07/15/12

Simple Tips: Microwavable Popcorn

I love simple tips!  After a long week, we’re taking advantage of some much needed rest and relaxation this weekend!  Rest and relaxation in this house means…”When can I have my next snack, Mommy!?!?”  Here’s what I just served, DIY Microwave Popcorn in a Lunch Sack — Add 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels to an open lunch sack.  Fold over the top of the sack twice and then give it a good shake.  Place the sack upright into the microwave for 2 mins. 30 secs. — the popcorn is ready when the popping slows to 1-2 per second.  Top with the BEST popcorn seasoning, a sprinkle of Lawry’s Salt!

Simple Tips - ItsOverflowing

Squawk Fox

Here it is ready to be served to my little sweeties!

Easy Microwave Popcorn @ItsOverflowing

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. Thanks for hosting Aimee
    Hope u get some rain today
    RaNae N Fort Worth

2. debbiedoos says:

Thanks for hosting Aimee. I am late, but lucky number 200!!~ Have a great week.

3. Thanks for hosting Aimee!
    Laura

4. Brooke@Spruce Your Nest says:

Hey Aimee! Thanks so much for hosting your fabulous party!

5. My image isn’t working 🙁 I tried twice with no luck?! So annoying, but hey I’m leaving it up there!

6. Lyuba says:

7. Andrea @QueenBandme says:

HI there cute thing!! I haven’t been by in a bit.. we are so busy with all this adoption stuff!! Anyway, I have been meaning to tell you just how sweet I think you are, and that you were the first person to give me good advice and leave me sweet comments when I was just starting out, back in Jan! THANK YOU it meant a lot to me, and I have thought a lot of you since… ALSO I just found out you are friends with my friend Kelli {lolly jane} we talked about you at dinner last week {ALL GOOD!} What she had to say, makes me like you even more! OH and I just found you on insta! WOOHOO!
    HUGE HUGS!!!
    XOXO
    Andrea

• Andrea…Oh my goodness…I can hardly stand it that I wasn’t at dinner with you and Kelli last week! Too incredibly fun! I need to get back to AZ one of these days and catch up with all my fun bloggy friends!!! I just know that we’re going to be fast friends!!! Huge prayers for you through your adoption…I’ll be sitting on pins and needles with you…I think that adoption is the most beautiful picture EVER! XO, Aimee

8. I would have never thought to pop it this way. Perfect. My daughter loves popcorn, but the “natural” kind (no chemicals). I’ll have to send her to college with some lunch sacks (all those leftover from high school lunches!)

9. Ashley @ Cherishedbliss says:

Thanks so much for hosting Aimee! Have a great Sunday1

10. Just found your party, having fun so far, thanks! I’m off to comment on my fellow party guests.

11. Thanks for the post-have a great weekend! I shared my peanut butter batter dip recipe!

Check out my latest recipe, review and giveaway @ bakingblissful.blogspot.com

12. Linda@Coastal Charm says:

Aimee,
    Thanks for hosting the party…happy that I had something to share this week.

Blessings,
    Linda

13. Thanks for hosting Aimee!!! Have a great Sunday 🙂

14. Pam says:

Thanks for hosting, Aimee. Have a great week…

15. Janel@hatingmartha.com says:

Thanks for hosting Aimee!! Have a great weekend!

16. Love all the projects that were shared! Thanks so much for hosting, Aimee!

17. Thanks so much for the party, Aimee! I look forward to it each week 🙂

18. Lindsay says:

Thanks for hosting Aimee! I hope you have a great week!

19. Aimee – You would feature a simple to make microwave popcorn idea. My absolute favorite snack, BUT I am allergic to corn! If I could have this, I would put mini dark chocolate pieces and shake the bag while the popcorn is hot! Great links tonight – will be back later. I love those framed flashcards!

20. jenny says:

So many awesome projects linked up already! Thanks for hosting!

21. Carrie says:

Hi friend! Thanks for hosting! I hope you relax this week 🙂

22. Little Bit says:

Hey Aimee… thanks so much for hosting! Little Bit

23. Kim says:

Thanks for hosting, Aimee.

24. Jessi says:

Thanks so much for hosting Aimee!

25. Angie@Echoes of Laughter says:

Hi Aimee! Thank you so much for hosting this lovely party! Hope your week is fantastic! Angie xo

26. Denise says:

Hope you are getting to relax Aimee! thank you so much for hosting 🙂

27. K Coake says:

I think I have a slight addiction to popcorn…Yum! Thanks so much for hosting!

28. Hi Aimee! I always joke about the 15-minute feeding schedule in the summer 🙂 It never changes, Abby’s 18 and she’s still always hungry! Thanks for hosting again this week! xo, Andrea