Vintage Chic Casual Dining, Fall Tablescapes

September 27, 2012 by 47 Comments

Fall Tablescapes are so much fun to create because there are so many natural elements available.  I am calling this tablescape, Vintage Chic Casual Dining.

Does the vintage galvanized pail filled with a variety of mini pumpkins look familiar to you?  I mentioned these a few weeks ago when I had a fabulous time searching through Thrifty Finds and Inspiration – Granbury.  The versatility of these pails totally excites me.  And the log was another special find, I have a little tutorial with a video to learn how to DIY this simple candleholder.

Similar to my Fall Mantel Decorating, I stacked three pumpkins to offer a little height to the end of the table.  So simple, although I did have to cut another pumpkin stem.  One stem was already broken.

Last Fall, when I shared my Chic & Rustic Autumn Mantel, I explained my simple steps to turning an old vase into a textured vase using jute.  Jute is classic and forever in style.  This vase will be a staple for years to come.

My candlestick holder, pumpkin in the picture above was a fun fifty cent find at a thrift store the other day.   I love the burn orange color and again the texture.  I store my jute in a mason jar.  I love when an item that usually needs to be stored away can be used as a decor element.

The glass beaded, candlewick style cake stand was an awesome TJMaxx find last year.  I use it all the time.  LOVE.   And the complimenting salad plates was another fabulous find.  My mother-in-law and I hit one of Dillard’s, additional 40% off an already 75% reduced.

True story:  I almost walked away from these plates that I use all the time.  They were about a dollar each and my sweet mother-in-law knew I was too focused on naptime and would totally regret not taking the time to make the purchase.  She bought every last one in the store for me…and then called around and bought a few more from a nearby store.  Too sweet.  And she was absolutely right, I’ve always loved candlewick crystal and this mixes perfectly with the pieces I already have, and the pieces I hope to have someday.

I showed you a tutorial on making my set of numbered glassware a few weeks ago.  I love that this is a totally fun trend and that it’s very functional.  I have up to six of them at this point, but I may have to take another five minutes and make a few more.  And to complete the mix of vintage and chic, I added a mini – tiger pumpkin to each place setting.  Later I will go back through and incorporate one of the following place card ideas for Fall Tablescapes.

A white pumpkin with a decorative leaf with your guest’s name attached to the stem with wire is a cute idea for a plate card when creating Fall Tablescapes.

Twig and Thistle

Or even more simple, grab a package of super cute thumb tacks and attach place cards to the pumpkins on guest’s plates.

Infarrantly Creative

I love creating tablescapes…here’s a link to see more of my tablescapes.

Comments

47 Responses to “Vintage Chic Casual Dining, Fall Tablescapes”
  1. Cynthia says:

Beautiful table. I love the bucket filled with pumpkins and the log with the candles. Beautiful touches.

Cynthia

2. Bronwyn says:

Oh! – the elegant meals we could have at your table! I love the mix of glassware and natural elements and the many textures/colours of pumpkins you have used. My fave part has to be the stacked pumpkins though -a little height and a whole lotta cute!

3. love the elements you used and the details (on the plates and glasses). Great table setting!

4. Amy says:

Love your table! Every detail is so nice! Love the stacks of pumpkins on the table and in the bucket. Great candle display also in the wood.

Happy fall day to you.

5. Shauna @Satori Design for Living says:

What a beautiful tablescape! I love the natural colors and simpleness of the details. I’m totally stealing that numbered glass idea! (P.S. Your blog is gorgeous and I’ll be adding it to my follow list for sure.)

6. Now this is Vintage-chic-casual for sure! Gorgeous..I am loving the stacked mini pumpkins! Those caught my eye! Great setting!

7. Courtenay says:

Candlewick! It gets me every time! I also love your twine in a jar, and the candle holder and the pumpkin stack.. and…and…and…

8. Lovely tablescape….what time is dinner?

9. Amy Renea says:

Absolutely beautiful! …and I love the story about your mother-in-law — mamas (in law) know best don’t they!

10. laurie says:

So pretty. Love the addition of pewter candlesticks and metal bucket. They are so unexpected and look lovely. laurie

11. Emily says:

Everything about this post is beautiful. Hooray for your MIL stepping in to save the day when you were too distracted – love those plates – and such a steal for $1!

12. A lovely tablescape, Aimee! I really like the jute twine wrapped around the neck of your vase–I incorporated that idea with a pretty green long-neck bottle I picked up at the thrift store last week!

