Love You More, Table for Two

February 1, 2013 by 28 Comments

We don’t go out on the town for date night very often.  Sounds sad, but no pity party here!  We have lots of lunch dates while the kids are in school and there are so many ways to date at home while our sweeties are snoozing.  A table for two is the perfect date and any end table can be used to create that small space.

I absolutely love creating tablescapes, but sometimes I need a little inspiration to get my creative juices flowing!  I took you with me shopping (click here to see what I wore and bought)!

I love Moll Anderson’s new book, Seductive Tables For Two!

d8b241f6db8287d93dd4431c65742bbc

Stud spent the week skiing in Vail with some of his friends.  Lucky, right!  I thought it’d be fun to surprise him when he returned home.  I came up with a little romantic table for two.

Skiing in Vail ItsOverflowing

I love how Moll incorporates so much color in her tablescapes and thought I’d add a fun splash of color to my ‘Love You More’ tablescape.  How’s hot pink for color?!?

While it’d be fun to have a nice meal prepared for him, with school projects, tests, ballet practices, and my server having some crazy issues, I decided this was one of those times where my favorite word in life needed to come out with intensity!  Simplicity.  I picked up a baguette and some of our favorite dipping sauce, a gift from a friend long ago that has become a family staple.

I also dipped some strawberries in chocolate, one of our favorite date night indulgences.

If you’re looking for tangible tips for creating pretty tables for two in and out of your home by adding touches of color and fragrance, you will just adore Moll.  I’ve looked through her book at least a dozen times already.  And if you’re wondering about my little nook…here’s how the runner was made.

Table for Two - ItsOverflowing

Continue to be inspired by Moll Anderson:

Screen Shot 2013-01-31 at 9.40.29 PM

Access Hollywood – dates TBD

Radio show on XM Talk 168 – every Saturday at 5:00 pm EST

Site :: Twitter :: FB

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® #cbias #SocialFabric #SeductiveTables”

Comments

28 Responses to “Love You More, Table for Two”
  1. Debbie says:

That’s such a cute little tablescape. I’ll bet your hubby was pleasantly surprised. And what a coincidence…my hubby and son were skiing in Vail this past week too! I’ll be they passed each other on the slopes a few times. Small world! Have a great weekend Aimee!

Debbie

• Aimee says:

You’re kidding me…really Debbie! Too funny! And yes, he’s SO HAPPY to be home! Now he needs a vacation from his little vacation…skiing is hard work! :)

2. Beautiful tablescape, love love the pop of hot pink! xx

3. Kayla says:

That is adorable! So cute! : )

Kayla

4. Your colors are so well balanced!

• Aimee says:

Oh my goodness Mallery…THANKS! I think you’re going to totally adore Moll Anderson…you should check out her tips, they’re AWESOME! XO, Aimee

5. Carrie says:

Wasn’t it a blast thinking of a theme and setting a table for the one you love? I personally think simple is best, your husband will love the thought you put into it and a baguette and strawberries sounds pretty perfect to me. I loved Moll’s book and the inspiration inside!

6. Mimi says:

So beautiful! I love the colors and the details! Very romantic.

7. Jill Flory says:

Beautiful tablescape Aimee!

8. I’ve loved seeing all the cbias tablescapes! The creativity is amazing – no two alike, or even similar yet all of them stunning.

Thanks for the inspiration!

9. I love this project Amy! I completely agree…sometimes simple is best! Love the colours and the choc strawberries! Just fabulous! Angie xo

10. So cute! I love that you managed to make it really romantic while keeping it simple.

11. Love it! It has inspired me! We found you via I (heart) nap time – sundae scoop

12. Shauna @Satori Design for Living says:

Love the color combo. My hubby has been in Europe this past week and will be home today just in time for the football game. I don’t think I’ll do pink, but a little surprise like choc dipped strawberries may be a good idea. Enjoy your Sunday!

13. Jo-Anne says:

A pretty little table indeed and chocolate dipped strawberries are so yummy……..

14. Such a cute little table for two!!! The strawberries are making me hungry!!! Have a blessed week!

15. Rachel says:

I love chocolate covered strawberries. Yum… they are my favorite.

16. Beautiful table setting and the pink and strawberries are so romantic looking. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

17. Erika says:

Such a great idea for some special quiet time with your love. I’m trying to figure out what you used for the black cover with white wording–is it chalkboard paper or wrapping paper?

18. Pam says:

Your guy had fun and now is ready for some romance! You set a wonderful vignette for a special time with your husband.The black and white paper is the perfect background for this time together. Have a special date!

Pam

19. Emily says:

Beautiful table, Aimee!! Have a great Valentine’s Day with your sweeties :)