Overflowing with Creativity 1/5

January 6, 2013 by 63 Comments

Last week my entire family was in Texas eating together at a restaurant (you may have seen the cousin picture on instagram).  My baby sister and her family of four left the next day for what should have been a 10 hour drive (road construction and an awful round of stomach flu made it a grueling 14 hours on the road).  Updates found at: His People Pray.

Pray for Anna and Mark, ItsOverflowing.com

After arriving home and spending a night in their brand new (old) home, my brother in law ended up in the ER, diagnosed with a ‘nasty’ (to quote the neurologist tumor specialist) brain tumor.  It’s a miracle that Mark didn’t have a seizure on this crazy long round trip.  I am amazed by the faith that God has given them.  They are scared, but also humbled and honored that God would entrust them to this trial.  They want healing, but only if it comes with growth.  This week is the beginning of a long journey ahead….

My parents, sisters (four girls in my family), and I caught flights out ASAP and spent the week loving on their baby girl and boy…AND…unpacking their new house.  Staying busy was therapeutic. Pray that their children will stay healthy (they’ve been passing the flu back and forth), that my baby sister (8 months pregnant) will have strength that surpasses all understanding, and for a miracle for my precious brother in law.  I’ll share more of their story soon, this will be a very long journey and your prayers are coveted.

I’m totally looking forward to relaxing this weekend and enjoying some beautiful inspiration from my sweet bloggy friends!  Thanks for sharing your Overflowing with Creativity Projects!

Thank you for always amazing me…you are always Overflowing with Creativity!

Comments

63 Responses to “Overflowing with Creativity 1/5”
  1. Jennifer says:

I’m so very sorry about your brother-in-law’s diagnosis. I can’t imagine the fear and uncertainty they must be experiencing. I will pray that God does indeed do a mighty miracle through this family!

2. Jenny says:

Aimee, the linky is showing up as code. I’m so sorry about your brother-in-law. My thought and prayers are with your family.

3. Aimee, I can’t imagine what you and your family are going through right now. I will be praying for your BIL’s full recovery and strength and patience for your sister. I hope the kids get better soon, too. You will have many praying!!
    Hugs,
    Nif

4. Diana says:

Aimee, I’m so sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in my prayers. Life is odd like that, one minute everything is good and the next it is upside down. As I’ve gotten older I have learned to embrace the good times no matter how small, because I know it can change quickly.

5. Jane B says:

Aimee, I am not a blogger, simply a blog reader (addicted at this point!) but did want you to know that your brother-in-law, and the whole family, will be in my prayers. I believe in the power of prayer and the more people praying, the louder the prayer. I will also pray for the doctors who are and will be walking this journey with him.

6. Oh Aimee – my heart goes out to your brother in law, sister, their children, you and your whole family. I will certainly pray for you all.

7. Liz Fourez says:

Oh Aimee, my heart breaks for all that your family is going through! I’m sure it brings your sister and brother-in-law peace that they have such great family around them, helping unpack and take care of their kiddos. Praying hard for you all! If you need any blog help while you’re away, I’d be happy to help.

Love Always,
    Liz

8. Janet Langley says:

Sending prayers.

9. Bronwyn says:

Oh Aimee! I am thinking of you and your bro-in-law because we have been in the exact situation. Long story short, my 6 year old son was diagnosed out of the blue with a fist-sized brain tumour last year. He had surgery immediately and is healthy and happy. I hope your family receives this kind of news about your brother in law!

10. Your family will be in my prayers. Thank goodness you were able to help this week by being there for them and their children….

11. So glad you are home safe and sound. We’ll be praying for Mark and Anna for the long haul. I’m so glad you were able to go out and minister to them in such a tangible way by making their “new” home beautiful and organized and taking care of their littles. Enjoy this weekend with your sweet family. We enjoyed getting to love on them for a couple of days.
    Hugs,
    Nici

12. Bethany says:

Prayers for your family! <3

13. Anja says:

So very sorry about your brother-in-law! I hope everything will turn out alright!

