Room by Room Christmas Tour

December 17, 2012 by 58 Comments

I’m so glad you stopped by for a Room by Room Christmas Tour.  I love this time of year so much…by mid December…the Christmas Decorations are set, the gifts have been purchased (and mostly wrapped), and I’m able to relax and enjoy my family and the greatest gift of all…my Lord and King!   XO, Aimee

Merry Christmas…come on in!

Room by Room Christmas Tour -ItsOverflowing

Entry

I like to keep each of the frames in my family room filled with a standard picture and Christmas picture.  As soon as December arrives, I switch the prints inside the frames and enjoy memories from Christmas past.

DIY Santa Paitning ItsOverflowing

Did you notice the Santa painting above!?  Yep, made by yours truly.  I was inspired by the Retro Santa graphic at The Graphic Fairy – it’s simple…like plan this as a fun activity while your 7-15 year olds are home on Christmas break…that kind of simple!

Foyer with Christmas Lights ItsOverflowing

Living Room

My made-by-me mistletoe hangs above the doorway as you enter the living room…this is a lovey dovey holiday!

Christmas Mistletoe ItsOverflowing

I have made a few changes in my decor.  I moved my houndstooth pillows and deer antler wood fence cutout into the living room.  I also reworked my DIY anthropologie snowglobes with white trees for a fresh, snowy style.

DIY Deer Head Wall Art ItsOverflowing

DIY Anthropologie White Mason Jar Snowglobes - ItsOverflowing

I’m still loving my ‘JOY’ Christmas pillow, too.  The detail on the ‘Y’ totally makes the pillow!

White Reindeer ItsOverflowing

Dining Room

On the other side of the living room, is the dining room.  I painted the chandelier a couple years ago and it has been totally maintenance free.  Homes built in the 1950s offer a little less natural light.  Painting the chandelier definitely helped to brighten this space.

Reclaimed Wood Dining Room Table ItsOverflowing

Pine Cones on Chandelier ItsOverflowing

I found this rustic, reclaimed wood a few blocks from my home and couldn’t live without it….true story.  I have so many ideas looming in my mind for this piece, but for now it’s in it’s natural form on my dining room table.  (I shared on instagram when I first found this beauty).

Reclaimed-Wood-Table-Display-ItsOverflowing

Family Room

As I began thinking about how I wanted to decorate this Christmas, I knew I wanted to offer my family a place of peace and simplicity.  After a year of many transitions and lots of hustle, I wanted to wrap up these last precious weeks with a calm and cozy Christmas.  My inspiration piece was a DIY wool tufted anthropologie wreath…it was a perfect addition to my winter mantel.

Cozy  Comfort Christmas ItsOverflowing 6

Sweet Oliver!

Pom Poms Christmas Home Decor ItsOverflowing

My tree carries on a similar style.  I didn’t add all of my usual Potterybarn ornaments this year.  This year simplicity was my main focus for my Christmas tree and it came together so well with the addition of some homemade ornaments and some really cool finds at my favorite stores.

Photography-Christmas-Tree-Lights-ItsOverflowingblog

Easy Anthropologie Knockoff Cream Tufted Wool Wreath Tutorial ItsOverflowing.com2.jpg

This is the other pillow I made this Christmas, no-sew West Elm inspired.

Rocking Chair Christmas Home Decor ItsOverflowing

…and another instagram share…my turtle shell has been transformed from an estate sale guitar to my favorite decor.  Is it weird that I have wanted a turtle shell since I was fifteen!?!  I felt a little more normal about that dream when I saw a similar shell in the 2012 Southern Living Idea House.

Turtle Shell Home Decor ItsOverflowing

This homespun, empty can wrapped with burlap, ribbon, and yarn is totally endearing.  Home Depot was so sweet to offer as many cut limbs as I’d like so fir was totally free.  This miniature Christmas tree has sat on my marble table for at least ten days and is still green and fresh.  I filled the can with a bit of oasis so the sprig would stay in place and I’ve refreshed the water twice.

Miniature Christmas Tree ItsOverflowing

We have had a lot of nativity scenes over the years (still do throughout my home), but my sweeties favorite is definitely the Playmobil Nativity Set.  This is the first year for it to be my favorite, too.  Rather than attempt to keep the little pieces (that don’t stand well on their own) on display, I threw a basket on the hearth and filled it with the tiny pieces.

Playmobile Nativity Scene ItsOverflowing

Kitchen

The kitchen is my favorite upgrade in our home.  We were able to resurface the cabinets for pennies per door and make it fun to cook again!  After our Christmas party, I placed the decor in my window sill (anything to make washing dishes a little more fun).

