Simple Tips: Garden Fingers

I love simple tips!  Do you have any DIY Projects you’re contemplating!?!  Tomorrow we’re getting a cold front and top on my list is pulling my ‘Oh So Tired’ Summer plants and then plant a freeze hardy variety.  I’m not good about wearing gloves  (I know, I should, but I feel like they get in the way of my getting the job done effectively and efficiently.  What to do?!  Slide your fingernails across soap to prevent dirt from collecting underneath!

Simple Tips - ItsOverflowing

What are your favorite Simple Tips!?!

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

1. Aimee, I am not one to wear gloves either, and I always regret it when I am trying to scrub the dirt out from under my nails! I will have to remember this! Thanks for hosting! Life to the full, Melissa

2. I’m one of those who doesn’t like to wear gloves, great tip!
    Thanks for hosting, enjoy your weekend Aimee!

3. thank you for another party! fabulous features u got & love your soap tip :)

4. Thanks for hosting, Aimee! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

5. Thanks Aimee, have great weekend!

6. Hi Aimee! Thanks for hosting your amazing party and have a great weekend : )

Love Always,

7. I am not good at wearing gloves either :) Love this soap idea and can’t wait to try it! Thanks so much for hosting Aimee!

8. Sarah says:

Thanks for hosting every week! Hope you have a great weekend :)

9. I agree with you about the gloves. There is just something about using your hands that seems to work better for me. Thanks so much for hosting! Have a great weekend.

10. Chrissy says:

I never like to wear gloves either and the soap trick is what I do too. That is if I remember before I go outside and get inspired to just work :O maybe I will put soap in the shed? This is my first party participation, thanks for hosting such a great party.

11. Thanks so much for hosting Aimee!

12. Thanks for hosting!

13. Thanks Aimee for hosting!! Hope you have a beautiful weekend! It is much cooler here and I will be cuddling up next to the fire tonight checking out all your fabulous links :)

Blessings – Sara

14. Thank you for the party, Aimee!

15. Thank you for the party Aimee! I always find great blogs here, and look forward to it every Saturday morning.

16. I don’t like glove either, so thanks for the soap tip! And thanks for hosting! :0)

17. Mary says:

Just found your site through Bloggy Moms Blog Hop and am now a follower! So many great ideas!

18. Wow, I wish I’d known about that at the beginning of gardening season! Great little tip, and I’ll remember to do it next year. We had a few snowflakes here today, so you know what is on its way!

19. I would not survive well in a cold climate. It dropped to the low sixties this morning and I had to find a sweatshirt! Love the garden tip. I also use creamy petroleum jelly to protect my hands and nails. Thanks for hosting!

20. Love everything! All these great ideas! I linked up Holy Guacamole-check it out :)

21. So much wonderful inspiration! I’ve added my Candy Corn Terra Cotta Pots. Happy October!

22. Terry says:

I never could wear gloves, either. That is, until I discovered the thin latex surgical gloves. They allow me to feel what I’m doing and work with little plants without accidentally breaking them. They keep my hands and nails dirt free. Give them a try!

23. Hey Aimee,
    Thanks for the party.

24. Oh my gosh. I just found your blog. What great ideas….thanks.

25. Thank you for hosting!!

26. Love this tip and pinned it! Thank you. And I am in love with the “girlie” ghost treat bag….how cute is that?!

27. Linda says:

How genius! I usually forget to put gloves on, or when it is hot, I cannot be bothered and I always have dirt under my fingernails. I am going to try this, as long as I remember 😉

Can’t wait for it to warm up so I can get started on my veggie garden :)

Thanks for the tip!

28. Theresa says:

I’m an instructor in Cosmetology and I use this trick to whiten the nails as well!

• Oh my goodness! That’s brilliant Theresa!!! I’m going to try this week! XO, Aimee

29. Thank you for the party.