Creative Car Tips and Tricks

January 7, 2013 by 15 Comments

Last week I rented a car which lead to a major brainstorming session of Creative Car Tips and Tricks.  I love how these ideas help simplify time spent on the road!

1.  Did you know that every car control panel I’ve ever seen has an arrow pointing to the side that the gas gauge is on!?!  Smart, right!

Creative-Car-Tips-and-Tricks-ItsOverflowing1

2.  Sew an oilcloth bag with ties for toy storage in the backseat.

Ideas for Car Trips

Tinkerfrog

3.  Keep your keys organized by adding a coat of colored nail polish to each key.

Tips for Car Trips ItsOverflowing

A Bubbly Life

4.  There are so many times when traveling with kids that I find myself in need of grocery sacks.  I love this DIY grocery sack storage solution…start saving those Wipe Containers!

Road Trip Organization Tips ItsOverflowing

Infarrantly Creative

5.  Keep a storage bin with car trip essentials: first aid kit, duct tape, jumper cables, paper towels, baby wipes, sun block, bug repellent, water bottles, snacks, and phone charger.

Storage Bin for Car

Large Canvas Storage Bin

6.  Plastic cereal dispensers are a perfect trash can…a clean car is such a dream with three kids.

Creative Car Storage and Organization ItsOverflowing

BHG

Lots of other household tips!!!

Linking up at: Savvy Southern Style, Between Naps on the Porch

Comments

15 Responses to “Creative Car Tips and Tricks”
  1. Debbie says:

Great tips Aimee, thanks for sharing them with us. I especially love the trash bags in a container from Infarrantly Creative. If you visit the link, she shows you how to load the bags so they pull out one at a time. Love it!

Debbie

2. I had NO idea about the gas gauge pointing to the side of the car!!

3. SmithShack71 says:

Cool. Now I wanna take a road trip!

-Angie

4. Nancy Carr says:

I love these ideas. Thank you for your blog and for sharing.

5. Doreen says:

What great ideas. I especially like the cereal container use as a trash bin!

6. Dimple says:

I never knew the gas tank thingy had an arrow that shows where the gas cap is! Thank you! My husband will be shocked I know this! :)

7. Jo-Anne says:

Oh the memories of car trips with my girls and the fights they would have over every little thing and of course the I’m bored and who can forget those dreaded words “are we there yet”…..lol

8. Jill Flory says:

Great tips! I like them all.

9. I did NOT know that tip about the gas guage and what side it’s on–wow!

10. Leslie says:

I just rented a car and had no idea which side the gas was on. Had read your blog that morning and voila when I put gas in during a rain storm there it was, the arrow on the gas tank! Thanks!!!

11. Are you serious?!! I never knew that about the gas gauge arrow. Gotta go check out my car. :)

12. sharlotte says:

Thank you for posting this! You inspired me to clean out my car and make a first aid box with all the necessary items! I love all the other tips too!

13. Jess says:

Thanks for sharing these great tips! I just wanted to point out that many older cars and also some makes of foreign cars do not have the gas tank indicator (like my 98 Subaru Forester).

14. Adam says:

Like Jess said, a lot don’t have the indicator. Keeping a trash container in the car is something that I got from my grandparents, always a good idea.

15. Kara says:

Wow I love the trash can Idea! my grandmother has more than enough of those cereal dispensers,time to grab one for my car!