Simple Tips: Working with Burlap

November 24, 2012 by 23 Comments

I love simple tips!  Have you ever worked with burlap or purchased burlap from a fabric store and it is too misshaped to actually use!?  The solution is simple!  Firmly, but gently, pull one string from the edge until it is completely removed from the burlap fabric.  The missing line will be obvious and can become your new accurate cut line (as seen in picture #2)!  Easy tip, right!  That’s ‘How to Cut Burlap Straight!’

I love simple tips!

What are your favorite Simple Tips!?

Comments

23 Responses to “Simple Tips: Working with Burlap”
  1. Thanks, I’ve just purchased a couple of rolls of burlap and will be decorating with it soon – I’ll remember your tip!

2. Thanks for hosting, Aimee!
    xo

3. Thanks so much, Aimee! Loved spending Thanksgiving with you and your sweet family.
    Hugs,
    Nici

4. Thanks so much for hosting, Aimee! Enjoy your weekend.

5. Sarah says:

Thanks for hosting Aimee! Love the features you pick every week :)

6. Quite helpful, burlap is very tough to cut straight. THANKS Aimee!

7. AnaMB says:

Hi Aimee!
    Thank you for hosting this party!
    I am linking my favorite mermelade – homemade grape mermelade, no sugar added, no preservatives or additives of any kind, only grapes grapes grapes ;)
    Have a great weekend!
    Ana@carpe_diem

8. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Aimee! Thanks so much for hosting!

9. Ashley says:

Thanks for hosting Aimee! Hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

10. Thanks for hosting Aimee!!! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

11. Raquel says:

Hello! Found your party from Tatertots & Jello! Love your site – new follower on Facebook & Twitter.

12. Meegan says:

Thanks for hosting every week Aimee. It is always fun to be here.

13. Hi Aimee! Thank you so much for featuring my gingerbread scones and grape jelly! I am so very grateful for the feature! This week I linked up my cookie projects from “Christmas Cookie Week” on my blog. Have a fabulous weekend! Angie xo

14. Tuula says:

Thanks so much for hosting Aimee! It’s always a fun party.

15. Hi Aimee! Thanks for hosting another great party! There are so many great ideas, I’m all linked up!

Have a crazy beautiful weekend!

16. Joy2Journey says:

First time at your party. Thank you for taking the time to host! Now to get back to seeing what everyone linked up :)
    Hugs

17. Lolly Jane says:

Thanks for hosting, friend! XO

18. Debbie says:

Hi Aimee, I so appreciate your tip, burlap can be a little uncooperative sometimes! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and thanks for hosting this week, as always.

Debbie

19. Doreen says:

I love working with burlap, and always try to cut it with straight edges, but never quite get it right. This is a great tip! Thanks!

20. Pendra says:

Great idea Aimee, thanks for sharing…I did not know that and I sew! It was like a *duh* moment!

21. Hi Aimee,
    Thanks for hosting.
    Debi

22. Thanks for hosting Aimee! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!