Placemat: Morning Checkoff List for School (Free Printable)

August 14, 2012 by 21 Comments

We chatted the other day about how soon school will be starting back…we’re definitely in the countdown!  My sweet B’s are getting excited and today when I made this Morning Checkoff List for School, they were totally tickled.  I’ve included this document in a free printable in case it’s something that may help your family, too!  I have no idea what to expect from our morning routine, besides church, we haven’t ever had to be out of the house early.

I was given the Fellowes Saturn2 95 Laminator to try out and it worked perfectly.  My favorite feature is the double-walled insulation to keep the heat inside, my sweet B’s touched the machine and it was no big deal. It did a great job laminating smoothly and consistently because of the hot/cold laminating capabilities, and should I ever need it, there’s a jam release lever so I can recenter or remove easily!

I typed up my Morning Checkoff List for School printable in black, but adjusted and saved it in a more gray-scale for those of you printing at home.  I had my Morning Checkoff List for School, printed as an 8×10 at a photo lab.

I used double sided tape to attach my 8×10 to a colorful sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper.  Then I centered the paper inside a letter-size hot laminating pouch and placed it at the front of the laminator.  The rest was done for me in seconds time!

I’m going to use our Morning Checkoff List for School as place-mats in the morning,

And since the photos were laminated, my sweet B’s can use a dry erase marker to let them check off their finished tasked each morning.  Little B convinced me that she could start using it now because only the last two aren’t applicable, the rest still apply!

And when they’re at school, I can erase the marker so we can start fresh the next morning!  Any tips for our family as we start our new school!?!?  Only sweet words pretty please…I’m a bit emotional!  I’ve already arranged to have lunch with a few of my mommy besties to ease my nerves!  I know what God has laid on my entire family’s hearts is not a mistake, He is trustworthy!  XO, Aimee

Cute Mason Jar Teacher Gift Idea Free Printable Tag

Comments

21 Responses to “Placemat: Morning Checkoff List for School (Free Printable)”
  1. what a great idea! I have made a day schedule/chart in the past with just pictures (for my 2 year old!)

2. michelle says:

i luv it! i’m going to steal ur idea and make one for my lil guy. and if He has laid this on y’all’s hearts, it will be perfect. i know i was so worried about my son last year (kindergarten) i told my hubby i would give it one year and if it didnt work out it was private parochial school. we LUV it, seriously the best thing ever – if he were offered a scholarship to a private parochial school i wouldn’t move him. it has been so great for him.

3. Libby says:

What a fantastic checklist! I love how it keeps kids accountable, gives them a sense of responsibility, AND it’s super cute. :-)

4. Debbie Jo says:

Wow, thanks for the tip on the laminator! Not only did Staples give me $30 off, it gave me $60 off and free delivery! This one fixes the biggest problem with laminators: what to do when something gets stuck, and things get stuck a lot. I’ve tried taking them apart with only marginal success, so I’m thrilled with this, can’t wait to get it and get rid of my old ones!

5. Emily says:

Your sweeties are going to do GREAT!! I’ll be thinking about you and sending prayers your direction, but I know your kids will adapt beautifully!

This is such a cute printable!! I kinda need this for MY mornings :)

I’m on my phone, but I’ll be pinning when I log on to my computer.

6. Yvonne says:

I immediately pinned this! I love the layout – I love the design – I love the content. We are a year-round homeschooling family, so the one about backpacks and lunches doesn’t really fit our needs, but the rest is great. Thank you so much for sharing this fun and creative way to get through the morning :)

7. Jeanette says:

Aimee,
    My family’s story is a bit opposite of yours in that my oldest daughter (now 21 and married) went to public school from preschool through 3rd grade, and then we began homeschooling. My children at home are 15, 8 and 5, and we are heading into our 12th year homeschooling-yikes! How did all those years get by me?? : )
    Anyway, I just want to send you some support and encouragement as your family “shifts gears”, so to speak. Life changes, families change and grow and I applaud you for keeping your focus on what the Lord is leading your family to do. You just can’t go wrong! You’ve given your kids a great foundation to take into their future. I don’t know if we will homeschool “forever”, either. But like you, I will keep my eyes fixed on the One who will lead us to the very best for each new phase of life.
    Blessings to you and your family!

8. Great idea! This is a great way for me to follow up with my kids vs. asking or nagging all morning.

9. Kelly says:

Great idea,
    I was only saying to my son last week that he needed a check list. He is older , but he has missed his bus twice in the last three weeks. (He has never missed it before)

Kelly

10. Rose clark says:

Love your mat. I have a machine also and love it. I make place mates all the time for my grandchildren and the students in my day care. I use the back so you have two different ideas. I’m frugal and love to always stretch anything. On the back could be abcs or multiplication tables a picture of your child I just love using both sides. I am an art teacher.

11. Rhiannon says:

Hi, I’m here from the Young and Crafty Free for All.
    This is such a cute idea! I absolutely love it and think the kids would too! I may have to try this with my older girls.
    I hope you can stop by for a visit.
    Rhiannon at being mom{me}

12. Mo says:

Visiting from tatertots and jello – this is a great idea! My almost-4-year-old is getting ready to start preschool and I think we need something like this. But with pictures, I guess. anyway, really cute.

13. love love love this idea! thank you for sharing! ♥ much love

14. This is such a great idea! Love it!

15. Katie says:

I really really love these they are so cute!!! They are great for getting back into the routine of things. Do you happen to have a homeschool one??? I guess you just leave out the grab your lunch and bookbag :P

16. While we’ve had a checklist, it’s just inside a plastic sleeve, so it gets tossed aside during breakfast. I adore this placemat idea and have not only pinned it but also linked to it in a back-to-school post I’m working on at thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com.
    Thanks,
    Bonny

17. Renee says:

What a great idea! What font do you use for the list? it is perfect for this project!

• Aimee says:

Hi Renee! I used fonts within PicMonkey, Budmo Jiggler and Shadows into Light Two. Thanks for your sweet note…I hope you have a great week! XO, Aimee

18. Love this. What a great idea. I already have placemats for my boys but this would be really cute for the wall in my boys share room as they walk out…And yay for PicMonkey!!

19. Marylin says:

Is there anyway I can have the same print out but in black?