14. Our prayers will continue….welcome back Aimee and thank you for hosting! xo

15. kim says:

So sorry to hear this. I will certainly hold them up in my prayers and thoughts.

16. Rachel Kennedy says:

my thoughts and prayers are with you all. My BIL was diagnosed with cancer. WIth much faith and prayer and the brilliance of his doctors, he is cancer free and officially in remission. God is almighty and can do great things. Hope to hear all is going well soon.

17. Cheryl says:

Dear Aimee,
    I read your blog regularly, but have never posted. Please know that your family will be in my prayers. I can only imagine that your presence and that of your family is giving your sister a tremendous strength.
    This passage carried me though a tremendously difficult time in my life.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    Jeremiah 29:11

18. Bogi says:

Hi,
    I stop by your blog a lot and enjoy it as well. You don’t know me, but that’s ok, I just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for your family.

Bogi
    (from Germany)

19. So sorry to hear about your brother in law! He is in my prayers as well as the rest of your family! Hugs!

20. Sarah says:

I am so sorry to read this. Just said a prayer for you and your family for healing and strength during this time.

21. Oh Aimee, this is such sad news. I will definitley keep them in my prayers. God Bless. Hugs, Marty

22. Thanks so much for hosting! I will be thinking of your family as you go through this. So sorry that your brother-in-law and sister are going through this.
    KC

23. Marty Walden says:

Oh, Aimee, I’m so very sorry. I’m so glad you all find blessings amidst the trial. Just know you’re being surrounded by love and prayers.
    Marty@Marty’s Musings

24. Praying for your sister and brother-in-law, Aimee. I hope all goes well.

25. Lolly Jane says:

Sorry to hear about this, Aimee! My sister in law’s brother is going through cancer right now, I’ll add Mark to Mike’s prayers! Cancer is vicious :(

Love you, hang in there girl! God is good! xoxox

26. Carrie A. says:

I am a new follower of your blog. I am so sorry to hear about your BIL’s brain tumor. I pray they will get through this smoothly and easily!

27. Your family’s support is such a great witness.

Deb@LakeGrlPaints

28. Jo-Anna says:

Wishing all the best for you and your family Aimee. I hope your brother in law has a safe and speedy recovery…
    Jo-Anna

29. Melissa says:

Amy,

I am so sorry to hear of your BIL’s brain tumor. Also praying for your sister as I’m sure this is exhausting for her, being pregnant, sick, and trying to keep things normal for the kids. So thankful you and your sisters and mom were able to go help!

May God strengthen you all with his grace and mercy!

2 cor. 1:3-7

30. Hydrangeas and Harmony says:

So sorry to hear of your BIL’s news. Praying that they will cling to Jesus during this storm and that He will keep them close!

31. Oh Aimee, I am so sorry to hear of you BIL’s diagnosis. I will pray for the peace that only God can provide and for healing.

32. Lisa says:

So sorry to hear about your brother in law. I’ll be praying for you and your family. I know the Lord will give you all the strength to get through this trial. Eyes on Him.

33. oh my goodness how scary. I will definitely keep mark and your family in my prayers. So wonderful that he has you guys for support and what a great attitude.

34. Aimee, they will be in my prayers. Their faith is amazing :) God Bless! xo Kristin

35. Aimee, life is so precious and unexpected. I know He has a plan and will continue to pray! Big huge hug girl!

36. Aimee, I was sorry to read the news of your brother-in-laws diagnosis. Praying for him and for the entire family.

37. Oh Aimee, I’m so sorry about your brother-in-law! I will be lifting your entire family up in prayer. Please keep us updated on his condition. Take care, Melissa

38. Jo-Anne says:

I am so sorry to hear about your brother in-law, I will pray that he will be ok.

39. Aimee, I am so, so very sorry to read about your Brother-In-Law. I am so very thankful that your sister’s family make it home safely!! I am certainly sending prayers to you and your entire family, and sending positive thoughts. I wish there was more that I could do for you…like bring over a meal or something, but I am too far away, so I can only send my thoughts of well wishes. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you! This is certainly news that no family wants to hear! Hugs, Angie xoxo

40. Praying for your family… xo

41. Amelia says:

Prayers are coming your family’s way.

