Mason Jar Summer Vignette

July 23, 2012 by 28 Comments

Simple tabletop decoration using just a few item … a Mason Jar Summer Vignette.  Have you driven by any must-stop estate sales or thrift stores this week!?!?  I was running errands while my mother-in-law was watching my sweeties when I received an urgent text…get home FAST!  I called home a little concerned…why the urgency!?

A huge estate sale had just opened on my street and we were missing out on all the “good stuff.”  I love that the two of us share a passion for vintage finds!!!  We had a blast walking through the house, dreaming about making it our own and checking in closets and under tables for fun treasures.  My oldest two have the same excitement for finding treasures which makes the hunt even more of an adventure!

Gigi found the most perfect bench EVER and a huge box of knitting needles and yarn for just a couple dollars.  My find was little bitty…but I love it as if it were a diamond!  An old cake pan for $1.00.  So many possibilities… for now, I have two of my tinted jars from the most amazing thrift store ever

a few mason jars from another garage sale…

…and some dainty white and yellow wool roving flowers on long green stems (an awesome craft store find).

I love the Mason Jar Summer Vignette all put together.

And eventually when I find two more, I have my heart set on making a Cake Pan turned Tier Stand like this one from The Crafting Chicks.

more thrifty finds

Comments

28 Responses to “Mason Jar Summer Vignette”
  1. Love the vignette you put together! And, the patina on that cake pan.

2. Libby says:

Oh, what great finds! I hope you find the other pieces so you can create the tiered stand. That is a beauty as well, with so much character. :-)

3. Allyson says:

Too cute – love it!

4. Great summertime simple vignette. Love the airiness and vintage goodness!
    Mary Alice

5. I love it! And I have to say I’m a little jealous-I haven’t gotten much thrifting/yard-saling/etc in the past few years since my boys were born. One day…one day!

6. Michelle says:

I love this look of using a cluster of jars as vases, so sweet

7. Ashley says:

Oh I would sooo steal those flowers if I lived near you ; ) Ok, not really! But I do love them!! What craft store did you find them at?! Maybe just maybe I could be as lucky as you, I have a white pitcher that I have been dying to find flowers like that for!

8. I LOVE the simple things in life!…the old cake pan…the mason jars…

9. Don’t you just love thrifting/estate sales! It’s great that you kids find it as exciting as you do! You really scored some great finds! So glad you shared your creative inspiration with Sundays’ Best – you always help make it a great party!

10. Tabitha says:

Absolutely stunning! I hope I develope that same eye for treasures that you have. I can’t wait to decorate our new home, and the foundation hasn’t even been laid yet.
    Thanks for linking up at Making Space Mondays. I hope we see you there next week! -Tabitha

11. Mindy says:

Simple, but super cute! I love the sprays of yellow:)

12. Carole says:

Great post. I found you via the Tuesday Talent Show from Chef in Training
    I have linked a pizza I did with leftover roast chicken. Have a good week.

13. This is so easy and SO PERFECT for summer. Glad I found this post because two vintage cake pans recently came into my possession. I was thinking about using one as a dish for a succulent garden in my office, but the other was just waiting for this type of arrangement. Thanks for sharing!

14. Yay!

Nice treasures and cute post.

15. Natalie says:

I just put “pint jars” on my thrift store shopping list. I love what you’ve done with yours :)

In Utah, we all stress out about coming up with clever, inexpensive neighbor gifts for Christmas–and this year I’m making “simmer pots in a jar” from this site: http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Gifts_in_a_Jar1.pdf.

16. Donna Wilkes says:

Love your finds – the vignette is so summery with the yellow and blue.

Distressed Donna Down Home

17. Alana says:

Your mason jar vignette is lovely! I may have to borrow that idea :) and your cake stand looks amazing!

18. Tamsyn says:

Such a pretty little vignette. I think I’ll be ‘borrowing’ this idea too :)

19. Ashley says:

So pretty and simple! Love how this turned out!

20. So cute Aimee! I love how it looks!

21. Oh, what a pretty vignette you created with your finds! I love jars. They’re so versatile. Thank you so much for joining my party!
    Brenda

22. Honey says:

Lovely, and I do like the idea of the tiers! I may have enough old ones to do just that!

23. Love your cake pan. How fabulous is that. Looks wonderful with the jars and flowers, so pretty. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

24. Linda says:

I just found your blog and enjoyed scrolling through your latest entry. The yellow flowers look so sweet in the mason jars. My mom just gave me dozens of mason jars so I have found some inspiration here for their use! Thanks! Linda

25. Amy says:

It truly is the little things that make most of us happy. I so love your mason jar centerpiece. So beautiful and springy.

26. Looks great – simple and springy! Blue Mason jars are one of my favorite things in the world.