11/25/12

Advent Tree with Corresponding Verses Printable

I made the most simple Advent Tree this year and we can hardly stand waiting a few more days for December to get here!  On my last IKEA shopping trip, I found cute white star ornaments.  They are really no more than a star cut out of paper a little thicker than poster board, hung with a white ribbon.  I numbered each from 1 – 25 and printed off a 4×6 verse sheet (see below) – to print, drag the verse picture to your desktop and upload it to your pictures…print at home or send it off to the lab.

Here’s my cute little advent tree.  I am keeping it near our kitchen table so that we remember to keep up with our reading all 25 days!  I’m still finishing up little bits of decorating, but as soon as I get a chance I’ll give you an entire house Christmas Tour.  I loved sharing my Christmas House Tour last year.

Each night after dinner we will add a star to our Advent Tree and together read the verses for the day!  I love this time of year…perfect opportunity for being intentional with my sweeties!

Linking up at: Savvy Southern Style, Between Naps on the Porch

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. carey says:

This may be silly, but what verses do the 1st thru 3rd refer to? I can’t read the font – which book is referenced?

• Not silly at all, cursive doesn’t always show up well on computers! It says, (Is) Isaiah! XO, Aimee

2. Such a great idea and so sweetly put together. Thanks for sharing!

3. I love this idea and will use it for Advent 2013. A book a day and a Bible verse a day – Perfect. Took all my stress away planning for next year. Love it!

Alyzabeth’s Mommy for Four Years!

4. This is a wonderful project! I love the way you’ve incorporated the verses into your daily routine!

Hugs,
    Antonella 🙂

I linked over from the Tuesday Talent Show where I’m participating as well!

5. Sara says:
  6. Hi! Just came over from At Home in the Northwest to see your advent verses. Thanks for sharing these. I love this idea. I’ve pinned them for future use 😉

7. Lolly Jane says:

So darn cute, Aimee! Featured it today! XOXO

8. What a great idea! I’m pinning…
    Always good to remember Jesus this time of year… !

hugs x
    Crystelle

9. Sara says:

Pinned it! I’d love for you to come share at my link party!

10. Love your advent tree. Such a great way to keep the family’s focus on the reason we celebrate.
    Mary Alice

11. This is such a cute idea!

Fotini

12. So cute, love this little advent tree!

13. denyse@crazy beautiful life says:

HI Aimee! This is a fantastic project. Thanks for sharing it, it’s the best advent project I have seen in a long time and I might have to borrow this from you.

Hugs,
    Denyse

14. Emilou says:

Thanks for the idea along with the Advent verses. I am pinning this.

15. domoniqe @ a bowl full of simple says:

I love it! I’ve gotten away from the advent ‘gifts’ myself. I love the verses for each day. We also use an advent wreath and say a little prayer at dinner, but i’d be a great time to read one of these verses. We wrap all our favorite holiday books and pile them into a basket, one gets read each night.

16. this is really awesome and fast project…I can do it! pinning

17. Aimee! hi! I haven’t seen you forever! How are you? I love the Pottery Barn one of course. I wanted to work there one time but an old icky co-worker got on there so I said, ‘never-mind’. Silly huh? But I love their stuff but not their prices. 😮

I don’t do any decor stuff except for my mantel on my blog. I like to keep my home more private but I have been posting full-length body pics of my thrifty finds on each Monday. Stop by when you can. (ASAP) no …when you can. 😀

18. Kelly @ Semi Homemade Mom says:

I really love this idea. I’ve been looking for a simple way to celebrate advent with my kids that didn’t include them getting presents or treats! Now I’m kicking myself I didn’t pick up the little Charlie Brown Christmas tree at Goodwill the other day. 🙂

19. I love this idea and simple too!

20. Thank you for making it so simple by including the bible verses!! I’m doing this TONIGHT! My daughter came home from church so excited to look up bible verses this morning. So she will love this!

Jen
    athomeinthenorthwestblog.com

21. Jessica says:

Love your idea thanks for sharing!Do you mind sharing where you got your tree?
    Thanks Jessica 🙂

• My tree is from a few years ago…not sure where I bought it. It’s pretty basic, but I raised it’s height so that it would work in this pail (from our local feed store) with a bag of beans! XO, Aimee

22. Mel says:

very cute, thanks for sharing

23. Thanks Katie! XO, Aimee