42. Thanks so much for hosting!!

Fotini

43. SO sorry to hear about your brother-in-law, Aimee! What a very scary time for your family. I will pray for peace for all of you and healing for your brother-in-law.
    Allison

44. Aimee– your family’s faith and love of the Lord are so evident! What an incredible testimony. I will be fervently praying for your sister and her husband and the entire journey you will all be on. I’m a cancer survivor and “my” verse(s) that got me through so much was Exodus 33:19, 21-23. May God bless the road ahead and keep you steady all the way.
    {HUGS},
    kristi

45. So sorry that your family is going through this hard time. Hope he heals soon and all is well!

46. Debbie says:

My prayers are with your brother-in-law, your sister and their children, as well as the rest of your family. I pray for God’s healing hand, comfort and peace. Thank you for sharing that with us. My best to you and your family,

Debbie

47. Pendra says:

Aimee, I do not normally share this about myself, but it just felt right. I am proof that miracles do happen… I was diagnosed with not only 1 but 2 cerebral carotid artery aneurysms. In fact the morning of my surgery, one of them ruptured and started to bleed. I should not be walking or talking or living the life I am living. But here I am, walking and talking and living this beautiful life! It has been 12 years and other than some memory and vision problems now, I have a very beautiful life! My faith, family and friends are what carried me through it. I will send healing thoughts and prayers to your sweet BIL, Sister and to you and your family. Miracles do happen…just believe!
    Hugs,
    Pendra

48. AnaMB says:

So sorry to hear about that, Aimee….
    Stay strong

49. Adding your family to my prayers.

50. Meegan says:

Oh Aimee. Your family is in my prayers. I will be prayig for them specifically.
    Loves.

51. sandy says:

Sending all the good vibes I can
    muster for your bro-in-law.. that
    is scarey to say the least. Your
    a good sister to help as you are.
    Take care
    Sandy

52. Mary says:

I’m so sorry to hear that! Prayers being sent for your family!

53. Hi Aimee, it’s my first time stopping by- I couldn’t find your blog button to link up on my site. Let me know if you have one!

54. Lydia Wagner says:

Aimee – what a rude awakening to the fact that we live in a broken world. I pray that when angst and fear creep into their hearts, that the Spirit will give them peace and that our God will comfort their souls. I am praying for Anna and that sweet baby in her belly, as well as for a miracle for Mark.

55. Bliss says:

My brother in law too had a brain tumor, and a seizure is how they discovered it…. smack he went down on the kitchen floor convulsing. That is terrifying to watch his wife had no idea what was happening. It is also amazing what surgeons do every day.

Bliss

56. Sarah says:

Aimee – your family is in my prayers!

57. Shauna @Satori Design for Living says:

Sending best wishes and prayers to your family.

58. Brenda says:

I am believing the Lord, with Anna and Mark, for a full and complete recovery for Mark as well as health for family, health for pregnanacy and baby and an easy time unpacking and sorting out their new home. Isa 53:5 By His wounds, we were healed! In Jesus name!

59. Thanks so much for hosting a great party! Linked up and linked back. Have a great week! :)
    Claire

60. Aimee,
    I haven’t linked yet, I will in a minute. I know I only know you through a blog, but I am praying for your sister, brother in law, and their family. I’m sorry, doesn’t even cut it, but I am so sorry that your family is having to go through this trial. I’m so happy that God got them home safely and that you and the rest of your family were able to be with them last week.
    God Bless all of you.
    Debi

61. Britni says:

I’m so sorry, Aimee! I’ll be praying for your sister, brother-in-law, you and your family. Positive thoughts headed your way!

62. Aimee says:

Thanks SWEET SWEET Friends for your prayers and encouragement! Each of you is such a blessing in my life! XO, Aimee

63. Taylor says:

I am so sorry to hear of this sad news, my thoughts and prayers and with your family!