10/29/12

Simplistically Elegant Tablescape

We had our first night below freezing and all the grocery stores are now stocked with shelled nuts….it’s officially Fall!  I picked up a super cute berry container a couple months ago and it’s way too cute to be stashed on the top shelf in my kitchen until Spring.  It transitioned into Fall right along with me.  Have you started thinking about your Thanksgiving table centerpieces yet?!!  Here’s how I have set mine…

I’ve had this pumpkin for ten years.  Long ago it was a bronze color, but it changed to white pretty quickly.

My table stretches long.  It’s hard to find a table runner that’s the right size.  Years ago I found a heavy white fabric perfect to use to make a customized table runner.  I use it all the time!

My corn husk turkey  compliments the almonds so well.  I found him for $2 at an estate sale and the detail on him is so impressive.

You may remember my ZGallerie Candle holders.  I use them all the time.  This season, they’re super cute pumpkin holders!  I’ve told you before that I absolutely love being able to recycle my Halloween pumpkins and use them for Thanksgiving, too.  I’m doing that again this year!

I chose vases in a variety of heights.  And I used nature to offer me a brilliant bone colored foliage.  I used this also on my Vintage Chic Tablescape…love it!  I’m totally shocked that it has lasted for over a month…and a portion of it wasn’t even kept in water this entire time.  I  would have been willing to pay for something that lasts this long!

Peek-a-boo into my family room!  Oh and faded out in the distance, you may have noticed my barn canvases on the wall.  Don’t let me forget, I still want to post those images so you can print your own…I also have something new to share with you…

I drew some leaves for fall and want to share.  They’re kind of whimsical and fun.  I’ll tell you where I found the frames and mats, too.  Oh how I love a good deal!

I think that’s everything.  You already know how I painted my chandelier and where I picked up my mirror, right!?!  So what about you, what are your thoughts for decorating your Thanksgiving Table?  Are almonds your favorite, too!?!  On November 1st, I’m going to start posting daily on my facebook page “I’m thankful for____!”  I’d love for you join me and add a comment below my daily post on my fb page sharing what you’re thankful for, too!

This time of year is great for refocusing on what truly matters!  Here are more tablescapes for you to enjoy.

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. I am all about simple and I think your tablescape is awesome. What a great idea (I am new to your site) to simply paint items for your themed/color-schemed table. Currently our giant dining table is dark wood and the white table runner is perfect for lightening it up. Thanks for the great ideas!

My parents had an oval mirror exactly like that.

2. Courtney says:

Very charming!! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

3. Jen says:

Love! Everything is gorgeous!

4. Love, love, love the white and neutrals together. So crisp and clean. Those almonds and that Anthro (I’m guessing) fruit basket look great together, too. I never would have though to use that fruit basket for nuts.

Such a pretty dining space. Thanks for sharing.

5. Absolutely gorgeous !! your table is really super !! Guemalde

6. Jenn says:

It looks beautiful Aimee! So simple and inviting!

7. Suzy @ Worthing Court says:

Ooooh, Aimee – I just love the white and natural mixed together! Thank you for linking this up to the Better Late Than Never Thanksgiving bloghop.

8. Beautiful Aimee! Love the neutral colors and how simple it is.

9. So serenely beautiful. xo marlis

10. What a pretty tablescape, Aimee. I love the white with all the natural shades of tan that you’ve used–it’s lovely against the dark wood of your tabletop.

11. Jill Flory of Sew a Fine Seam says:

That is a lovely tablescape! I love those berry containers too – I think I need a few of them!

12. I love the clean lines of your tablescape. We just found out we’re hosting this year, so I am in desperate need of this kind of inspiration!

13. Just stopping by to invite you to My Wednesday Linky party. http://diycraftyprojects.com/2012/10/whatcha-work-up-wednesday-linky-party-6.html

14. This is amazing! Love the colours.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

15. Carlene@Organized Clutter says:

Very nice. The little turkey in the wire pumpkin says Thanksgiving along with the nuts and white pumpkins.

16. So, so gorgeous Aimee! You’ve captured the essence of Autum and kept everything simple and elegant which is perfect for focusing on truly giving thanks. Just lovely my friend! 🙂
    Vanessa

17. Laurel@chippingwithcharm says:

So bright and pretty…love that metal pumpkin white, great idea 🙂

18. Moni ~ Zu Haus at Home says:

Pretty Table Decor….love the white and natural elements!

19. Amy says:

Your table looks so pretty with all of it’s white and natural details. Lovely…

20. Shauna @Satori Design for Living says:

Loving all the white! We’ve already had our Thanksgiving, but I still enjoy seeing what everyone in the US is up to. It also reminds me to be thankful everyday and not just during the holidays.

• Thanks Shauna!!! You are so right, being thankful always is totally what it’s all about! XO, Aimee

21. FABBY says:

What an amazing Thanksgiving centerpiece, wow!! Thanks for sharing this artistic and gorgeous and unique centerpiece! Big hugs,
    FABBY

22. Ashley Richards says:

I just love this look. Neutral colors and those nuts just look amazing. Great job!

23. Back for Seconds says:

Aimee!! Absolutely stunning! I love the white!

24. Monica says:

Yea…so excited about Thanksgiving and love your white pumpkins!!

25. Your table looks lovely Aimee! So pretty with all the white, just lovely! You’ve also done a great job drawing those leaves for the wall art – very nice!

26. Kathy says:

Love your centerpiece. The neutrals look wonderful!

27. Jenny says:

Elegant and festive! You have a knack, girl!

28. This is just so lovely, simple, elegant and thoughtfully put together. I love the repurposing that you do. Thanks.

29. Cranberry Morning says:

So pretty! I love all the neutral color there. Makes it so elegant. I love having a basketful of mixed nuts in the shell when the little grandsons come to visit. They sit next to the stove and crack them and eat all afternoon!

30. Your table looks amazing. I love the white and using the pumpkins on the candlesticks. Perfect. Hugs, Marty