Trick or Treat Bags for Halloween, Kid’s Craft

October 10, 2012 by 11 Comments

I appreciate a craft that serves a purpose!  This weekend, our family had fun painting trick or treat bags together.   We’ve recycled our plastic pumpkin ‘trick or treat bags’ for so many years that last year, two of the handles were broken off.  The other day, I saw Halloween bags at a local craft store for 99cents, I threw them in the cart and picked up a couple bottles of fabric craft paint for a kid’s craft I knew my family would enjoy this Halloween.  When I pulled out the paint, there were squeals of excitement.  Are your kids that way!?!  In this house painting is the craft that ranks the highest!  Each of my sweeties chose what they wanted to create and couldn’t wait to start moving the paint around on their canvases!

Daddy drew the boys designs on paper and then transferred it with chalk to each of their bags.  Big B wanted a skull and Little B chose a  big bat.

Little B had her own image in mind and quickly got to work doodling it onto paper. Daddy helped her transfer her idea onto her bag.

Little B and I had fun painting her girlie ghost!

As they painted, there was lots of chatter about filling their trick or treat bags with lots of candy!

Big B and Little B both chose to use the neon green fabric paint!

Little B Painted her entire bag and then once dry, covered it with a natural colored glow in the dark fabric paint.

Tah dah!

Trick or Treat Bags:  Little B’s Girlie Ghost, Little B’s Big Bat, and Big B’s Scary Skull

Now if I could just convince my little trick or treaters that it was time to decide on their costumes.  This is the first year that we aren’t going with a family theme.  They are having a blast with the endless possibilities!!!

Comments

11 Responses to “Trick or Treat Bags for Halloween, Kid’s Craft”
  1. Nici Higby says:

So, so cute! I love the bow on Little B’s ghost bag. Have a fun day!
    Hugs,
    Nici

2. Emily says:

Cute! I like the skull bag. This is a great idea because these bags will be much easier to store than those bulky plastic pumpkins.

3. micupoftea says:

What fun, Aimee! Bet the kids were thrilled…nice memory :)

4. Jennifer says:

Super cute! My boys would love these!

5. Danni Baird says:

What a fun and easy project for kids! I love it when i can get the kids in my life involved in some crafts!

6. What a fun family night! Looks like the kids loved it and now you have personalized bags for the holiday. Perfect!

7. Michelle says:

I’ve been looking for the perfect craft for our pre-Halloween costume party and this is just the thing! Loved it! Pinned it! Gonna do it! :)

8. Mariel says:

I’m always looking for fun Halloween crafts for my kids. I love this! I would love to have you stop by ‘Or so she says…’ today and share some of your great ideas with my readers! The ‘Your Great Idea’ link party runs every Sat through Tuesday. Hope to see you there! http://www.oneshetwoshe.com

9. What a cute craft, and a great way to allow kids to be creative with a halloween bag!! Just posted on Craft Gossip, Happy Halloween!

10. Looks like fun was had by all! Great job!