Setting the Table Pretty

January 23, 2013 by 20 Comments

It had been awhile since I’d played with pretty colors and dishes….mixing together some new with my old pieces, aka setting the table pretty!  It’s like a breath of fresh air to walk into my dining room and see it all pretty!
World-Market-Superbowl-ItsOverflowing

I bought this vase set at World Market and love that it only takes a few sprigs to brighten up a table.  Before long I’ll be filling it with flowers from our garden!  It was my inspiration piece!

World Market Superbowl ItsOverflowing 2

My boys asked me why I was putting things on the table when they came home from school.  I told them it was for the Superbowl…to which they ran into their room and came out with the perfect finishing touch…their football!  LOVE!

World-Market-Superbowl-ItsOverflowing-3

I keep my home decor closet stocked with galvanized buckets…perfect for this tablescape…I’ll be filling them with our favorite snacks!

World-Market-Superbowl-ItsOverflowing-4-1

And we can’t forget about our veggies!  Mason Jars are my other favorite tablescape (really everyday) accessory!

World Market Superbowl ItsOverflowing 5

And here it is all put together!

World-Market-Superbowl-ItsOverflowing-6

My portion plated….YUM!

World-Market-Superbowl-ItsOverflowing-7

Comments

20 Responses to “Setting the Table Pretty”
  1. Fun table…love the runner and the vase set is so cute!! The football is the perfect touch!! xo

2. Sherry says:

I’m so bad. I don’t even know which teams are playing! We don’t have cable so I don’t watch much tv lately. I do love a good Superbowl party though. Your setting is so pretty. I like how you “threw” the football into the mix! Oh, and the yummy and healthy veggies :)

3. Jane says:

Very cute! Love the veggie sticks in the Ball jars! I don’t really like football so I’ll be on kitchen duty!

XO,
    Jane

4. Jill Flory says:

How fun that they added the football! I should let my girls help me set a fun table for the Super Bowl – they would LOVE it! Our team is the Colts – second choice would have been the Broncos since Peyton is there now. Since neither team made it we are going for the Niners!!
    And your table is lovely :)

5. Jo-Anne says:

It does all look so pretty………..

6. Linda says:

Your table is so pretty for Super Bowl! I wonder if the guys will notice? I like the idea of keeping the metal edge on the mason jar when you use it as a serving dish. We will be rooting for the East coast team, the Ravens, as our usual NY and New England teams did not make it this year! And I think I will add some of the San Pelligrino too! Love that vase from World Market! We don’t have one nearby, so I’ll check our their website. Linda

7. Shauna @Satori Design for Living says:

Love your football tablescape. We were hoping to host this year, but our sectional is still not here and it would be pretty funny for everyone to sit on the blow up bed or the floor cushions (what we’re currently using for seating in the basement!). Stealing these ideas for next year. (Not sure who I’m cheering for yet- our teams are out).

8. Brie says:

Oh that is so pretty! I love the wooden chargers too. Plus vegetables are always more fun to eat when they are in mason jars. Mason jars just make everything better.

9. I found you from the Strut Your Stuff link up. Your table setting looks great and perfect for a Super bowl party. I just started a new Saturday Spotlight Linky Party on my blog this week, and would love to have you stop by and share! http://angelshomestead.com/saturday-spotlight-1/