I used on my Anthro Chandelier Makeover {here].
 When the spray paint had dried, I used the yellow color in
my favorite chalkboard markers {here} and {here} to paint some diagonal stripes.
Then, using an 8×10 picture I measured where I wanted
to place my clothespins and affixed them with my hot glue gun.
Reclaimed Wood Chic Picket Frame @Its_Overflowing
I absolutely love taking pictures – as many of you know from my free bloggy
photography course {here}!  Being able to switch these frames so easily is the biggest treat EVER!
Here’s one finished…and here it is on my mantel!
Just in case, I had added a sawtooth hook on the back!  Are you like me!?!?

Can you not go an entire month without re-situating at least a couple dozen items!?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I made more with new boards — check it out!

DIY Frame Tutorial

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comments

18 Responses to “Reclaimed Wood Chic Picket Frame”
  1. Lindsay says:

Gorgeous! I am so impressed! I need to find something similar!

2. So AWESOME! I Just Love that!!!

3. oh my goodnes! Your amazing! It is so darn cute!
    I found this dual pain window that is dirty out in a empty field. And i grabbed it and it is sitting my garage cause I know it has mass potential but I dont know where to start. Have any suggestions? Email me at achapins@yahoo.com

4. Tam says:

Love the teal color of the clothes pins! Looks amazing!

5. Maury Kilgo says:

Awesome! What a cool use of reclaimed wood.

6. Bliss says:

Great idea….. cute…… what’s not to like?

~Bliss~

7. Jan says:

I love this! I would never had thought to put painted clothespins on something like this but it’s really charming. And how funny that such an old looking box had casters on it.

8. Well there they are :) Too cute! Laurel

9. Lolly Jane says:

LOOOOOOOOVE this!!!!! XOXO

10. WOW! Aimee this is awesome! You take great pictures of your work, too! Very fun!

We would LOVE for you to stop over and link up this awesome idea in our Crafty Saturday Showcase. The Showcase runs Saturday through Thursday. Then our Designers will pick their top linked up picks and feature them on Friday! Stop over and join in the fun! We have a linky for crafty bloggers and ETSY/Business Bloggers!

Have a great weekend,
    Susie

11. Jenn says:

I am so impressed!

12. Rose :: Fine Craft Guild .com says:

What can I say but ‘absolutely fabulous’. I love this and think our readers will do also. I would like to invite you to come link it up at our linky party: http://www.finecraftguild.com/party/

13. Thank you so much for linking up in our Saturday Showcase this past week! We were thrilled to have you and hope that you stop back in on Saturday and link up more crafty ideas!

Have a super weekend!
    Susie at Bowdabra

14. Taylor-Ann says:

Totally adorable. I love it. It would be sweet if you shared this with my readers at Show Off Monday @kampen Lane.

~Taylor-Ann

15. Velud'arte says:

Love that! Fantastic!

16. What a terrific frame. I love the pop of color that the painted clothes pins provide. What a great memento!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. […] View Along the WayDIY wooden arrows via Little Brick HousePallet wood sign via Serendipity RefinedReclaimed chippy wood photo frame via It’s OverflowingReclaimed wood shelf via Shanty 2 ChicRustic coat hook and shelf via Beyond the Picket FenceDIY side […]