10/23/12

How to Make a Pumpkin Garland

Before I share How to Make a Pumpkin Garland, I want to say a HUGE thanks for all the comments you left for me on my Fall Mantel post.  I’m glad you loved the deer cut-out!  Stud did an amazing job…I love my role as Vision Caster (sounds important)!  Several of you sked for a tutorial on my DIY Pumpkin Garland or Banner!?!  I’m so glad you asked!  Simple crafts are totally my thing and if it’s your thing, too…you’re going to love this!

When I’m shopping I like to keep my eyes peeled for miniatures because they always make great garlands.  These pumpkins were found at a local craft store for $5 (minus my 40% coupon).  Anything with a Styrofoam base is going to be the perfect weight for this project.  I stretched a piece of jute the width of my fireplace and use 1.5 times the amount to allow for swag and knots at the end.  I scattered pumpkins ever 2-3 inches along the jute until I was happy with the layout and then with a magazine in one hand and a hot glue gun in the other, I started on one end, using the magazine as my workstation and began hot gluing these cute little pumpkins across the jute, allowing the glue was dry before moving on to the next section.  The result…a Pumpkin Garland with a vintage flair.

This took  at the most, thirty minutes to create!  I love that I can use it for both Halloween and Thanksgiving.  And storing it will be a breeze, it’s very fuss-free!  Let me know if you find some cool Styrofoam shapes for Christmas…I’m on the prowl!  But not too much…I love enjoying each holiday as it comes!!!   My family is all about Halloween for now and this afternoon I had a treat for them…yep, I used my CAMEO again!  I decorated my pumpkins with vinyl monograms.  There are still several pumpkins left for my sweeties to carve…a family tradition!

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. Aimee, I’m so glad you shared this at our Get Your DIY on party! I’ll be featuring it at tonight’s party! Our sixteen week challenge has a weekly theme and tonight’s new theme is burlap. I’d love for you to join us again, the fun starts at 7:00 EST 🙂

2. April Hoff says:

Love this, Amy! So simple and cute! Thanks for linking up to the “Get Your DIY On” link up party! Come on back on Sunday for our burlap challenge!

3. This is so cute, Aimee! It looks perfect against your crisp white mantel! I’d love to invite you to share this at our Get Your DIY on Fall Party Challenge. This week’s theme is pumpkins and this would be perfect! http://www.confessionsofaserialdiyer.com/get-your-diy-on-pumpkins-features/
    Hope to see you there!
    XO,
    Christy

4. Susie @Bowdabra says:

Woot! We love this post! Thank you for sharing it in our Crafty Showcase last week. We are featuring you on our blog, Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest today.

Here is your feature http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/11/02/feature-friday-bowdabra-top-crafty-showcase-picks-21/#

Stop back over on Saturday and share more of your awesome ideas!

Have a great weekend!
    susie at Bowdabra

5. Laurie says:

I love the sweet and natural look of the jute and miniature pumpkins. Thanks for the tutorial!

• Ruth says:

This is such a sweet garland. I love the simplicity.
      Ruth

6. I love this!! It’s so simple yet creative…can’t get better than that! Looks great.

I would LOVE for you to link this up at my Ginger Jamboree Link Party!!

7. Hello! Thank you for participating at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase! 🙂 I host it every weekend so I hope you return to post more of your great things!

Have a great week!

xoxo,
    Marti

8. Holly says:

This is so adorable! Love how cute it is!! That is a perfect idea to keep an eye out for extra small(cute) things!! 🙂 Have a great week! xx Holly

9. Wow! Gorgeous stuff! I am your newest follower and was hoping that you would hop on over to my blog and return the favor!!

Thank you!
    Sarah

10. Marti says:

This is so cute! I’m always looking for great crafters! I’m hosting a SHOW-licious Craft Showcase I would love for you to be a part of! 🙂 http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2012/10/show-licious-craft-showcase-5.html

11. Vanessa says:

What an awesome garland. Now I want to go to the craft store. Thanks for the tutorial.

12. Brittany @ Crafty Mischief says:

So cute! I love the little pumpkins!

13. Amanda Tempel says:

That is so cute – I love it! When I see stuff like this, it reminds me of how much I wish we had a mantle 🙁

14. Super idea, thanks for the tutorial. Hugs, Marty

15. Kennesha says:

This is a great tute…thanks for sharing! So cute! Hey, did that rhyme? LOL…new follower coming over from Google+…now headed over to your Pinterest page to see what goodies I can repin! Happy Wednesday!

16. Kristin @ Simply Klassic Home says:

What a cute idea! Such a simple idea and it looks so pretty on your mantel.

17. Nici ~ Posed Perfection says:

This is adorable, Aimee. So simple and pretty.
    Hugs,
    Nici

18. I love this. Please link it to my linky party & anything else you have to share. It just went live a little early 🙂 Thanks, Peggy. http://diycraftyprojects.com/2012/10/whatcha-work-up-wednesday-5-linky-parties-are-back.html