Christmas in the Kitchen ItsOverflowing

I have a little tutorial for this awesome Wooden Christmas Tree that Stud made for me (coming soon).  There were several creative Christmas trees that inspired my own.  And the cookies…well, you’ll have to check out my easy recipe blog!

Room by Room Christmas Tour -ItsOverflowing

Girl’s Bedroom

This is Little B’s room.  I absolutely love her updated room…I have lots of pics to share soon, but there are still quite a few on the Christmas decor post I shared the other day.

Girls Bedroom Christmas ItsOverflowing 4

Boy’s Bedroom

And the boy’s room…well it’s simple for sure…their rustic red Christmas tree works great.

Boys Bedroom Christmas ItsOverflowing 5

Master Bedroom

I’ve loved this lit nativity scene for years (although my sweet Little B reminds me each year that their cloths were not near as lovely as they appear here).  So true…she’s a wise little ten year old!

Christmas Nativity Scene ItsOverflowing

I like to change the bedding in my Master for winter.  When I moved my houndstooth pillows into the living room, I tossed my living room pillows onto my bed.  I love them with my Restoration Hardware bedding – a fun Craigslist find.  And if you haven’t seen my Mr. & Mrs. wall art and you’re looking for a sweet DIY art for above your head, here’s an easy little tutorial.

Bedroom with Bench ItsOverflowing

I’m so glad you stopped by…makes me smile.  If you want to check out my 2011 Room by Room Christmas Tour you can see it all here.  And if you’re hoping to learn photography in 2013, I have a free photography course that has helped many and I’d love for you to give it a try, too.  Pretty photography is a gift that keeps on giving!

Linking up at: Savvy Southern Style, Between Naps on the Porch

Comments

58 Responses to “Room by Room Christmas Tour”
  1. Diana says:

Everything looks wonderful thank you for taking the time to share!

2. Very pretty Aimee! The amount of projects you’ve accomplished is impressive!

3. Jill Flory says:

It’s all so beautiful! And I love the turtle shell!!

4. Oh so pretty. I love all the fresh white you use and the reindeer silhouettes are fabulous. The one cut out of wood is so pretty and the pillows are gorgeous. Beautifully done with such a natural elegance. Hugs, Marty

5. Cynthia says:

This is all so lovely, the deer are just great. What a fabulous house tour, thanks for sharing

Cynthia

6. Your home is so pretty and peaceful Aimee!
    May your Christmas be extraordinary!

7. Kim says:

It’s all so pretty and cheerful, Aimee. Love all your Christmas pillows. So cute.

8. jen @harrison home says:

Everything looks sobeautiful!! Enjoy every moment with your family tthis holiday season!

9. So beautiful, bright, light, and peaceful…a great backdrop for a house full of happy noisy peeps.
    Enjoy your holidays in your beautiful home,
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

10. Bliss says:

How pretty are your branches! And what is sweeter at Christmas than seeing kids playing with a nativity scene. Finally one that isn’t hands off.

Bliss

11. I adore your house tour Aimee!!! Every single little detail is perfect! It all just feels so perfectly festive! I wish I could come over and see it in person, but this was the next best thing for sure! :) Thank you SO much for all of the great holiday inspiration! Uggghh I should really take some “house tour” photos of my place too… SOON! Not sure why I have put it off this long!
    Hugs!
    Jaime

12. linda says:

Thank you so much for inviting me in for the holidays! Your home is lovely and I really enjoyed the simplistic decorating themes. It feels very calming! Happy Holiday!

13. Beautiful, Aimee.. I love all of your Christmas touches throughout the house.

14. You have a beautiful home! I love all of your details (including and not limited to the basket of nativity pieces), and your photography is certainly a gift that keeps on giving. Thinking I will check out your course for 2013!

15. your home look gorgeous Aimee!

16. Angelina says:

I should of made me a cup of Hot Cocoa before I took the tour :) It was so warm and cozy and very festive indeed!!
    Thanks for sharing your home with us, Aimee.
    Merry Christmas.
    Angelina

17. Your house looks just beautiful all dressed for Christmas! I love the way you’ve made the whole house festive and welcoming. And I appreciate the way you’ve included so many hints of the birth of Jesus throughout your house. The introduction to your post really warmed my heart!

Thank you so much for linking to Home for the Holy Days!

18. Yelle says:

I must say, of all the decorations this time of the year that I have seen, yours is my favorite! I am smitten with all of your gorgeous details and your style. Especially the wooden deer cut out! You’re truly an inspiration!

19. Linda says:

Very Unique, and so Lovely!

