The Easter Story (Free Printable)

I’m so excited to share this free printable of The Easter Story with you my sweet friends.  I would love for you to share them with your family and friends!  Last Easter I shared a late dinner with friends at Central Market.  We started talking about how there weren’t many decor ideas that point to the true meaning of Easter.   As Easter this year arrived, I wanted to come up with something for my family that was full of meaning.  One of my family’s favorite Easter discussions is using the resurrection eggs -here, but this year I decided I wanted more of a visual reminder…

Easter Story Explained ItsOverflowing

I made a chevron background and then added silhouettes of – a donkey, coins, praying hands, a piece of leather, a crown, nails, a die, a spear, a piece of linen, and a stone – each telling a part of The Easter Story!

Christian Easter Traditions ItsOverflowing1

I had them printed in glossy initially, but the window nearby where they hung was creating a crazy glare so I spent an extra $1.50 and had them reprinted at Costco where they offer the matte prints.   Crazy part – the color of the printable was different at both locations.  (I liked both color options).

Resurection Story ItsOverflowing

I wrapped my chalkboard with yellow and white twine and then tied it off.  Then I added mini clothespins, three per a row.  After hanging the photos in their original 4×6 form, I decided to make the image more prominent and trimmed each side to make them 4×4 squares.  LOVE!

Teaching Kids About Easter ItsOverflowing

I think this is an excellent way to teach my sweeties about Passion Week…12 days leading up to Easter, and it’s a constant reminder of the sacrificial love of Jesus!

The Easter Story (Free Printable) ItsOverflowing

Want to see where it’s hanging?!  I’ve included a link to the images so you can print these for your home, too.   Add them to a bulletin board or lay one on your child’s pillow each night for the days leading up to Easter – great bedtime discussion!

Easter Decorations ItsOverflowing

Click here to download The Easter Story in twelve free printables – including one empty card, signifying Jesus’ Resurrection!

Linking up at: Savvy Southern Style, Between Naps on the Porch

XO, Aimee

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

1. These are great! Pinning them 😉 xo Kristin

2. Aimee, I just love these. So much bunny stuff is out there for Easter but not so much about the real meaning of Easter-Jesus, our risen Savior. Thanks for making these avail to us. I am visiting from Met Monday. So glad I did. Love Wanda

3. Aimee-
    So glad that yo stand up for the real meaning of Easter. It is becoming a rare thing. These are beautiful and I love how you have them displayed as well. The blank one is the BEST thing about Easter!

4. Amy says:

I love this! I am printing some for myself and my friends!!

5. Such a sweet idea and thanks for sharing with us.

6. Sharon says:

Wow! Thank you so much! I know my family and I will enjoy these for many years to come! Do you just talk about each, or do you have specific verses you use, etc…?

7. These are great! I think it’s so important, especially for children, to have that constant reminder as Easter approaches, that the season is NOT about bunnies and colored eggs, but the Savior of the world coming to rescue His children!

8. Beautiful display of the real meaning of Easter…thanks for sharing!

9. angel says:

Love these! just printed them out on some 4×6 paper I had kicking around.

10. I just liked on Facebook and i pinned it !! Im making it now for our family

11. Love, love, love this, Aimee! Have you ever read Amon’s Journey as a family? This is our first year with the Easter book (there are 3 Christmas books, one per year) and we love it. Great devotional material and a story that will keep your kids captivated!

12. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing it.

13. Thank you so much for sharing this! we read the real easterstory every year for the family but I never had the idea to decorade our home with the real story:-)! great idea!

14. Thank you so much for this printable! I am so excited to share this with my family. I love the reminders of what Easter is all about. This is perfect!

15. Thank you so much. I can’t wait to use it.

16. I absolutely love these!! Thank you so much for providing them for us! Pinning and printing!

17. Melissa says:

Hi Aimee,

I love this idea! Thank you so much for creating these free printables. Last night was my first night hosting a linky party at redflycreations(dot)com! I would love to have you link up this free printable. Thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful creative ideas!

18. I love these so much. Now I’ve got to get ready for Easter:)

19. Thank you so much for posting someting that focuses on the true meaning of Easter. I plan to use them this Sunday with the children in our Czech church.

20. Tassie says:

Thank you so much for these printables….. can’t wait to print them, and put them up. I was just thinking about the fact that I did not have any decorations with the real Easter story…. thank you for taking the time to make these!!!

21. It’s like an advent tree but for Easter! What a great idea!

22. Love these Aimee! What a perfect way to celebrate the Easter season. Thanks so much for sharing these with us. Have a wonderful day and Happy Easter friend!! 😉

23. These are an absolutely lovely way to celebrate the Easter Season ~ thanks so much for sharing at the It’s a Spring Thing Linky Party.

24. Francene Schweyer says:

I just wanted to thank you for you Easter story display board with the chevron background. I have always loved the Resurrection eggs, but never thought of displaying it like this. I help with our KidZone at church so I am putting together a display board similar to yours for our Easter lessons. In addition, I also created my own mini version as a craft so each of the kids will get to take their own Easter display board home! I love this idea and I am so excited to display it this Easter! THANK YOU FOR SHARING!