Ready for more Get it Organized tips?!! I’ve found that I am so much better about cleaning and organizing when I have a fun incentive. The other day I received Fridge Coasters in the mail and it was totally what I needed to motivate me to clean out my refrigerator. When the Fridge Coasters arrived, I shared a fun pic on instagram because I was so stoked! I waited a few more days before sorting through my fridge – I wanted to finish up most of our groceries before emptying all the shelves. Here’s my refrigerator on cleaning day!
Empty the refrigerator and pile it on the counters. Time to work fast!
It’s amazing how many crumbs are hiding under the drawers. Gross!
Tahdah! Thirty minutes tops — including unloading time!
Here’s a little scoop on the fridge coasters.
• Made of dense solid pressed wood pulp coaster board (biodegradable and recyclable).
• Wipe them with the soft side of a kitchen sponges as needed.
• “Will absorb 4-5x their weight within 30 seconds after a spill.” –from National Sanitation Foundation
• If they get wet, lay them out to dry and reuse, if raw meat comes in contact with fridge coasters, they’ll need to be recycled and replaced.
• Very fun colors, sizes, AND double sided printing!
I had so much fun reloading the fridge. Now that it’s all clean and super cute, I can’t wait to make a big grocery run and fill it up — almost to the brim. Air needs to circulate to stay cool, so an overly stocked refrigerator isn’t ideal because it can create variance in temperature. The ideal refrigerator temperature is 40°F or cooler to prevent bacteria from growing.
Keep meat, vegetables, and fruit whole until ready to be eaten. Chopped food spoils much faster. I usually put a paper towel or plate underneath my strawberries to prevent dirtying my coasters.
I totally LOVE my Anthropologie Butter Dish – not sure why they stopped making it in yellow?
Have fun exploring and figuring out what works best for your shelving and drawer needs, because each fridge is different, they don’t come with layout steps A-Z . Arranging my Fridge Coasters was a lot of fun and I love the results! You will totally love your designer fridge, too. Makes me happy!
So cute you can hardly stand it, right!
Remember door temperatures fluctuate a lot so don’t store milk or other quick to expire items in the fridge doors. The best location for milk is in the center of the refrigerator.
A few more tips for refrigerator organization.
• Toss the extra packaging — cardboard yogurt holders, soda boxes, etc — when loading the groceries into the fridge, instead of waiting until you’ve discovered them emptied and taking up shelf space.
• Keep food visible so you know what you have and use it, watch for items that get hidden in the back.
• Store food for up to four days in see-through containers — seeing the food makes you more prone to using it.
• Before each grocery trip, remove the expired food and wipe down the shelves and drawers.
• A box of baking soda can be added to your fridge and freezer to neutralize smells.