13. Very pretty…soft, elegant and a bit rustic. Love the thumb tack idea- so cute!

14. A beautiful elegant table! Love your centerpiece……
    Blessings My Friend,

15. FABBY says:

Loving your table! All your elements and ideas are fabulous for this table and the centerpiece it’s lovely. I like all the little pumpkins every where and with the names, just great. Everything looks so elegant and a treat for us. Thanks for sharing.
    FABBY

16. Beautiful table! My fave is the repurposed wood with the candles.

17. Love this! I’m going to share a link to this post with my Facebook fans!

18. Your table is lovely! I am new here and have enjoyed my visit. Your attention to detail is what makes this such a special table!

~~Linda

19. Honey says:

It’s stunning! You continuously amaze me with your creativity! I appreciate you sharing at Potpourri Friday!

20. Gorgeous Aimee!!! Love the addition of the twine things and the little numbers on the glasses!! Perfecto!!

21. Your table looks sweet with the little pumpkins as well as elegant with your candlewick glass dishes and stemware.
    Mary Alice

22. Love how simple and pretty it is!

23. Your table looks beautiful! LOVE those plates! What a great mother-in-law. I passed up on many a great buy when mine were little and nap time was calling! Glad you did not have to miss out on those! Life to the full, Melissa

24. Beautiful table! I love those little tiger pumpkins – so sweet! I’d never seen them before but they’ve been popping up on blogs all over! I’ll have to go find some! Thank you for sharing! Hugs, Leena

25. Susan says:

Your story about your mother in law is so heart-warming. Table is just charming!

26. That is absolutely beautiful. I especially love the driftwood candle holder.

27. Hi Aimee! I am in love with the Candlewick and white ceramics combined with the rustic pails, jars and pumpkins. Very very nice, thank you for sharing!

Have a good day, Nancy

28. This is a gorgeous fall party table!!

29. Zuni says:

This is such a sweet table…often fall tables (mine included) get kind of busy. I love the simplicity that says “autumm.” ~Zuni

30. Paula says:

Your table is the absolute most gorgeous fall design I have seen. I love the warmth and elegance. This is such an awesome post. I would love it if you would share this post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us. :-)

Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

31. Ashley says:

I love the idea for placecards!

I happen to love the wooden log with the candles—how was that done? Or was that a lucky find?

Ashley
    theonewhereshedreams.blogspot.com

32. Nici Higby says:

Your vintage tablescape turned out so pretty! Love the vintage pots and the candleholder. Have a great week!
    Hugs,
    Nici

33. Yelle says:

What a gorgeous post, from top to bottom! I loved it!

34. Judy says:

Love the white dishes with your fall elements, soft and elegant yet so very fall.

35. I love the natural look to your tablescape. Usually, I love the rich traditional colours of fall but for some reason, this year, I want to go with more of a neutral/natural/rustic look for our Thanksgiving table (Canadian – this wknd) and your table has truly inspired me! So simple, yet totally pretty!

DD

36. Karen says:

It looks beautiful Aimee.

37. Hello, new follower here! I would love to have you link up with my Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick

38. Elise says:

Hi there! I’m going to start hosting a weekly blog hop on Sundays on my blog, WTFab. I’m looking for 4 co-hosts each week, starting October 14th and was wondering if you’d be interested! It’ll be a fun way to gain more followers and make new blog friends. If you want to be a co-host, you can email me at: whatthefab@gmail.com

39. This is absolutely stunning! We will be featuring this tomorrow!

Take care,

Trish

40. FABBY says:

One of the most gorgeous fall tables I have seen this fall! I love, love all the natural details you’ve used and the gourds as name-places. Have a great week.
    FABBY

41. Love your soft pumpkin colors. Looks like a watercolor tablescape.

42. I love all the elements and textures you used for a very eye pleasing tablescape.
    Mary Alice

43. Lucy says:

This is a very beautiful setting. One of the prettiest at the link up!
    What a great mother-in-law you have.

44. Scott says:

I like these ideas. If I have to decorate a table any time around Autumn I’ll be sure to use them. Thanks.

45. Your tablescape is beautiful, I love it! I actually included it in a Thanksgiving Tablescape roundup I recently posted, http://upcycledtreasures.com/2013/11/50-nature-inspired-thanksgiving-tablescapes/ :)

~Katie @ Upcycled Treasures