Storing Kids Artwork –Cute Kitchen Nook

February 6, 2013 by 15 Comments

It must be sister week on the blog!?  Yesterday, I told you about a huge closet organization project I worked on with my older sister.  I’m the second oldest.  And today I’m sharing a fun house accessory for moms with kids that my younger sister loves!  (I love it, too).  And of course, most of you know that my baby sister totally rocks and you’ve so sweetly offered to keep her precious family in your prayers – updates here.

Organizing Children's Artwork ItsOverflowing

Growing up in a family with three sisters was a lot of fun.  From an early age, our favorite past time was rearranging furniture, throughout the house.  I’m telling you where there’s a will, there’s a way…we moved some beastly furniture up and down the stairs! Total craziness at age ten!  Fast forward some years and when we get together it’s more of the same, but we do a lot more talking about design concepts and a little less actual rearranging.

Organizing Children's Artwork ItsOverflowing 2

The art above the crazy cool Ballard Design table was created by my three darling little nephews!  (Yes, nephews.  In preschool, the girls grabbed boy sketches and the boys went for the girls).  Obviously, fine detail like hair length doesn’t matter much to a three year old…painting trumps everything.  I love the profile sketch idea.  Perfect craft for lots of occasions.

Organizing Children's Artwork ItsOverflowing 3

And the way the artwork is stored is crazy cool!  How fun to be able to keep up to 50 art projects in one frame…and totally genius to be able to switch the display depending on season or the latest masterpiece!  I love this solution for Storing Kids Artwork!.

Organizing Children's Artwork ItsOverflowing 5

In case you’re in the market for something like this, my younger sister said it came from Dynamic Frames  ( I’m not an affiliate, just like the product LOTS!  What I would like to do is try and talk Stud into making a similar piece for my house!  So cool!

Organizing Children's Artwork ItsOverflowing 6

On one side there’s a hinge and the other is a closure clasp.

Organizing Children's Artwork ItsOverflowing 4

How do you like to display your children’s artwork!!?  Tell me about it and/or leave a link in the comments below!!!

Organizing Children's Artwork ItsOverflowing

Comments

15 Responses to “Storing Kids Artwork –Cute Kitchen Nook”
  1. Carol says:

Clever! Love the frames, it’s a really great idea!

2. How fun is this. Love their art. Hugs, Marty

3. I think about your sister and brother-in-law often. Glad to read that her pregnancy is going well & that they are surrounded by generous friends & family.

God’s Blessings & Healing Hands for them all!
    Amelia

PS- Of course the artwork storage is perfect:)

4. Love the kitchen nook and the clever way to display the art-work …great idea!

5. Maribeth F. says:

Just wanted to let everyone know that AC Moore sells a version of this with a magnetic closure. I have it in my dining area and rotate seasonal art. Just another idea…..

6. I have frames that hinge like that to display my kids’ art too. Found them at target, on an end cap a while ago.

This post also shows me that I need my sister to let me do projects at her house. I’ve clearly been missing an opportunity:)

Jessica

7. Jo-Anne says:

Beatiful frames I would write more but I have a rotten headache and honestly I just can’t think of anything else to say.

8. Love love love those frames. Great idea!

9. Lolly Jane says:

So cute! LOVE that bench, not to get off topic, lol!
    xoxo

10. Becca says:

I have those very same frames for my son’s art, too! And, what fun … I grew up with three sisters, too! The bench is fabulous … great eating area! Thanks for sharing.

• Aimee says:

That is too funny Becca! I don’t run into many that grew up with three sisters!!! April (this is her house) is a designer and artist …I’ll have to do a house tour eventually…she has very fun style!

XO, Aimee

11. Kelli says:

I love those frames! I have some frames with my kiddos’ art that hang in my kitchen that I change out every once in a while. They are pretty easy to change…but not that easy! Stopping by from TT&J. Have a great weekend!

12. So cute! What a great idea! Thank you so much for sharing Aimee!!!
    Jaime

13. Oh my goodness… I need two of them… like yesterday! Those are awesome! Thanks for sharing this fabulous idea!

Take care,

Trish

14. Shannon says:

I love displaying my children’s art too. I love those frames! What a great idea:) I am visiting from the Savvy Southern Style link party!