Lamp Makeover {Ugly to Lovely}

June 15, 2012 by 20 Comments

I’m SUPER excited to show you how my lamp turned out!  It was just what my family room needed with the breezy white curtains.  Remember {here} I told you that I’d been crushing on this floor lamp?!

Okay…so it’s not quite the same, but for $10 it was definitely worth a try!
And here it is!  I decided to go with a flocked lamp shade in
yellow that I found at Target {here}.  I love this linen drum shade,
it offers a nice accent of color without competing with the rug.
 Um, yeah…this one wasn’t really working.  Dust to the MAX!
I used a white primer followed by three coats of
white gloss spray paint, lightly sanding between each coat.
And here it is in the family room…next to my Spring Chic Mantel {here}.
I may have to switch things up soon, now that Summer is in full swing!  I’ll
definitely keep my DIY Picket Frames {here} on the mantel, still loving them!
I’ve had a few questions about the fabric of my new drapes.  The
fabric is a good quality and a nice weight for drapes. They hang
nicely with soft folds.  And the grommets make it easy to pull
the drapes shut at night and open them easily during the day. {here}.
I love a lamp – chair – ottoman combination…perfect for
curling up with a good book!  What are you reading right now!?

Comments

20 Responses to “Lamp Makeover {Ugly to Lovely}”
  1. Aimee, what an incredible makeover! Your floor lamp is just beautiful. The shade looks like sunshine and goes perfectly with your white, summery drapes.

2. jeri says:

I’m so jealous. I used to live in an area that was “overflowing” with yard sales and cute little second-hand shops and I was always rescuing unwanted furniture and accessories. My current neighborhood has only (expensive) retail stores, so I look forward to reading about all your lovely projects. Thank you so much for sharing.

3. Lindsay says:

Gorgeous! I love this makeover, great job!

4. Your lamp turned out fabulous~looks great!!

5. Our Pinteresting Family says:

It turned out fantastic! Love the shade. Megan

6. Your version with that adorable shade looks great!

7. Your lamp make-over is beautiful! Lamps are my favorite decorating accessory!

8. Maury Kilgo says:

Love it!!! Such a huge improvement!

9. Love it! What a wonderful transformation. How funny would it be to take it back and be like, this is what you could have had. No one would believe you.

10. Anne says:

I want that lampshade!!!!! Lovely job Aimee!

11. The lamp is gorgeous – what an improvement! The yellow shade looks really stunning against the white base. :)

12. Okay–I want to go thrifting with you! What a great find, and I love the makeover you gave it–it fits into your room’s new summer look just perfectly–very nice!

13. awesome lamp, it looks so much better, well doesn’t even look like the same lamp :) Thanks for linking up.
    XO
    Kristin

14. Lauren @mercyINK says:

LOVE the lamp! Definitely so pretty & the yellow print is FABULOUS!!! can never go wrong with Target ;)
    would love for you to link up at Heart&Home link party, http://www.mercyINKblog.com

blessings to you!
    lauren

15. So cute!
    love the yellow!

Pat

16. Rosemary@villabarnes says:

It definitely has the same vibe as your crush. Nice job.

17. Love the lamp!!! That pattern on the shade is soooo amazing. I just bought a $2.50 large table lamp at the thrift store yesterday. It is an ugly brown but plan to spray it some great color and find the perfect shade to go with it. That shade you used is lookin’ pretty good….great job!!!

18. Katie says:

WOW~ This is gorgeous! Forget the one you were lusting over! Your version is way better!

19. Donna says:

Love visiting your site and all the work you do. I never find buys like you girls on these blogs. I’m reading 50 Shades Darker.