12/01/12

Simple Tips: Sealing Plastic Bags

I love simple tips!  Yesterday, I hinted that we started some demo!  We’re working on the area in my house that is more ugly than our pink bathrooms!  My Laundry Room – Pantry!  At some point I envision coordinating containers for my dry products, like baking items, rice, and dry beans.  That day will totally rock my world, and you’ll be one of the first to know.  Until then, I have a simple solution to keep my open bags from making a mess!

Simple Tips - ItsOverflowing

1. I twist my open bag of food (powdered sugar), then insert it into the top of an empty, clean water bottle.  (I use a utility knife to cut the plastic along the top line of label).

2.  I pull the top of the sack over the bottle and use the cap to air seal the bag.  No spills!

What are your favorite Simple Tips!?

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. Hi Aimee, thanks for hosting! I love this tip. It’s one of those “duh” tips that you wonder why you didn’t think of sooner, isn’t it? Have a great week!

Debbie

2. Carrie @ My Favorite Finds says:

Thanks for hosting! Have a GREAT week. Doing our laundry room two summers ago was one of my FAVORITE home decor projects. Good luck!

3. Aimee,
    Thanks so much for hosting. Have a great week.
    Debi

ps I love this tip with the water bottle. Will you share it at this weeks Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Debi

4. AnaMB says:

Hi Aimee!
    Thank you for hosting this party!
    I have decided to link up our traditional table cener piece in Croatia – Advent Corolla. It has 4 candles – symbols for 4 Sundays prior to Christmas. At every Sunday dinner, family lights up candles; this Sunday we will light first candle, next Sunday two etc… These candles are put out not by blowing but with piece of bread dipped in wine, usually done by the youngest in the house.
    I also link traditional Nativity scene placed under the Christmas tree. It is assembled at Christmas Eve by whole family. The figures of Three Wise Men travel slowely toward Jesus’ crib untill Epiphany (Jan. 6th) when they meet Jesus.
    I hope you will like it!
    Ana@carpe_diem

5. Thanks for a great party, Aimee! Hope your weekend is fab! 🙂

6. Thanks for hosting!

7. Thanks so much for hosting!!

Fotini

8. Lolly Jane says:

Thanks for hosting, Aim! XOXO

9. denyse@crazy beautiful life says:

Hi Aimee! Great features this week. Thanks for hosting! I’m having a, “It’s a Social Hop like Crazy” party. I’d love for you to hop on over, grab a button and link up your blog.

Have a crazy beautiful weekend!

10. Thanks so much for hosting Aimee! Hope you’re enjoying your weekend 🙂

11. Jami says:

Thanks for hosting!
    Smiles!
    Jami

12. Monsterscircus says:

Hi Aimee! Wonderful features, and your mantel is just my taste, your so talented! Thank you for hosting and have a wondeful weekend

13. Thanks so much for hosting, Aimee! Have a wonderful weekend!

xoxo,
    Meredith & Gwyneth

14. Your post are always so Beautifully put together. Thank you so much for hosting and for also putting me back on the right track for the party 🙂 Have a Blessed weekend, Aimee.
    Angelina

15. Heather@French Press says:

Happy December – already! thank so much for the party and the feature:)

16. Thanks for another amazing party Aimee! happy December!!

17. K C @ The Real Thing with the Coake Family says:

Aimee, Thanks so much for hosting! Enjoy your weekend…hope it is a great one.
    KC

18. Shauna @Satori Design for Living says:

Your storage solution is brilliant. Thanks for hosting 🙂

19. Thanks for hosting!

20. Nici ~ Posed Perfection says:

Thanks for hosting! Hope y’all have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Nici

21. Thanks so much for hosting! I LOVE what you did with your mantle! Happy Christmas decorating! Life to the full, Melissa

22. You’re are always to creatively organized!

23. Bliss says:

I’m pinning that idea. Countless times this idea would come in handy for me, since I don’t have all those cute pantry containers either.

Bliss

24. ARod says:

thanks for hosting hope your having a wonderful weekend

25. Liz Fourez says:

Good Morning Aimee! Best of luck with you demo! I can’t wait to see your new beautiful space : )

Thanks for hosting!
    Love Always,
    Liz

26. Moni ~ Zu Haus at Home says:

Thanks for hosting…can’t wait to see your progress in the laundry room! xo