07/22/12

Simple Tips: Area Rugs

I love simple tips!  Another awesome week of summer!  This may be the best summer yet!  Having a 9, 7, and 5 year old running through the house is a whole lot of fun!  The only thing not handling it real well is my rug (at least one little corner)!  I switched to a much larger rug in January.  I’m really liking it…the only issue: one corner gets a lot of foot traffic which has caused the corner to start rolling.  After several attempts of unbending the corner…it stubbornly began to refuse to lay straight.  I grabbed a piece of cardboard (to protect my floors) and a tube of super glue.  Risky, but I went for it…I took off the lid and ran the tip along both sides of the bent edges.  The glue dried totally clear and stiff.  A few weeks later, the crunchy sides are doing their job, my dhurrie rug is lying straight.  *Disclaimer: Test on the underside of rug, may change color and texture on some fabrics.

Simple Tips

What are your favorite simple tips!?!?

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. Scott says:

This is a great idea. It’s really frustrating when the corners of rugs keep coming up. Great tip!

2. The Quiet Mom says:

Thank you for the tutorial. Works for me:)

Also, thank you for hosting this blog hop. Following your twitter, Pinterest and G+. This blofghop is listed on our Sunday Blog Hop directory where you can also have fun hopping at http://brickn.com/bloghops/sunday

The Quiet Mom blogging @ Spaghetti with Meatballs Recipe

3. Thanks for being such a great hostess! Really appreciate the tip on the rug, I have a similar issue with an entry way rug that drives me nuts! Also loving the mason jar centerpiece and of course the fabulous features. How in the world can you narrow it down to just a handful with so many great projects linked up?! Hope you have a blessed week!
    Barbara @ Chase the Star

4. jenny says:

Thanks for hosting!!

5. Brooke@Spruce Your Nest says:

Thanks so much for hosting your fabulous party Aimee!

6. Thanks so much for hosting Aimee! Have a wonderful week!

Take care,

Trish

7. Kimberly Sneed says:

Thanks for hosting Aimee! So happy I have stuff to link up this week! xo

8. Aimee, Is it just me or are the posts extra-creative today? I have pinned some, made some new friends, and added to my to do list. These are the marks of a great party. Thanks for hosting!

Distressed Donna Down Home

9. Little Bit says:

Aimee, thanks for hosting, and thanks again for featuring our pergola turned porch yesterday! Little Bit

10. Anne says:

Thanks for the party!! Have a happy Sunday!!

11. Thanks so much for hosting, Aimee!

12. Aimee, thanks for the tip! I have a badly curling rubber backed rug. I’m not quite understanding how this is done. Are you using the cardboard to platted it, or just to catch the glue? Thanks for any extra help you can provide, I’d really like to try this.

13. Mary says:

I don’t think I have ever joined one of your parties till now! Glad I could! Looking forward to seeing lots of fun projects and thanks for the tip on rug corners! I have one I need to try it on!

14. Lindsay says:

Thanks for the party! Enjoy a beautiful Sunday tomorrow!

15. Angie@Echoes of Laughter says:

Hi Aimee! Thank you so much for hosting this week! I hope you are having a wonderful summer vacation! Angie xo

16. that is a great tip. I’ve been out most Saturday nights lately so it’s good to be back to your party! thanks so much for hosting 🙂

marissa

17. Lyuba says:

Thank you for the party, Aimee!

18. Aimee, so happy to be linking up; I think it’s my first time. We are ‘friends’ all over. 🙂 Have a great weekend!!

19. Love the idea about the rug! I have one that is making me CRAZY! I am going to give it a try! Thanks for hosting!

20. K Coake says:

Thanks so much for hosting, Aimee! Hope your weekend is fantastic!

21. Ashley says:

Thanks so much for hosting!!

22. FABBY says:

Thanks for hosting, I love, love your party, so much fun!! Have a blessed Sunday.
    FABBY

23. Thanks so much for hosting, enjoy the rest of your weekend!

24. laura@Top This Top That says:

Happy to be joining you tonight!

25. Thanks for hosting! Wow…necessity is the mother of invention….great rug tip. Enjoy your summer weekend,
    Shawn 🙂

26. Okay, LOVE the tip about rolling edges. I just figured it was a lost cause, and I have two that roll up constantly. I am soooo doing this tonight. Thanks, Aimee! 🙂

Oh and thanks for hosting 🙂 🙂

27. Thanks so much for hosting!!