Amazing Nursery Ideas

January 21, 2013 by 10 Comments

My baby sister is only a few weeks from her due date!  I’ve found myself thinking baby – baby – baby in anticipation!  So cliche, but my babies have grown so fast.  It’s hard to believe my little tiny baby is already six years old.  One of these days I’ll share some old nursery pictures, but for now, check out these Amazing Nursery Ideas!

……………………………………………………

Adrianne Lentine from Dream Book Design.  ‘My husband and I finally finished our sons nursery and are pretty proud about it. We did all of the board and batten ourselves, built out the closet to make a storage bench, and added all of the moulding and trim. All of the pieces in the room are either from Craigslist or auctions.’

How-to-Decorate-a-Nursery-2 Decorating-a-Boys-Nursery

I absolutely love the collage in this beautiful little girl’s nursery

Little Girl Nursery Ideas

Emily from 52 Mantels. ‘A peek inside an Aqua & Pink Bird-Themed Nursery’…

Nursery Roundup - ItsOverflowing

Sherry from Design Indulgence.  Great color scheme, so many great details and love those reused the old doors.

Nursery Roundup - ItsOverflowing

Buy Modern Baby.  Fabulous Gray and Yellow Color Scheme.  Love the striped wall!

Nursery Roundup-ItsOverflowing

Vivi Charles’ Nursery from Lay Baby Lay.  Whimsical Nursery Decor.  Love the Pattern Elements of the Room.

Nursery Roundup-ItsOverflowing

ReMade Simple painted the doors a fun color and left the rest of the room a little more subdued.  I love the chalkboard paint on the crib!

Nursery Reveal

Stylish Nursery from Trenna Travis Design.  In a world of toned down, earthy tones, I love that this room is all about Pop of Color!

Nursery Roundup - ItsOverflowing

Restoration Hardware magazines always share an amazing assortment of ideas like this wall of paper Papier-mâché animals.

Nursery Roundup-ItsOverflowing

And a little more…same designer….different style.

Nursery Roundup-ItsOverflowing

Gorgeous, right!!!  My sister’s due to deliver real soon… in the comments below, would you leave me the scoop on some of your favorite baby gifts so I can find just the right combination to gift my sister!!!

Comments

10 Responses to “Amazing Nursery Ideas”
  1. When I had my second son a friend gave us a sleeper from Kicky Pants. I loved the design and they were SO SOFT! Wished I had more!

Love the nursery’s, especially the one from design indulgence. I’ve seen that picture before bu could never find the source……

2. Suzy says:

Some of our favorites were the aden & anais swaddle blankets & the rock & play sleeper! Also love the baby gap soft pjs.. and basically any pjs that don’t snap! Now that it’s cold we are loving sleep sacs! Here’s a link to some of my little ones favs!

COngrats aunty!! Cuddling newborns is the best!

3. Susan says:

The first nursery had the exact same crib as Matthew had! I LOVED it!!!

4. Jill Flory says:

Oh I love nurseries! I wanted one so bad but we never had a room finished I could decorate as a nursery. All 3 of our girls slept in our room till they were at least 18 months old. not ideal but it’s what we had to work with!
    If you have a little niece she totally needs a pair of the ruffled leggings I make !!

5. Joyce says:

My youngest daughter is due to have her first baby next month and we are all so thrilled! She has put a darling chevron rug in the nursery and painted the changing table pink!!

These are all gorgeous nurseries!
    New Follower to your blog!

6. Thanks so much for featuring our nursery!!!! Hope your readers enjoy it as much as we do:)

7. Megan says:

So many beautiful nurseries! The best gifts I got for my daughter were a Sleep N Go Giraffe by Cloud B, Boon squeezable spoon, Wubbanub pacifier, and some pads to go over the changing pad so when there was an accident I didn’t have to wash the cover each time. :)

8. Lydia Wagner says:

Nothing is more special than a beautiful hand knitted or crocheted blanket. It is something that will be kept long after baby leaves the crib!

9. Casandra says:

I think every baby needs a handmade quilt. It spells love in every language!

10. J Young says:

Love all the cute ideas :) Gotta say, the Aden and Anais swaddling blankets are a must for me, love them!