How to Make Simple Chocolate Mousse Recipe

August 21, 2012 by 22 Comments

Last night, I was craving something sweet…not just anything sweet…I was needing a chocolate dessert and fast!  Recipes that use items I already have in my pantry are the best for those serious “I need chocolate moments!”  My Simple Chocolate Mousse Recipe was the perfect fix!  If you’re craving chocolate, this is a fun treat and you only need the following 5 ingredients (for my dieting friends, you may want to look away).

Gather all 5 ingredients and a bit of water as labeled above.  In a saucepan, combine everything except the cream and vanilla.  Melt over low heat, stirring occasionally.  Once melted, remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool.  Use those few cooling moments to beat the whipping cream and vanilla on medium speed into stiff peaks.  Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until will blended.  Spoon into six small dishes, adding a teaspoon of chips to the center of each dish.  Chill for about an hour.  Enjoy!

5-Ingredient Simple Chocolate Mousse Recipe

4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened

1/4 cup super hot water

1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows

9 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 cup whipping cream (if preferred, add 1/4 cup for garnishing)

In a saucepan, combine everything except the cream and vanilla.  Melt over low heat, stirring occasionally.  Once melted, remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool while beating the whipping cream and vanilla into stiff peaks using a mixer on medium speed.  Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture with a rubber spatula until will blended.  Spoon 5 ingredient chocolate mousse into six small dishes, adding a teaspoon of chips to the center of each dish.  Chill for about an hour and garnish with whipped cream.  Enjoy!

My other two filled up on dinner and enjoyed a little bit of dessert…Baby B ate a bit of dinner and filled up on dessert, he ate every last bite and asked for more.  He’s figured out his lot in life as baby, has its perks!  What about you!?!  Are you more of a meal person or more of a dessert person!?!?

Comments

22 Responses to “How to Make Simple Chocolate Mousse Recipe”
  1. Sara says:

Yum! Can’t wait to try out this recipe! Found you from Thee Networking Blog Hop!

2. That looks and sounds so good!

3. Kelsey says:

Darn! I have everything but the marshmallows!! I’m going to have to pick some up on my next shopping trip! ;)

4. Kristen says:

Oh man I used the last of my chocolate chips this weekend or I’d be in the kitchen making this now.

5. kara says:

Ooooh … that does look fabulous!

6. That does look sooo good!

7. Bliss says:

Pinning this, but I just might make it for breakfast. When I want chocolate, I want it NOW.

~Bliss~

8. Yum! I love quick and easy desserts!

9. nicholl says:

looks delicious and simple to make!

Have a wonderful week! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! :)

10. Oh I can definitely do this. Looks amazing. Thanks. Hugs, Marty

11. Jenny says:

This looks absolutely amazing Aimee! I’m pretty sure I’d have the same smile as your son. Lol!

12. I am much more of a dessert person:-) In fact this yummy chocolate mousse sounds like the perfect dinner to me!!!

13. I have recipe for mousse that uses raw eggs. I keep telling my self I need to find one that doesn’t use the eggs. I’ll have to keep this one in mind. The use of marshmallows is very appealing to me. I’d love it if you shared this over at my link party. http://acraftycook.blogspot.com/2012/08/1-month-of-fun-august-link-party.html

14. cannot wait to try it! I do like my dessert but dinner is my fave. My fussy one is dessert all the way:)

15. Katie Drane says:

I’m so glad I found your blog! I had no idea how easy it was to make mousse. It looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing on the tt&j link party!

Katie

16. Nothing like a simple quick to make treat! I will be pinning this to my must try recipes! Hope you could come by my blog and link up @

xo
    Myric

17. MMM! I am an avid lover of chocolate and this looks delish! Thanks for sharing!!

I would love it if you linked this up at my link party! You can find it here:

18. Kara says:

Oh my, this looks fabulous! Thanks for linking it up. I’m pinning it so I can try it later. :)

19. YUM! I am so excited that you linked this up to Well Crafted Wednesdays because now I have the recipe saved forever :)

20. Barbara says:

Add the word “cups” for the measurement of the mini marshmallows. Recipe sounds delicious. Wish there could be a sugar-free version.