This post brought to you by Mars candy. All opinions are 100% mine.
Halloween is always a blast! The costumes and sweets make for such a laid back time of fun! This year we’re representing our favorite sports when we dress up, I can’t wait to show you the pictures…I’m trying to convince Stud to get decked out as a referee! We always enjoy our neighborhood Halloween Party…when it comes time for trick or treating, we own the street! I like to hand out Mars Halloween candy, they have tons of variety bags of candy that are individually wrapped and as a parent I feel good about that option. (I found a coupon on Walmart’s Page, too)! Recently we had a mini-family Halloween party and here’s how I set up…
I am totally obsessed with silver glitter spray paint! I went a little crazy with it!
Here are a couple of my favorite treats to serve at Halloween Parties…per my hubby’s request, chocolate is a necessity!
- Prep Time: 20 min.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Yield: Makes 10 mummies.
- 1 cup DOVE® Milk or Dark Chocolate
- ¼ cup M&M’S® Brand MINIS® for Halloween
- 1 cup prepared vanilla frosting
- 10 pretzel rods
- Waxed paper
- Cookie sheet
- Re-sealable plastic bag
- 32 oz. microwave safe measuring cup
- 1. Place the DOVE® Chocolate in the measuring cup, then microwave for 1-2 minutes. In 15-second intervals, stir the chocolate until smooth.
- 2. Line the cookie sheet with the waxed paper. Dip half of a pretzel rod in the melted chocolate, then set it on the waxed paper. Immediately place 2 M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies 1-inch down from the top for the eyes. Repeat with all the rods, then refrigerate until the chocolate sets.
- 3. In the meantime, transfer the vanilla frosting into a plastic bag and snip the corner so that there is a 1/2-inch straight opening.
- 4. When the chocolate is set, gently squeeze the plastic bag with the frosting in short straight lines over the chocolate so that they resemble mummy wraps. Be sure to leave the “eyes” and some parts of the chocolate peeking out from underneath.
Scary Ghost Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Decoration Time: 25 min.
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Yield: Makes 16 treats.
- 3½ cups chopped TWIX® Cookie Bars
- 10 pieces graham crackers
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, reduced fat
- 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 ½ cups prepared vanilla frosting
- ¼ cup mini M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies
- Ground chocolate cookies, optional
- Wax paper
- Sheet pan
- Wire rack
- Food processor
- 1. In a food processor or blender, pulse TWIX® Cookie Bars with graham crackers until fine.
- 2. Remove the mixture and put it in a bowl. Add the peanut butter and confectioner’s sugar to the bowl and blend together.
- 3. Divide the mixture into 16 pieces. Shape each piece into a ghost. If too sticky, add extra confectioner’s sugar as necessary. Place the ghosts onto the wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4. Heat the frosting in the microwave for approximately 10-20 seconds, until thinned and looking slightly like whipped cream. Place the ghosts on a wire rack over a sheet pan lined with waxed paper. Spoon the heated frosting over the ghosts until completely coated. If the unused frosting begins firming up, simply reheat it for 5 to 10 seconds. Place 2 M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies on each ghost for the eyes.
- 5. Sprinkle the ground chocolate cookies on a plate like it is “dirt” if you want. Nestle the ghosts in the “dirt”.
And here’s our Halloween Trick or Treat Bowl…ready to go!