09/20/12

Fall Porch Decorating

Fall Porch Decorating is so simple.  Pumpkins are an adorable, affordable touch for every porch!  My front porch has been begging for some love.  The weather has been absolutely perfect so I decided today was the day!

I did the unthinkable and broke the stems off of two of my mini-pumpkins, then stacked them together!

I told you about my stylin front porch right after I bought this white bench.  I still love it.  The stacked pumpkins sit perfectly in my new-to-me bamboo tray. So new, I think the price tag may still be on the tray, but that’s there purely for bragging rights.  This was a 50% off day goodwill find, $2.25 works for me!

And just in case you’re totally like me, the book in the tray is Ruthless Trust by Brennan Manning.  I’m just beginning it or I’d give you my thoughts.  Have you read it!?!  Anything by Brennan Manning?

If you were to stop by for a visit, after sitting on my porch and chatting for a while, I’d invite you inside…and this is the wreath you’d see on my front door.  It was easy to throw together, however anytime you’re working with sheets of dried moss, outdoors is preferred.

I cut the sheets into long strips, wrapped the foam, and used my hot glue gun to affix it in place.  Then I cut a strip of drop cloth from my scrap fabric drawer.

I accordion folded it then loosely wrapped it around the wreath and tied a bow around it to keep it in ruffly and in place.  I used my hot glue gun to hold some mini craft foam pumpkins on my Fall wreath as well.

And if you’re checking out my front door for the first time…my DIY Door Jewelry is my favorite porch accessory!

I couldn’t share my porch without including my ugly pumpkins with long stems.  Most things in life are best beautiful.  Pumpkins are a fun exception!!  I love the misshaped, scarred pumpkins the very best!

What have you done for your fall porch decorating!?!  My sweet B’s can hardly stand waiting to start decorating these cute pumpkins!  Do you wait until Halloween to start carving your pumpkins!?

…………………………………………………………………………….

Join me on a walk through beautiful porchscapes…

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. Brittany @ Crafty Mischief says:

Beautiful wreath! And your porch looks lovely.

2. Lish says:

Love the stacked pumpkins!! I have yet to decorate…I’m a bit behind this year! But this is great inspiration!
    Lish @ Imprintalish

3. Heather@French Press says:

LOVE fall porch design – hope it cools of soon so I can get my pumpkins

4. Your porch is so pretty and inviting! I appreciate you for sharing your fabulous Fall inspiration and creativity at Potpourri Friday!

5. Sarah says:

I love the stacked pumpkins! Such and easy and fabulous idea. If you get a chance come link up at our Pin Party.

6. It’s such a beautiful entry! Perfect for fall. 🙂 Megan

7. Visiting from Craftberry Bush link party!
    Had a look around and I just love your style and your gorgeous pictures! Very inspiring! Im your newest subscriber. 🙂

8. I adore the stacked pumpkin look. Very charming!

Ashley

9. Katie {Sweet Rose Studio} says:

I’m in love with this porch! I love the “special” pumpkins too. 🙂

10. So so cute!!! I didn’t even realize moss came in sheets- shows what I know. Love your wreath. I keep saying I am going to get out my fall decor but have not yet! Argh

11. The porch looks so welcoming and festive. Love the stacked pumpkins…I have a small stacked set on the mantel. HAPPY Fall 🙂
    Shawn

12. Pretty! I love Fall porches. You give me inspiration to do something with mine…so far just dried up old oak leaves! I agree about the pumpkins. This will be my first year without pumpkin pallooza (I used to get to keep 40+ pumpkins for the cub scouts)…in fact hubby said to me, no job, no pumpkins…WHAT! Not possible….I will be on the side of the road with a “will sing for a pumpkin” sign.

13. I’m getting there…slowly working on the inside first…my ferns are still too beautiful to give them up…thank you for always inspiring…xo

14. Mallory Nikolaus says:

Aimee! It looks fantastic! I love the little stack of tiny pumpkins! SO cute! It all looks fabulous!

XOXO, Mallory

15. Melanie says:

Hi Aimee ~ I haven’t decorated my porch for fall yet, but I have some good ideas from blogs and Pinterest. Your white bench with the pillows and pumpkin is so cute.

16. Your porch looks lovely, Aimee! I haven’t finished my post for our front porch, but that’s coming soon. I love real pumpkins in any size or shape, but it’s still too hot here in the AZ desert. We would probably end of with “pie” cooked right inside the pumpkin!

• CAS and Laura…LOL pumpkin ‘pie’ on the porch is only good if there’s cool whip to go along with it! I think you’re both wise in waiting for the porchscape! It will be worth the wait! XO, Aimee

17. Laura Ingalls Gunn says:

Oh this is fall perfection at its finest! A truly cozy vignette.

While we don’t have much fall here in Phoenix I would love for you to stop by to see where I did find a bit of fall.

Have a blessed day!

18. Jessica @ Dear Emmeline says:

Love the wreath Aimee! Just the perfect amount of embellishments. 🙂

19. Kim says:

Aimee, I love your fall styling on the front porch. Great wreath and even your glue gun is cute.

20. OH it looks so pretty. I need to do something with mine. It still looks like summer. Love the wreath, it looks lovely on your door. Hugs, Marty

21. colleen says:

I love it Aimee!! You just inspired me to spruce up this very same wreath that I made last year. Good thinking : )

22. Beautiful! I love the moss wreath and the stacked pumpkins. Isn’t fall just the loveliest time of the year? 🙂

23. Emily says:

The hardest part of reading this was deciding which picture to pin!! They are ALL so lovely (as always!). You have such a beautiful, inviting home!

• I’m getting so many warm fuzzies this morning! Thanks sweet friends! Hugs to each of you!!! XO, Aimee

24. Ashley Richards says:

This is so cute and relaxing. I have been thinking about what I want to do. I plan to get busy on ours this weekend.

25. Cynthia says: