House Tour: Designer Color Scheme

April 11, 2013 by 18 Comments

Don’t you just LOVE a Dreamy Dwelling House Tour?!   Danielle from Danielle Oakey Interiors is sharing her Designer Color Scheme Home — she’s a designer and is amazingly talented!  Ready to check it out…

My 930 square foot condo has been a labor of love.  With my husband being a full-time medical student our decor budget is very little, which means I had to get creative when designing our home.  Almost everything in our condo is a DIY, thrifted, or from inexpensive stores like Ikea, Target, or HomeGoods.  Since my space is small, I kept the color scheme bright and airy.  I must admit, I can’t help but smile every time I come home!
Although I would like nothing more than to have an endless decor budget, I have a formed a strong love for this home by spending endless hours transforming each room one project at a time.

One of my favorite projects in my home would have to be my DIY ombre art.  I love how it adds a pop of color to my “office” wall.
My master bedroom is a work in progress! I made my upholstered headboard, hand painted my nightstands, and sewed my drapery!
The lamps came from my local thrift store and were originally gold. I spray painted them white as well as added a new shade.
My gallery wall was a collection of thrifted and Ikea frames.
I recently switched things up in my daughters room to accommodate our growing family.  We welcomed a baby boy in January and I wanted him to have a little space to call his own.  He had to settle with just a wall in his sisters room, but I think it does the trick.  I made the DIY deer heads several years ago and still love them.
My daughters loft bed was an Ikea hack. It was originally a bunk bed that I converted into a loft bed to maximize the playing space in her room.
I then simply added some pink silk fabric to create a play-house feel!  She absolutely loves it and I love having the extra space.
That’s my small and cozy — always a work in progress home sweet home!  I’d love for you to come visit me at Danielle Oakey Interiors for more design inspiration!  — Isn’t her Color Scheme so inspiring!

More fabulous House Tours (here).

Comments

18 Responses to “House Tour: Designer Color Scheme”
  1. Linn says:

Hi, my name is Linn, I live in Sweden, I really like your blog and I have borrowed a picture from you and put in together with a link to your blog on mine. I hope that is okey, please let me know if you do mind then I will of course delete it as soon as possible

2. I’m in love with her place! xo Kristin

3. Tiffany says:

I really like the little girl room with black and white stripes.

4. Thanks so much for having me! I am honored to be a part of your wonderful House Tours Series!

5. Carrie A. says:

Love the nursery/child’s room! Great idea for the bunkbed/play kitchen below. Loved everything else, too, esp all of the wall art!

6. Amy mayen says:

What great colors, with tons of natural light. Gorgeous!

7. Shauna @Satori Design for Living says:

So pretty. Love all the fresh colors!

8. April Hoff says:

I love all of the white with bright pops of color! The fabric patterns are gorgeous too!

9. I think that the bright colors are great! It is also awesome that things have been collected over time and in such inexpensive ways, so creative and brilliant!

~Sarah

10. micupoftea says:

SO ‘Jonathon Adler’- love the striped wall and painted lamps. :)

11. I love Danielle’s home and blog! She always has great design ideas, and happy to hear she will discuss them here!

12. This is a gorgeous home!! I love seeing creative ways to add new spaces to an existing room- her little boy’s nursery space is genius! I remember seeing her painted dresser somewhere and fell in love with it. I’ll have to go check out her blog! Thanks for sharing :-)

13. Milita says:

WOW! Stunning. I love that everything is affordable and DIY but still amazing. That is what us blog followers are usually looking for!

14. Jacki says:

Absolutely love the yellow console/credenza table! Great ideas here!