Boy Bedroom No-Sew Pendant Flag Banner

July 20, 2012 by 21 Comments

When I purchased new boy’s bedding (for an awesome deal) recently, I was stoked that all the sheets, bedding, and shams came wrapped inside matching fabric!  Of course I had to think of a way to put it to good use!  Flipping through my old Pottery barn magazines I came up with just the thing: a Boy Bedroom No-Sew Pendant Flag Banner

What’s better than being able to make a boy bedroom no-sew pendant flag banner for free!?!?  How?!?  Recycle Fabric Packaging: Duvet Cover sacks, Sheet Set sacks, and Sham sacks!!!

I grabbed a pair of scissors and started chopping away at the packaging and came up with as many triangles as I could manage.

Fabric triangles, fabric glue, and 3 feet of bias tape made this a super simple home decor project.

I stretched my project out on my large dining room table, turned craft table, spacing the triangles out along the bias tape and attaching both sides of the flags to the bias tape with fabric glue.  After the banner dried, I used a little spray starch and an iron.  Then I traced around each flag with fabric glue so the fabric scraps wouldn’t unravel further.

A couple command strip grippers and the boys were loving their bold orange and navy wall art!

Check out the definition frame makeover: an ugly thrift store frame with a DIY drop cloth covered mat and free Honor and Courage printables, too.

Comments

21 Responses to “Boy Bedroom No-Sew Pendant Flag Banner”
  1. Megan says:

What a fantastic idea, Aimee! It looks great! Megan

2. How clever and cute is this. I love it. Hugs, Marty

3. Kara says:

What a fun idea!

4. Genius! Love how it turned out.

5. Hope says:

This is adorable! Great colors too!

6. What a great idea. I would have wondered “what should I do with these neat little bags” and cutting them up would never had crossed my mind! Genius!

7. Michele says:

What a great way to use up things, make a cool decoration and spend no money.

8. Alexandra says:

That’s such a great way to use those bags! Great idea!

9. Bliss says:

This is exactly the type idea I’m in need of for my sons room. Gotta pin it so I remember.

~Bliss~

10. Jodi says:

This is so adorable! What a great way to use old fabric.

11. The fabrics you used look terrific together! Yeah!

12. Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Someday Crafts! I will be featuring your project tomorrow Morning on our blog. Please stop back in and grab a Featured at Someday Crafts Button for your blog. Thanks for the inspiration!

13. Jeanette says:

Love those colors together and what a fantastic way to reuse the packaging. Great job!

14. Kathy Moody says:

What a great idea and so cute!! :)

15. Great idea! I love that you don’t have to sew it!

16. Tabitha says:

It’s party time over at Debt Free Mommy’s blog! You are invited to join the party by linking up anything related to making your space a better place for you and your loved ones. Please join us at Making Space Mondays at http://www.debtfreemommyblog.blogspot.com. Link up starting at 9:00 (central time) tonight. Hope to see you there! -Tabitha

17. Heidi says:

I love that you recycled, and the banner turned out so great! I’m hosting a linky party “One Creative Weekend” at OneCreativeMommy.com. I’d love for you to visit and link up this idea and/or anything else you’d like to share.

18. Aimee, love this banner! Great feature over at Uncommon :) Have a great night!

19. Featuring YOU today! Thank you for linking up to {wow me} wednesday.

Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com