08/26/12

Simple Tips: Cleaning a Dishwasher

I love simple tips!  My mother-in-law and I chatted for a bit while I sat under the dryer with a head full of foil at my hairdresser!  At nine in the morning, she had already been up for hours deep cleaning her home…I admire her so much!  One thing led to another in our conversation and before long it was mentioned that her clean dishes were coming out of the dishwasher with a film on them as if the soap wasn’t fully rinsing clean.

Simple Tips - ItsOverflowing

Real Simple

I was so excited to tell her about a tip I’m anxious to try….according to Real Simple magazine, empty one packet of Lemonade (that’s the only packet flavor that works…the citric acid in this flavor is important), then run your empty machine through a full cycle, when finished, the lime deposits and iron stains should be gone…and hopefully the film, too!  Such a helpful tip!  What are your favorite Simple Tips?!

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. Thanks for hosting a great party!

2. Hi Aimee,

I periodically clean my dishwasher and washing machine (the first weekend of October and April)as well. It makes such a difference.

Thanks for hosting,
    Laura

3. Hi Aimee,
    Thanks so much for hosting.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

4. Jessica @ Dear Emmeline says:

Thanks for hosting Aimee! 🙂

5. Thanks for hosting Aimee!

6. jen lossing, the consigner designer says:

Thank so much for hosting. I am dying to hear how the Lemonade pack worked in your dishwasher. I have wanted to try this but have been hesitant!

7. Maya says:

Hi Aimee!
    I am new to your blog and party and already loving it!
    Excited to find out more great posts!
    Best,
    Maya

8. Not sure if someone already mentioned it, but LemiShine works great too! (in the dishwashing product aisle) We have very hard water so I use this with every load!

9. Thank you for the tips, I’ll have to try the lemonade in the dish washer. Thanks for the party!

10. Thanks for the super great party! Yes, I heard about the lemonade tip before too…I haven’t tried it yet!
    I hope you have a fantastic Sunday!

11. Thanks so much for hosting, Aimee. So excited to link up with you!! I hope you are having a Blessed weekend! 🙂
    Hugs,
    ~Theresa

12. Kathy Moody says:

Thank you so much for hosting! 🙂

13. Heather@French Press says:

fantastic features from last week – that kitchen is adorable:)

thanks for the party

~heather

14. Aimee, Thanks so much for hosting! Life to the full, Melissa

15. I am going to have to try that out.We have a stainless steel lined dishwasher and it has a film all over it. I will let you know how it works. Thank you so much for hosting.
    Have a blessed week!!
    Angelina

16. Aimee, that is such a great tip! Thanks so much for sharing and for hosting this awesome party. Glad to link up!

17. Lyuba says:

Thank you for the party, Aimee!

18. Kim says:

Thanks for hosting, Aimee.

19. K Coake says:

Thanks so much for hosting! I hope the rest of your weekend is fantastic.

20. Great tip! Thanks for hosting!

21. Thanks for hosting! Have a great week!! 🙂

22. I have never heard of this, but I could see how it would work due to the lemon. I have pinned this idea to try in the future. Thanks for sharing! By the way, I hope you’ll let us know if it worked for your MIL.

23. Hollie @ I'm Busy Procrastinating says:

Happy Saturday! Thanks for hosting, as usual! I’ve heard that the Kool-Aid lemonade — or other powdered lemonade, for that mattter — is great for cleaning a dishwasher. I need to perform the same sort of procedure (only using a different technique, of course) to my clothes washer soon. Ick.

24. Angie@Echoes of Laughter says:

Hi Aimee! Thank you so much for hosting this party! Hope you are having a fabulous weekend with your family! Love your blog! Angie xo

25. Awesome dishwasher tip Aimee! And thanks so much for hosting this party, my friend. 🙂 Have a great weekend!
    Vanessa

26. FABBY says:

I like the tip about the Kool Aid, thanks for sharing it with us. Thank you for hosting yet, again another great party! Enjoy your Sunday.
    FABBY

27. Thank you for hosting!

28. Ricki Jill Treleaven says:

Nice tip about the Kool Aid! I will try it. I will link up something neat next week….I have not posted about it yet!

29. Nici Higby says:

Thanks so much for hosting, Aimee. Hope you’re having a great date night!
    Hugs,