Have a Blessed Christmas!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

20. Lisa says:

I am in love with all of it. The mixture of rustic and white is fantastic.

21. Meeha says:

Incredibly pretty! Happy touches of Christmas in every corner of the house :)

22. Deidre says:

I LOVE all of your decorations. So beautiful and peaceful. I can’t wait to learn more about that Santa painting. It looks difficult to do.

23. I love your style! I love your home! It looks gorgeous all decked out for the Holidays!

24. Gretchen says:

Every room is so warm and inviting. My favorite? Your family room. Love the white around the fireplace; love the tree. I just want to sit in there with a cup of cider and breathe. ;)

25. Sanghamitra says:

Very festive and beautiful natural elegance!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

Happy Holidays and Warm Seasons Greetings from Singapore~Sanghamitra.

26. Vanessa says:

Aimee everything is truly gorgeous!! I had to scroll up and down a few times just to soak it all in and you have incredible attention to detail. You’ve created not only a beautiful home but one that reflects warmth and love! Well done my friend! :-)
    Vanessa

27. Pam says:

I so enjoyed the tour! Your home is so pretty and fresh. You certainly have a way of decorating!! Due to poor health, I wasn’t able to do as much as I wanted in the realm of decorating this year, so these tours are helping fill in the gaps for me. I so enjoy them!

28. Your home looks beautiful! I love all the white! Visiting via the Nester’s!

29. Love your corner sink, and your home is simple and beautiful. Very nice! Popping by from the Nester’s party to wish you a very Merry Christmas!

30. Shannon Fox says:

You have just been ONE busy Christmas elf. Everything looks wonderful Aimee. Your tree though.. is stunning!!!!

31. Shauna @Satori Design for Living says:

It looks so fantastic! Love all the natural touches. If I don’t get another chance, wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas. xo, Shauna

32. Wow! What a lot of decorating! I love the sheets in the one bedroom, where did you find those? Resto bedding on craigslist? Score!
    You pulled it all together. Thanks for sharing.
    Nancy

33. I love your boys bedroom! I have two boys and they would love a room like that! Maybe 2012 will be there year ;) xo Kristin

34. I just love your decor – so fun and eclectic. There are so many unexpected elements that make it feel so homey and your fun personality really comes across in your decor :) Love it all!

35. meg says:

so beautiful!!! your home is lovely. stopping in from knick of time link party. i love your taste!
    megvcornwell.blogspot.com

36. you just have some of the greatest ideas and projects!!!!

37. Virginia says:

Wow! I love EVERYTHING that you did! I especially love the deer cutout.

38. LUCY says:

Oh Aimee…everything looks amazing…you have such a beautiful way to make simplicity look so elegant. Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us week after week.
    I hope you have a beautiful and blessed Christmas…talk to you soon my friend…xo

39. Maria says:

How pretty! I love all your decorations, and LOVE your dining table centerpiece!!!! Beautiful! Hope you have a very merry Christmas!

40. You have such a beautiful home Aimee! Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful ideas with us. I love all of the deer decor, my favorite! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas :)

41. Debbie says:

Your home is beautiful! I love all the details :)
    Merry Christmas,
    Debbie

42. Ana says:

Your home is so lovely! I love the quiet simplicity of your Christmas decorations. Everything just fits together so well.

43. beril says:

Beautiful Christmas decorations. So many pretty things. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas..

44. Tauni says:

What a lovely home tour. I loved all the modern white touches. Thank you so much for sharing on Show & Tell. Happy holidays!

xoxo, Tauni

45. Your home is beautiful and looks wonderful decorated for Christmas. I especially like the simple and earthy details and the deer cut out is gorgeous.

46. Your home is lovely – I especially like your Christmas tree’s neutral palette.

47. I like your style…I bet you and your family enjoyed a real Christmassy Christmas with the house looking like that!

48. Your home is beautiful! I love your style – non-cluttered, simplistic, and warm. The personal touches are wonderful, and the colors are perfect. Thanks for sharing!

49. Suzanne says:

Your ‘Christmas Decor’ is just lovely. The tree is my favorite, but then so is everything else. Very pretty!

50. Meshell says:

You have an amazing ability to think outside the box….you pulled off simplicity in a way I don’t normally see and have it “just work” .. .

51. Linda says:

Just lovely. A joy to look through. I’m so happy that you linked with us for All Things Christmas!! Love the pillows, the dining room chairs, and especially the Playmobile nativity set (I didn’t know they HAD a nativity set). How sweet. Best wishes, Linda

52. Reg Ality says:

“and the greatest gift of all…my Lord and King!”

Elvis?

53. Beautiful! :) I love how peaceful and bright it is.

54. Christine says: