Home Sweet Home

July 31, 2013 by 13 Comments

Life has been a little EXTRA busy.   I know some get a ‘rush’ from putting this sign in their front yard, but I’m not really that type.  After many hours spent driving Dallas and its surrounding cities, lots of weighing our options, a ton of prayer, and falling in LOVE LOSING OUT on three great houses because of the whole ‘contingency’ issue  — we took the plunge and listed our house!  For Sale By Owner…

Home Sweet Home

Our rancher home was every bit of a ‘Home Sweet Home’ for our family.  Perfect!?!  No, but definitely cozy and comfortable…a total labor of love!  It’s been a whirlwind and just to give you the cliff note version for now, our house sold ridiculously fast thanks to the low supply — high demand of our neighborhood and of course a little credit to Stud for lots of fun home improvements.  After being on the market for three weeks and wondering if it would sell…the fourth week we had an offer AND fell in love with ‘Our House!’   <Insert Happy Dance>.

For Sale By Owner @ItsOverflowing 2

There’s so much more I want to share with you, but it’s really late and there will be more boxes for me to UNPACK tomorrow (not to mention three little sweeties ready to play)!

For Sale By Owner @ItsOverflowing

SO thankful to have Internet alive and kicking again — expect more real soon!     XO, Aimee

Comments

13 Responses to “Home Sweet Home”
  1. Julia @cuckoo4design says:

WOW, how exciting!

2. Aimee, good luck with settling into the new place. Can’t wait to hear all about it!

Christy @ Creating a Beautiful Life

3. Bliss says:

Well think of the bonus not having to keep everything in order for months on end. Looking forward to seeing the new place and the It’s Overflowing stamp you put on it.
    Bliss

4. Elena says:

Congratulations! That’s so exciting. Can’t wait to see the new place!

5. :-) YAY! congrats on selling your house! can’t wait to read about the new one :-)

6. Sabrina says:

Congratulations!! We lost out on a condo but it became a huge blessing. I want to wish you the best of luck with the move and your new adventure!

7. sarah says:

It doesn’t surprise me one bit that you guys sold so fast! Congratulations-that is awesome.
    Sarah

8. Carrie A. says:

So excited for you guys! Can’t wait to hear more! We are thinking about selling our ranch for something bigger next Spring and I am so nervous to do it. How amazing yours sold and you found the perfect house all in ONE week!

9. Petra says:

I’ve done a couple of those quick sale/fast moves and overall I think it’s the best way to go! Can’t wait to hear/see what you’ve ended up doing! Best wishes from Australia! :-)

10. That is awesome news Aimee! I can’t wait to hear all about it!!

11. Yay, I can’t wait to hear more! :-)

~Sarah

12. Juju says:

Congrats Aimee & family on the new house!

The Hubs accepted a job in Hawaii, so we will also be listing our house and making a big leap to the island of Oahu. And of course, we just finished the kitchen cabinets! LOL!

Blessings, Juju