07/12/12

Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe

My family is a huge fan of my Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe.  Having experienced the flavor at Chipolte, my hubby and I started playing around with ingredients until we came up with this fabulous 5 ingredient recipe!

Chipolte

Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe makes a simple meal taste elaborate!  And this is one of those recipes that I always have the ingredients on hand!  Cilantro Lime Rice is the perfect compliment for any Mexican or Caribbean cuisine.  I recently shared my recipe for Mango and Chicken Shish Kabobs.  Cilantro Lime Rice is a great side dish when serving these kabobs!

My only warning is that once you prepare Cilantro Lime Rice, you’ll find yourself doubling the recipe from then on, because you just can’t get enough!

Cilantro Lime Rice

1 tablespoon butter

2/3 cup long grain white rice

1 freshly squeezed lime

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons finely chopped cilantro

1 cup water

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.  Add rice to saucepan for 1-2 minutes until coated with butter.   Then add water to saucepan and bring to a rolling boil (no cheating here).  Turn the heat down to low, cover, and simmer for 18-20 minutes, until water is absorbed and rice is just tender.  Remove from heat, add freshly squeezed lime, salt, and cilantro. Fluff with a fork.  Serves 4.

Debbie Doo’s Copy Cat Party

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. sally m says:

Goo can instant rice be used for this recipe?

2. Diane Ogata says:

I have a rice cooker, so I can skip step one. After the button pops, the rice is always fluffy. I prefer short grain rice. The only variation I would make is to add an entire bunch of cilantro, is utterly fantastic, if you are a cilantro lover! I also add the lime zest, if you have a micro plainer. Is that how you spell it?

Thanks, Diane in Hawaii

3. Sheila says:

Thank YOU! I’ve loved this rice forever, and never could figure out why they don’t sell it as a side dish! Thanks for figuring out the recipe!

Sheila in Oregon

4. I have bookmarked this, want to give it a try while I still have fresh cilantro in my garden:@)

5. Oh, this will definitely be on the menu soon. Believe me!!!

Looks amazing!!!!

6. Oh yum…this recipe looks delicious! This would be perfect to link up to my “Create It Thursday” post here! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/05/create-it-thursday-1.html

7. Hi there. Food on Friday: Lemons and Limes is now open for entries. This looks like a neat one! I do hope you link it in. This is the link . Cheers

8. Ricki Jill Treleaven says:

Aimee I have bookmarked this recipe because it sounds simply fantastic! Thanks for posting it, my dear. 😀

9. MariaElena says:

This looks fabulous! Thank you for sharing this recipe!

10. debbiedoos says:

Hi Aimee! you have my mouth watering. I love this recipe and must try it.

11. Jen says:

I love anything with lime & cilantro and this sounds delicious!

12. Aimee,
    This looks awesome; I love Chipotle! 🙂 Thanks for sharing this, I’m so going to try this soon! 🙂
    Mackenzie

13. Emily says:

Yum!! I have been trying to perfect a cilantro lime rice recipe but haven’t found the *perfect* one yet. Going to try this next!! Would love for you to link up to my Pin It Thursday party http://www.sweetbellaroos.com/2012/07/19/pin-it-thursday3/

14. Nicole says:

Yum – this sounds really good. I love cilantro & lime. Pinning so I remember to try it. visiting from Lil Luna Linkup 🙂

15. Oh yum!!! We have a spanish rice and fried rice recipe. Sometimes I more than double them just so we have leftovers!

16. Oh my…my husband would be proud of me if I made him this!! I might do it tonight! Thanks for sharing!!!

17. Great way to do rice, thank you

I found you via the Tuesday Talent Show from Chef in Training
    I have linked up another attempt at meatballs. Have a good week.

18. Rhiannon-Baked In The South says:

Delish! Thanks for sharing! We would love to have you link up some of your recipes over at our party!

19. A VERY similar recipe has been our go to on any mexican cooking night!! oh yes (we’d never be able to be without it now!!) AMAAAZZING inside shredded beef or pork tacos

20. Emily says:

That looks delish!

I’ve pinned!

21. Deirdre says:

Cilantro and Lime on rice- sounds like a perfect marriage of flavors. This I’ll try!

22. Natalie says:

Aimee – this looks divine!!!! Gave you a shoutout on my FB page http://www.facebook.com/pages/NorthShore-Days/235617543185297
    Hugs xx Nat

23. Mmm, sounds good 🙂

24. Mary says:

Oh this sounds so yummy! Now to figure out how to make those out of this world lime sea salt chips of theirs!

25. This sounds so yummy Aimee and we have cilantro growing in our garden right now so it’s perfect! 🙂
    Vanessa

26. Carolyn says:

Wow, that looks great! I love Cilantro and I love lime = win win!

27. Libby says:

I love rice like this! Sometimes when I make it, I saute a little onion (red is even better if I have it) and garlic, then put the rice in until it’s translucent. Add broth (or water) and frozen veggies likes peas and carrots. Then at the end I toss in that cilantro. Ummm ummm good!

28. Yum and double yum!! I went to Chipotle for lunch yesterday and forgot how DELISH their rice is … can’t wait to make it at home!

29. Allie says:

Looks amazing! I made an unsuccessful attempt at recreating Chipotle’s rice once, so I can’t wait to try this one to redeem myself! Have you tried it using brown rice?

• Thanks Allie…rice is easy to overcook or undercook! Brown rice would need to cook a lot longer, I haven’t tried it, but I’m sure it would be delicious if you figured out the timing! XO, Aimee

30. Yum! Sounds delicious.

31. Andrea says:

Wait…so when do you add the lime juice? At the beginning with the water or at the end with the cilantro? And why are there 2 different measurements for water — is it 1 cup or 2 cups of water?

• Oops! Thanks so much for catching that…my reason…one of my babies has the stomach flu and the other two are at two different camps with two different start times! My heads not screwed on quite right! LOL. Thanks for helping me get that straightened out Andrea! XO, Aimee

32. Bobbilynne says:

YUM! We love making cilantro lime rice at our house!!!

33. Carrie @ My Favorite Finds says:

I’ve made this a ton of times and we love it! I even put it in my Southwest Chicken Wraps mixture sometimes.

34. Bliss says:

You got that right – double it after the first time. Cilantro Lime rice is hands down one of my families favorite dish. We do Fiesta with knock off Chipotle recipes and the rice is what makes it all taste good. My adult son is the one who first made it and he laughed when I asked for his recipe. Big results for little effort!

~Bliss~