How to Make an EASY, Fun Table Runner

February 8, 2013 by 15 Comments

The awesome features from the party this week will be open in just a bit, but first…I recently showed you my Love You More, Table for Two and many of my sweet friends have since asked if I bought or made the tablecloth!  This was a super fun and easy DIY by yours truly and could easily be made by you, too!  I knew I wanted to add a runner spelling love in many languages to my table.  My handwriting on PicMonkey is awesome….on paper, not always great.  I grabbed a piece of paper and did a little doodling for practice.

DIY Chalk Table Runner Valentines ItsOverflowing

With a few fun options under my belt…script, caps, lower case, hearts…etc.  I went for it.  I started at the top left corner and went row by row, keeping a damp paper towel near so I could erase the letters that weren’t quite right.  I loved seeing my vision come together.

Valentines Day Love Table Chalk - ItsOverflowing

Here’s a little sampling of my fancy font, using a piece of Chalkboard Contact Paper and a Chalk Ink Marker.  You can totally copy!

Romantic Table for Two - ItsOverflowing 6

And a little more scoop…yes, this is the bench from Marshalls that I shared on instagram ‘wishing I had a spot.’  I made a spot!  It’s in my family room and my sweeties are loving the extra seating.  For my tablescape, I pulled over one of my end tables and covered it with a white tablecloth.  The ‘love you more’ canvas was a fun Home Good find.  It’s usually in Little B’s room.

Valentines Day Love Table Chalk - ItsOverflowing 2

Pink Stalk Flowers ItsOverflowing

The awesome bird cage is from Hobby Lobby.  They just recently started including the metal bird cages in their metal sales…50% off made this a total steal!  I love it!

Romantic Table for Two - ItsOverflowing 3

I wrote about my simple cuisine (here)…I could use a few more of these Chocolate Covered Strawberries right now.  Yum!

Romantic Table for Two - ItsOverflowing 4

So that’s it!  The table runner was a simple DIY Craft that totally rocked the tablescape…the cool thing…since I left the adhesive backing in tact, I wiped the writing away and plan to use it for something else later.

Romantic Table for Two - ItsOverflowing

I know lots of you are sick of chalkboard this and that…it may be a little overdone, but I don’t use actual ‘chalk’ there’s not a bit of dust to worry about!  –I think I’ll always have a thing for black and white –it totally make the pink pop!  Speaking of pink…the cute bird pillow on the bench between my chevron pillows, I won it in a giveaway — from Love of Family & Home!

Comments

15 Responses to “How to Make an EASY, Fun Table Runner”
  1. Kris says:

Aimee,
    I like that you stepped outside the usual red and white in your valentine design. I love the black and white with the hot pink. Really cute.
    Kris

2. Love the table-runner, very fun!

3. Jill Flory says:

Beautiful! You could totally make those and sell them! I’ve never used the chalkboard contact paper – gonna have to get some to have on hand for when I come up with the perfect projecct for it!

4. Patty says:

Oh, what fun! This is such a cute idea. Thanks for the idea!

5. Kayla says:

So creative and cute! I love it! : )

Kayla

6. Shauna @Satori Design for Living says:

Love! I’ve been playing around with a chalk pen, but your writing is definitely superior to mine. Why can’t we be neighbors?

7. Love that Runner! So adorable, you’re starting to make me think I can’t live without a chalk pen. I am loving all that you’ve been creating lately.

8. Sarah says:

I agree that pink against black and white is a great combo! LOVE this cute seating area :)

9. Chessa says:

So cute! Oh how I love your color combinations. The Chevron pillows are to die for. Very very fun!

10. Jo-Anne says:

I like black and white so love how this looks

11. That is awesome! Wat a great set up (I so need to go to a Hobby Lobby – we just got one – well it is one hour away…but still!)

12. I love the idea, very unique and fun to do with your older kids.

13. Michelle@yagottahaveahobby says:

What a clever idea! Nice work. Your decor is so stylish–I love it all! Please do my whole house just like that!

14. DesignedByBH says:

Yes, I absolutely LOVE the table runner! What a fabulous idea!!! Thanks for sharing!!!