This has definitely been a year filled with SPARKS – my word of 2012! The highlights were God opening a new, awesome position for Stud in his career. The 3700 miles we traveled exploring lots of land between Texas and Pennsylvania – it almost convinced us we were meant to be nomads…our time spent traveling together was fabulous! And we learned that sometimes what doesn’t make sense to others is God’s best answer for our family – my Sweet B’s are thriving in their new school! For me personally, blogging has provided the perfect creative outlet! Here are some of my favorite posts from 2012!
1. In January, I introduced my photography tutorials and I was blown away by the response! Learning my SLR camera had been on my to do list for years, but finally with a bigger purpose in mind, I set out to learn and pass on what I learned with each of you. So many of us are blasting it with our cameras now…I’m totally amazed!
2. I also played around with Mod Podge (one of my favorite past times) and tinted some glass bottles. It was so easy to do. It’s been fun hearing about how friends plan on decorating their homes and using these jars and vases in their weddings!
3. Burlap, Burlap, Burlap…we can’t get enough of it, right!
4. We made it through another season of Family Pictures and several of you were sweet enough to let me know that these suggestions were super helpful for you!!!
5. Organization and storage is totally important…it totally makes me smile to know that this step by step picture tutorial on how to build a little desk helped so many of you!
6. I started a new series that I absolutely LOVE called Dreamy Dwellings. Each week I share a beautiful Dreamy Dwelling Home Tour and you can always come back and check out tours you’ve seen before and tours you missed under the ‘tour’ link at the top of my blog. Here’s a little peek at one of the Dreamy Dwellings.
7. We spent a little time talking about White Granite Options – so many good choices.
8. Based on how often you’ve stopped by for some ideas on Giving Gift Cards Creatively, I’ve decided I have some SUPER generous readers!
Creative Ways to Give a Gift Card
9. My Room by Room Christmas Decor was fun to share…and the response made me realize that it’s time for me to update my Rancher house tour…its been a year since it’s been updated…so much has changed!
10. And last, but not least…starting a second blog, Barns and Noodles | Simply Inspired Home Cooking has been totally rewarding!
2012 has been a blast…excited to see all that is in store for 2013!!!